July 14th, 2013 - My day 1

• Sup peeps, 

So today was my day 1 on Body for Life. I've honestly owned the book for 10 years, maybe read a few pages, talk myself into wanting to do it, then I talk myself out of actually starting.

I'm currently at 215 pounds and hope to reach 190 or less by my wedding.

I originally was planning to just do cardio but just a couple days ago I came across my body for life book again, thought to myself 12 weeks brings it pretty close to my wedding, did the counting and  turns out by starting today, my last free day on the program, day 84 would be the day of my wedding. Figured if I was ever going to do this program now is the best time to do it. 

Was up at 4am, hit the gym by 4:20.  Was out an hour and a half later. I will get better at that hah.

Any who, wish me luck, well not luck, wish me all the motivation to keep this going for 83 more days hah. 

If anyone else started around my time and wants to help keep each other motivated let me know. Be great to do this with people.  

• WHOOHOO!!! way to go Labs!! congrats on deciding to start and beginning your adventures on a new life change!! This is so exciting that you will be a whole new person inside and out on your wedding day! what a way to celebrate amazing things going on in your life!

I am on day 22 today and I check here in the morning and before bed because it really keeps me focused and motivated! Hope to here from you often!

• Hey congrats on getting started today! I also get started today so I'll definitely check in with you.  I had a solid upper body workout and feeling very good about eating clean.  Have you planned out your meals?  The exercising is important but success for this program is dictated by how well you eat.

Best of luck to you!

• Thanks Juice_13 and Johnj7777. I'm very excited myself to see what transformations will take place over the next 12 weeks. Please do check in, its nice to share with the people doing the same thing you are hah.

I am eating clean, but sadly I only got 4 meals in yesterday. I also can't really plan what I'm going to eat prior. I work out in the oil fields and my food comes in buffet forum. I do have healthy choices but its not like I can plan a week a head or anything. Yesterday I was up at 4, hit the gym. It took me an hour and a half to get out of there. By the time I showered and went down for breakfast and to pack my lunch for the day it was 6:40. 6:45 was my first meal. Was egg whites, 3 small slices of watermelon and 1 piece of brown toast, nothing on it.

From there I start work at 7:30 and don't get my first break until 10:30. I had 6 hard boiled eggs, only ate the egg whites, a cup of grapes and a serving of veggies. Then my next break is at 2pm. I had salad with chopped up turkey, tomatoes, jalapeones and low fat ranch, also had a cup of fruit. We then get off work at 5:30 and I was in the dinning room for 5:45. I had a slice of turkey, a portion of rice and 1 scoop of mashed potatoes(I'll say no to them next time). I also only drank water that day. I wanted to fit in a 5th meal but I was passed out by like 8pm.

I really wanna get my 6 meals in but having issues trying to figure out how to do that with my work schedule. I don't want to eat first thing in the morning cuz thats when I work out and would like to have that hour after I hit the gym to let my body chew up the fat.

Any who, was in the gym again this morning. Was able to really hit the cardio hard. I was dead on with all intensity levels I had to be on. When I got to the 10 at the 18 min mark I was able to hold it for 30 secs then had to stand up on the bike and coast for 5 seconds. Then I went right back at it for the next 25. Going to push that further next time. Now that I have a mark to reach and top.

I'll be checking in as well twice or so a day, first thing in the morning and before I go to bed(if I don't pass out before hand).

I would like to pick up some supplements to help my shred the fat and bulk up. Also I think having a shake or 2 a day might help me reach my 6 meals. If anyone is able to suggest one or 2 shakes that would help a man at 5'11, 215 pounds start to work towards being under 10% body fat and be around 180/190 pounds that would be awesome. I'm going to start researching on my breaks at work.  

• Labs,

Congratulations on getting started. That is the actually a huge step. I just started the challenge today, July 15. I did the challenge back in 1998 and had amazing results, but for some reason didn't finish the full 12 weeks. I am determined to complete it this time.

Having an end date such as a wedding in mind is a great motivator. The thing that always kept me motivated was to tell myself I can have whatever it is I'm craving on my cheat day, so just to be patient. Drinking lots of water helps and of course the meal replacement shakes. They keep you full. It sounds like your off to a great start. Keep up the great work and don't quit. Just keep imaging you on your wedding day and how amazing you will look. It will be worth it! Plus usually after you're finished eating your healthy food, you usually feel satisfied. Good luck.

Angie

• Welcome Labs and Congratulations on making that first step to accept the BFL Challenge. We are all out here to help and advice you should you need us. Planning and patience will help too. Determination to continue even when it gets tough will get you through many rough spots you might encounter along the path. As Bill always said  Keep MOving Forward !!! Way to go on your decision to start on the way to better health and energy.

• Labs as someone that travels for worknow how difficult it can be to get your meals in and eat clean.  Shakes are a great way of getting your meals in and actually I've always like the myoplex shakes that EAS sells.  Don't confuse that with the myoplex whey protein which is just whey protein, you have to get the shakes which includes both protein and carbs.  

They aren't the most optimal food source but I use protein bars and carry some with me everywhere I go. They are individually packaged and easy to eat as a meal. I wouldn't eat more than 1-2 per day and like I said not a great substitute for real food but they work in the pinch. The worse thing you can do is miss meals and then end up gorging on food later because your body has gone into starvation mode so all things considered I think they are a good option if your schedule doesn't allow to run to the cafeteria.

@AFrankenfield- congrats on starting as well! This time around you know everything you need to do so I'm sure you'll be able to power through it! We are all rooting for you.

Hope you both are kicking butt out there.