Negative feedback

• Getting a little tired of the negative feedback I get from some people regarding my attempt at getting healthier. I have gotten several "Why are you even doing this? You don't need it." comments from a few people at work. I get comments about not eating enough. My mom and my sister think that any kind of muscle definition= too skinny. Come on people, this is to IMPROVE my quality of life!! I know why I am doing this and have my wonderful husband's love and support as well as that of my 2 great kids. My daughter even asked how old she has to be to go with me to the gym (she's 10). It just gets old when you have to explain yourself to others that are not as supportive as you would like (yes, I know I owe no one an explanation!!). I think that when some people see others improving themselves, it makes them have to take a look at themselves and sometimes that is not a comfortable thing so it's easier to discount what the other person is doing. I will just continue to surround myself with supportive people and know that at the end of the day, I am the only one I have to be accountable to.

The only thing that can stop me. . . . . . . . . . is ME!!!!         JEN

• you are right. people hate to see the truth of their won lifes. alot of it could also be jealousy, because you are doing something, and have a goal and going to get it. keep up the good work/

• Stop explaining yourself! You don't need to explain anything to them. They can see your results when you are through and then make their opinions then. You are doing what YOU need to. You said it best.... go with it!

Stacy Lynn

• Ugh, been there done that hon.  "Don't get too skinny"........"You look fine why are you bothering"....."You workout too much"........."Are you eating again????".........."That's gross, why are you eating that"........"You're going to get bulky".......the list goes on.  My (admittedly un-scientific) observation is that it does often come from people who are unhappy with themselves.  The people who are secure in who they are and their size are your biggest cheerleaders.  

• Yup, everyone is right on the mark. I also believe it comes from jealousy because they see you doing something they WISH they had the will power to do. I get the same thing from the guys I work with. They're always poking fun at what I'm doing and attmpting to tease me about "getting shredded". "Ohhh look at Mike! He's trying to get shredded!!" and saying stupid crap like that.  But it's just jealousy because they're a bunch of fatties and I'm looking awesome. =)  So there! LOL!

Blow these people off and don't give them a second thought. You just keep eating clean and making yourself healthier and don't worry about what others say out of their own jealousy.

Mike

• Yes, Mike!! I get the same thing at work. The sarcasam here is relentless. I just figure in another month they'll be begging to know the name of the program I'm on.

Stacy Lynn

• Thanks for all the feedback!! And it is true, most of the negativity I have received is from those who could definitely stand to do some self reflection themselves. And there are those who have been asking what program I'm on. I have shared my book with several people at work already. I will just continue to be my own biggest cheerleader and watch their jaws drop when I'm done!!!

• And drop they will!!  In my last challenge everyone's attitude shifted when I was about 1/2 way through....THEN they wanted to know what I was doing and how they could start.

• Ermomof2: YOU GO GIRL!!

• I just tell people that I enjoy it and it's not an issue. They think I'm crazy and that's OK. But, if you try to defend it, they can sink holes through your logic. If you just say you enjoy it, there's nothing to argue about.

• You got it Ermomof2!

The folks around us will start to see us as "different" from them as we get healthier.  I really think this is on an unconscious level.  They also might be worrying unconsciously that you will judge them once you get fit.  Make sure that you continue to pay positive attention to these folks to assure them that you are not leaving them behind.  Eventually your good health habits might rub off on them.

• Whatever! We''ll see how much they talk when you are soooo much smokin' hotter than them LOL!

You are doing what is good for you. Again, I, too, think that is insecurity talking in other people. Keep it up!

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• James- I actually really enjoy sharing my BFL info with those that are interested (and even sometimes with those that aren't). I am one of those people that, if I am jazzed about something, everyone is going to hear about it. It's a wonder I am not in marketing!! And I really do hope that some of the people I have discussed this with will start their own journey. I am an ER nurse and really excited and interested in the whole wellness/ health field. I was just talking to my husband last night about possibly looking at other health and wellness opportunities in my free time (maybe training to become a personal trainer). I love to teach and love watching other people accomplish their goals. Self esteem is such a huge part of who we are and if I can find a way to increase someone else's, that makes me happy. I know that there are some who will continue to think I am crazy for doing this and that's ok. But if I can help someone else in the process of helping myself, that would be a bonus!!

• I agree with everything everyone has said here! Thankfully, I have not had to experience such negativity, but if I ever do, all I need to do is log on to this website for a dose of reality and like-minded individuals!

• I always knew that I was successful in my programs when certain people would say negative things to me.  Then I knew what I was doing was working!  Seems kind of ironic doesn't it.  I am not saying turn away from our family but it is important to surround yourself with people that will support you and not sabotage you!  Keep the faith.