Body Fat Scale ??

• Any one here using a body fat scale??? I am doing my challenge at home and want to get a scale for this. Which one is the best for the money? Someone also had a handheld one ??

• Anyone one of them is a good one.  None are super accurate so I would think you could just pick one but stick with it through your challenge so the reading is consistent with the one instrument you use.

Hope this helps.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Correct me if I am wrong here....but those scales and the hand held "sensors" are kind of a joke. I read that if you step on the scale, the sensor shoots up the bottom half of your body to do the reading, and if you are holding one of those hand held ones, the sensor shoots through your arms.

Well how is that a total BF reading! My lower half hasnt changed as near as my upper half has so if I were to take my scales BF reading as the truth, I would need therapy.

I agree with you Sharon to stick with one for consistancy, but I am not to fond of my scale reading.

That's my 2 cents.

• Yes Legs, my scale was not quite consistent with the bodyfat calipher.  In the end I stuck with the caliipher but still wasn't sure if it was accurate on the reading but at least it was from that one instrument.  The most accurate reading for bodyfat is the Bodpod but you have to find a facility that has one and see what they charge.  The price for the test varies.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• I have one of those scales but never use it to test my BF% because they vary so much depending on what time of day it is, what you have eaten that day, how hydrated or dehydrated you are, how much sodium intake you have.  I'm not talking about a 1 or 2% variance but many of them can vary several percentage points taking all of those variables into consideration.  

I know it is not the most accurate measure either but it is atleast pretty consistent... I use the military version of calculating body fat (or it was what they used anyways when I was in the military) and that is where they take measurements of certain areas and body parts and perform a calculation based on those overall measurements and your height/gender.  You can Google for the method if you are interested... there are a few sites that allow you to enter in your measurements and it will do the algorithms for you... all you need is a cloth measuring tape.

• Calipers for around 3 dollars will give you a much more accurate reading. The bodyfat scales can be very misleading and actually read much higher than you are. Calipers don't lie and are close. I think the photographs and measurements work just as well.