Taking pictures

•  I will be taking my 12 week pictures this Sunday.  Does anyone have any tips for taking final pictures.  I have taken six week and ten week pictures, but I want the 12 week ones to look as good as possible.

Thanks,

Jeff

• My suggestion would be to make sure My ugly mug is no where in the picture LMAO..

Actually, Try to take them outside, and/or if not possible, try to get them in a room where there is good natural light to the back of the camera.

That's about the best I can offer. Good luck and I'm sure there has to be a shutter bug in here somewhere, maybe they can offer more :)

Chip

• Hi Jeff,

I suggest that if you do not have a tan, you call a local tanning salon and see if they offer the spray on tans, they work beautifully.  Try to stay away from oils with high shine and stick with Pam type spray (no joke here) it gives a nice low sheen to the skin.  If you are taking the pictures at home, make sure there is plenty of light and very little to distract in the back ground like furniture and pictures on the walls.  Also, practice posing.  It sounds silly, but you will be surprised at how are it is to flex, pose, smile and breath all at the same time.   I hope this helps.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Having a tan look is a real plus!! I used Loreal Sublime Tinted Instant Tanner, I used the deep/dark one. It is best to exfoliate your skin a day before you start applying the instant tan. I started applying the instant tan about 3 days before my picture was taken. I applied 2 coats each day about 4 hour apart.  To give my skin a nice sheen, I used regular Pam cooking spray. Lightly spray a small amount of the Pam after you have arrived at the studio, blot off any extra, do not rub it off, or you could rub off your tan. Don't use too much, you don't want to look like a cooked turkey!

Another thing I did was to print off pictures of past champions, so I could take this to the photographer, this way he could see the type of pictures and poses that I was looking for.

It is also a good idea to practice posing in front of a full length mirror. It will make it a whole lot easier and more relaxed on picture day.

If you are using BetaGen or Creatine, it is a good idea to stop using them about 2 weeks before your pictures are to be taken. The reason for this is because these product may cause you to retain water, and you want your muscle definition to show up real good for your pictures.

It also helps to lifts some light weights just before your pictures are to be taken to help pump up your muscles.

That is all I can think of at the moment. If I think of anything else I will add it later. Best wishes to you!

Hugs,

Sylvia Bortman

2006 BFL Grand Champion Women's 50+

• Jeff ~

Challenge 1-12 week photos for me on Monday. YAY US! I have a manicure, pedicure and massage scheduled for Saturday. Does that help? :-D

Seriously, the posts below are spot on. Do you have your shorts ready or picked out?

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Jeff and Renee,

Congratulations to the both of you for completing the 12 weeks.  That is an accomplishment and I know y'all have to be very proud of yourselves.  I can not wait to see the pictures!!!

Jeff, I am glad Renee mentioned the shorts, because that was going to be my suggestion...I just wanted to make sure you were going to wear pants!!!  LOL

Good Luck and have fun with it!!!!