Supplements

• Looking at starting BFL Jan 6, 2014 in doing so, I’m also getting ready to compete in a marathon in May 2014, with sprint triathlon in August 2014.   I’m 177.8 cm ( 5’10”) 104.3 kg (230 lbs). I just completed my first half marathon this month as motivation to lose weight and get back to being active again. Now I would like to include a work out plan and I read BFL book. With so many different EA products I’m unsure what supplements would be best for me to use? Any help or suggestion appreciated.

• Crazy... let me share with you something Mike Harris (beloved BFL Champion) would say.  You can do a BFL Challenge.  You can train for a marathon.  You cannot do both.  They are two totally different physical training programs, and even the nutritional needs are different.  

As for supplements.... I would highly recommend Myoplex.  It's more a meal replacement than supplement.  What are your goals, to then zero in further as to what you may need?  I mean... I know your training goals, but is it a meal replacement you're seeking, or something to help with muscle soreness, or.... ?

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Jessica, I'm looking at food replacement, since I work 3rd shift. If I can include supplements for muscle recovery that would be great also

• This is a much tougher one to answer, given you are training for a marathon.  For someone doing purely the BFL plan, I would go with Myoplex + Betagen.  

EAS also offers Recovery Protein, which is 20g protein + 40g carb. I would suggest this to a male runner who is not looking to lose weight.  You lose so much glycogen during long runs that it's an appropriate meal replacement + muscle recovery supplement in one. 

Phos HP is 37g carb + creatine, which would then need to be added to a protein.  

I'm just not sure what EAS would recommend in this instance, which is why I recommend you call their experts at 1-800-297-9776.  

And please do let us know what they say.  I would be curious to know.  

• Oh, and Myoplex Strength comes bottled in convenient 1 time servings.  It's good for on the go.  

• ok, thanks for the help