Michael T Harris - BFL Champion - Rest in Peace

• As I said-it's all about informed decisions. We take a chance by receiving medical care, we take a chance eating an egg (many are allergic to eggs ;~) The amount of success we achieve when it comes to our health, has a great deal to do with risks we are willing to take to achieve it---whether it be in the gym, the foods we eat, or at the doctor's office.

Hang in there Kat~

~To be great is not to be higher than another, but to lift another higher. 

• Oh-FYI---If I ate  1/2 pineapple a day-I'd have to receive medical attention----I'd FOR SURE get a yeast infection due to the acidity change in my body. Seriously!

Smile Chris-that was supposed to informative AND funny!

~To be great is not to be higher than another, but to lift another higher. 

• This is for Kat.  I want to say thank you for the friend request, and I didn't want you to get the wrong idea when I didn't accept.  If I were going to continue visiting this board, I would have been happy to call you my friend.  However, the last few days on this thread is a perfect example of why I haven't been on this message board in the last 3 months or so - really not since about a month after Mike died.  I've always struggled with some of the attitudes and motives of people on the board.  In fact, I always marveled at the way Mike stayed level headed and never seemed to let it bother him.  I know from conversations with him, that it did bother him at times, but he always stayed above it, and continued the course.  My original response, to you concerning your foot, was to me anyway, simple and pretty vanilla really, because as I said, I wouldn't begin to tell anyone that I know exactly what someone like Mike might have said.  Chris Carey's response to my post, and the attitude of his response (noted by capitals and his "Mike had the balls" reference) really reinforced what I don't like or need about this message board.  Mike Harris had one motivation on this board - to help anyone and everyone who needed it, and who truly wanted to succeed, not only in BFL, but in life.  Sadly, I think there are far too many people out there right now who post for effect, and for how it makes them look, rather than for the benefit of others.  I have no desire to spend my time on stuff like that.  We're all human, and we're all entitled to our own opinions, that is simply mine.  The only thing that drew me back to this board in the first place, was that I had this thread marked to notify me when new posts were added.  I've corrected that oversight.

I wish you all, and that includes Chris, nothing but the best in life, health, and fitness.

Dave

• Dave, please don't be so touchy and easily offended. You're dealing with many personalities here and you'll always find good content that can be helpful so just ignore the stuff that rubs you the wrong way.

Mike talked about people playing the role of "victim" a lot and I hope you don't take that stance. Let it go.

I haven't been here since they changed the site (don't care for threaded forums too much) but I subscribed to this thread and that's the only reason I responded. I probably won't be posting here anymore.

I have personal reasons for my position on modern medicine and it probably bothers people that have chose the medical field as their occupation and I'm sorry about that. So, I'll just keep my thoughts private.

Kat, send me an email - Thanks!

Have a nice day everyone.

• I happened on this thread by chance. I was searching for him and found out of this great loss! I had the chance to meet him and Amy-Go Figure at a meeting they spoke at a local gym near Grand Rapids MI. He was very encouraging and helpful to me! He was a great man and will be missed!

Leggs

ps. Does anyone know the details of his death? I was unable to find it...

• Mike was such a beautiful man.  I've never known someone so giving.  He didn't judge anyone, just loved.  His style was direct, even harsh, but always with the best intention.  

I really need him these days.  

He went out for a bike ride and was found off trail.  He died likely from an aneurysm.  

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Leggs - Thanks for finding this.  I think we all need some more Mike in our lives. 

• Thanks for the info Jessica...just goes to show, no matter how healthy you are, and what kind of life that you live, when you're going to be called home...

• Mike lived a life where all of his accounts were settled so when he was called home there wasn't unfinished business.  It's something for me to think about today. 

Oh, it's funny I said he didn't judge anyone.  Mike was a judge by profession!

• I have read so many wonderful posts from Mike. He certainly is a B.F.L. legend!!

Thank you Jessica.

• From what I have read about Mike Harris as well as based on his website and posts, he was a man of character who had a great and very positive impact on the quality of life of others.  His writing and suggestions have inspired me and I am thankful for his many contributions.  

One Life, Live Accordingly

• Mike Harris lead me to some amazing women - gave me some inner strength and bravery and helped me get to my today. OMG I have done some crazy BFL "Im over 40andcandothis trips" all thanks to him and his "dare" in 2009. Mike Harris put a feather in my cap and it will not get removed now.

Be aware my friends of what you say, of what you preach, of who you admire and what you cheer for and applaud. Some people WILL take your advice and move forward with their goals.

BFLMike did some amazing things for this girl.

• I just came across this post almost a year later. I have greatly benefited from and enjoyed Mike's articles. He left a great legacy like every great soul does. May his soul rest in peace.

Courage isn't lack of fear. It's our ability to carry on despite our fear

• Thanks for bumping this, Ruby.  I loved Mike.  He has such a special place in my heart.  

• I'm missing Mike today.  He knew how to tell it like it was and to do so with genuine kindness (even if people didn't always appreciate it at the time).