Mike pops up everyday

• I went to have some protein powder mixed with water.  Grabbed my Syntrax Natural Nectar and immediately was reminded of Mike.  He's the one that turned me on to Syntrax protein powder.   Of course he preferred RoadSide Lemonade.  Most every set during a workout I think of Mike and make sure I'm pushing hard.

10's in exercise and nutrition = 10's in life

• I also think of Mike all the time.  I've been one of those people STRUGGLING with myself.  I've struggled with balance and moderation in life.  I believe some of my perceptions of life in general has caused this.  I'm on and then off and then on and off again.  I was one of those people that tried this half way searching for balance in my life.  One day Mike said that the people who did not enter a challenge officially were cowards.  This really upset me and I personalized it.  I politely disagreed with Mike and then felt attacked by others on this site.  Since then, I continuied to lurk off and on ....on this site.  I also want to mention that I had been reading Mike's post and blogs since 2007 and have grown to adore this human being.  But that day.....a nerve was struck.......I guess I can be a pretty sensitive person.  I also have always been one of those people that is "strong" and didn't need "advice!"

How wrong was I???????

This past weekend I cried in my bed over some events in my life and I said to myself......the only way I'm going to crawl out of all of this is ...................................Body For Life!"  

I told myself .....I have to do this again and this time do it RIGHT!  Meanwhile, always thinking that I was not a coward and did not need to enter officially!!

Again... I was wrong.  I've been afraid of the commitment and afraid of failing and afraid of giving up my social drinking!!!  This is hard to admit!  And my husband, who supports me, may think I'm going over board here.  But the truth is......I've been afraid to live myself to the fullest.  

Mike Harris was right!

So I went to the site Tuesday morning and my heart sank!  I couldn't believe that the person that I grew to admire had passed away.  It just couldn't be.  I called my husband immediately!  I was in a funk all day and night!  What an impact!

And then it came to me......

I have to do this now.  I have to stop being afraid and go for it!  I'm going to do this in Mike's honor and I'm going to honor my promises!  My first day will be June 4 and I AM GOING TO TURN IN AN ENTRY PACKET!!!!

Thank you Mike Harris for inspiring me and so, so, so many others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We all love you!

Susie

'

• I, too, feel so incredibly SAD that Mike is no longer with us. He is constantly in my thoughts (and prayers).

I googled his name and found his book review of Body for Life.

Check it out here:

www.amazon.com/.../ref=cm_pdp_rev_more

• Susie -

Good for you!  I hope you have the best first day ever tomorrow.  And finish all 12 weeks STRONG!  and then TURN IN YOUR PACKET!

Nancy Jo

C1W1D3

• Susie I remember when that happened.  You CAN do this.  I can't wait for the day you turn in your packet.  I find myself often thinking of Mike and all of a sudden I just think I can't believe that wonderful man is gone.  He helped so many of us and inspired us to try to help others.  We will miss him terribly.

• Visit his home page on Facebook to get a feel for all the people he touched..and a message from Ruth

10's in exercise and nutrition = 10's in life

• Susie - You know I'm there if you need somebody to help you along.  Just call me up. :-)

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Susie~

You are being completely honest with yourself and that right there is very inspirational!!!!!  You are going to do fantastic I can feel it!  Mike would be very proud!!!  We are all here for each other to help each other and help ourselves!  You go girl!

Rachel

• Thank you Nancy Jo!  That means a lot to me!  I did make a goof.....I meant to say that Sunday, June 6 will be day one.  I looked at the calendar wrong.  Anyway, I am going to plan to succeed and do all my food prepping and shopping and start off strong.  Thanks again!  And here's to BFL Mike!

• You can tell I haven't been posting.  I thought that would go under Nancy Jo's post....hee-hee.  Anyway, I want to thank all of you....Stephanie, Sharon, Rachael, and Jeff.  I appreciate the support.  And Sharon, I know you are there and I am so glad!  I will call you!

• Yay Susie!  That revelation is what will make you succeed!  What an amazing impact he had on you - do him proud this challenge (all 12 weeks of it)!  It sounds like you need this and you want it, so you will succeed!  Best of luck as you begin your new journey!

runninggrl :)