A couple of planning questions

• Hey everybody!  I'm starting on my Challenge tomorrow (2 Dec), and I should be finishing just in time for Valentine's Day, my anniversary.

I had a couple of questions regarding exercise and nutrition.

With regards to exercise, is it a good idea to stand at work while on the program?  I fly a desk, and about a month ago I elevated my screens and keyboard in order to boost my metabolism.  I also work in a basement, but take the stairs to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors every chance I get (sometimes several times in a day).  Will this setup of standing and stairs affect my in-between workout recoveries?  Also, is it a good idea to keep the metabolism up by doing a set of push-ups or pull-ups or squats at the top of every hour?  Not enough to build muscle, but something active to keep the metabolism going.

Now for the nutrition question.  I work on a military base, and the chow hall makes made-to-order omelets for really, really cheap.  They use liquid eggs, or easy yolks if you want egg whites instead.  My question is this: would an omelet with ham, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, diced tomatoes paired with hashbrowns and two servings of cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon or grapes be a good breakfast?  The servings are pretty big, so I could just split the meal and have my first and second meals taken care of in one go.

Opinions?

Thanks.

• First, read the original BFL book and it will answer most of your questions.  The omlet is fine, but no cheese, no meat.  No hashbrowns.  Eat from the aproved foods list.  Standing and taking the stairs is great.  If you hit your 10's working out, no need for extra pushups, pullups, or squats.  Let your muscles recover.

Best of luck, you can do this!

• Cheeseless and Meatless for your omelets.  It's all processed meat on base anyways, so try to stay away from that.  Base meals are hard to work with because of their open times, but you can work it in with snacks big time!!  

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Thanks for the replies guys.  I'm currently reading the "Champions" book.  How is that different from the original BFL book?  Doesn't it include the same info as the original, but with motivational stories also?

• The original book goes into great detail explaining the why's behind pretty much everything in the program.  Also a very good Q&A section.  In my opinion it's a lot easier to follow the eating and workout routines when you understand why they are designed the way they are.  Should be able to find one cheap used on Amazon or Ebay.

• I found both books at goodwill for less than $1.....buy 4 books for $.99

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM