Couples

• Hi everyone! My husband and I wanted to start a "couples" challenge on Jan. 6 but I noticed that on the online registration there is not a "couples" option. The other discrepancy that I found when looking at the downloadable BFL Kit it asks for more information than online. Does anyone know why that is, and should we just submit the paper format? 

• Yes, you just have to do it by hand for the couple's round. I don't know if this will change, but that's how it has been. My husband decided to do a challenge after me. We were going to do it together but then I had surgery so I just stuck to the diet and went the gym with him as a cheerleader :-D He sent in his own packet but I knew about the rules since that's what we wanted to do originally.  I don't know why it would ask for more info on paper, one reason I can guess is that its easier to get to know people when they participate in the forum, but I honestly don't know for sure. It could just be the packet they've used for a while and it hasn't been updated to be like the one you fill out online.

Good luck for starting together in January!!! It was a really great experience to share the lifestyle change with my husband. I was so afraid that it might become a wedge between us when I was on bed rest, but even with that we made an effort to still include each other and it made us even closer.

• Hey Good morning!  My wife and I did this 2 years ago and we are starting on Jan 6 too!  Jump on the calling all lifers for January 6 bodyforlife.com/.../7381.aspx.  

• Thanks for the info!!

I am sorry to hear about your surgery but that was awesome you stood by your husband like that! So are you both doing it again?

• Hey Andys14! From the looks of things you seem to be really active on the Forums, that's GREAT! I am good at reading but feel silly responding to people I do not know. lol My first time doing BFL was back in 1999 when I was in college. And you are right it is amazing! Now 35 lbs heavier and 2 kids later I am ready to do it again but this time with my husband! Since we have been married he has put on a few pounds and has been wanting to loose it; so I showed him BFL. For the most part everything is exactly like it was in 99'. Except some of the supplements have changed.

Does your wife chat on the forums too? Best of luck to you both!!

• Thanks!  No I am the computer geek, so she does not use the forums.  I have to motivate both of us to get us going, so I rely on the forum for inspiration and motivation.  I will be updating every week day on my progress and I think I need that to keep myself accountable and as therapy!  It looks like we have a great group starting on Monday!  I cant wait.  

Good luck to you two, cant wait to celebrate with you two at the finish line!!!

• Inquiring minds what to know, how are you doing on your couple's challenge?

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Good morning Jessica, I am not doing anything official on the BFL site.  We are both doing the challenge together.  I figured we are a couple and we are doing the challenge so we are doing the couples challenge   This is our second BFL challenge.

• Hi Jessica, so far so good! I love to cook and workout. So I do all the planning and just tell him what we are doing for the week. It makes it easy!

• I just wanted to congratulate you for doing this with your spouse. It is awesome to have that support.

• Getting healthy together is very powerful.  

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Hello everyone. Im starting on Sunday with my husband!  Having a toddler in the house can certainly limit time together as a couple so I really cant think of a better way to get  quality time and cheer each other on!!

• Hi there IWillGetFit! You are absolutely right! We have a 10 month old son and we have been so busy with him we kind of forgot about "us". This is one of the biggest reasons we are doing this together! To get healthy and have fun doing it together.  I look forward to hearing about your progress.