Challenge #1, Week 12 COMPLETE! Pics Posted, DONE!

• Wow - what a 12 weeks! It actually went by so much faster than I expected. My body fat percentage didn't drop as much as I'd wanted, but I learned SOO much during my first challenge that will help me immensely during my next challenge. I expect even better results next time. But I'm still VERY happy with C1, and so is my girlfriend. ;-) Pics posted on my profile if you are curious.

For now, my goal is to maintain over the summer - follow the plan, though not on an official challenge so that I can enjoy our family vacations without freaking out about meals and workouts. Then I'l start challenge #2 in Sept.

Good luck all and thanks to everyone who lended support and advice on these boards.

-J

• GREAT JOB!!!  

• Fantastic results Spittdog!

Enjoy your AR/Maintenance over the summer AND your PERMAGRIN for doing so well. :)

• Congrats!  Awesome results!

runninggrl :)

• Nice work!!  Congrats on a job well done.  You look great!

Karol

• Congratulations!!! You did awesomely, keep up the results.

• well done

• Nice job, Spittdog!! Enjoy those vacations this summer and then get ready to kick it into gear come September! =)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Great job.....keep it up!!

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Fantastic Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep doing it - it's working.  :)

Cory
    Life IS Good
    Not in BFL challenge currently

• I have a question- I am beginning tomorrow. Read about your success at Challenge #1- does that mean you completed 12 weeks? What will challenge #2 be? How will it differ?

Were you  very strict at following the rules of the book?

thx, JA

• Thanks All. And Julie Ann - to answer you questions.... Yes, I completed in 12 weeks. The pics I posted are results from March 8 - May 30.

As for challenge #2, it will be much the same, except my goals will be slightly different and I will apply different principles that I learned during my first challenge. I will be looking to add more muscle and defintion in my next challenge.

I learned a lot during the first challenge - made mistakes that I won't make next time. For example, I was very strict during my challenge - I did not stray at all. I did not cheat, aside from maybe a shot of tequila on a bad day of work. :-) But I did go a little nuts on my free days. I won't overdo it on my free days next time around, I will probably just take a free meal instead of a full free day. What I found is that free days upset my stomach and probably slowed my progress.

I will also supplement correctly from the start and most importantly I will change up my workouts regularly - use more muscle confusion so that my body does not get used to the same excersizes. This is an important point that isnt really covered in the book (that I remember). I learned that I need to really mix things up to keep my muscles growing and body burning fat.

Next challenge will be even better than this one. Good luck with your challenge - it's tough but not really if you stay disciplined.

-J

• Spittdog -

GREAT RESULTS!! You should be very proud!  You did an awesome job!

Enjoy your summer.

Julie

• Great Job Spittdog!

Your pics look great!  Can't wait to be where you are!  There just can't be anything better than making such a huge improvement in your health and confidence and in knowing that you accomplished something that you've set out to do!   I want that and I plan to have it too!!!  :)

Gypsy

• Nice work Spittdog! And congratulations on setting a goal for your next Challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing your continued success!

"The achievement of one goal should be the starting point of another."  -Alexander Graham Bell