Day 1 of Challenge! Wish me luck!

• Hello everyone!  I did the 12 week challenge about 4 years ago (casually- didn't take it quite as seriously as I could have, but still had amazing results!)  I have worked out some here and there and tried to eat well during the week (not so much on the weekends) since then.  I am now ready to look and feel the way I did when I was on the program!  I am so excited, and would love to communicate on these forums!  We have to keep each other motivated!!!  Looking forward to starting this journey again, and hearing from everyone!

• Hello Lindsey!! That is so awesome that you are going for a second challenge!! I love these forums and the online community it really does keep you motivated if you read a little bit in the morning or before bed! I am on day 15 and I really think this is a great program and so easy to follow never making you feel starved or like you have to do 3 hours of cardio everyday! I find I have to tell myself everyday "just trust the process" because I am not seeing immediate results even though my efforts are 100% but it took a while to get big so it will take a while to get small! Good luck!

• @Juice_13, hang in there!  I considered myself somewhat "fit" when I started my first challenge.  Around week 4, I started noticing muscle definition in my arms.  It wasn't until around week 9 that I dropped any weight at all, but it seemed to all come off that week!  I started noticing my legs were much more tone around that time as well.  So keep at it!  You will definitely start noticing some changes around the halfway point!  

• I am glad to here that you did this challenge before and it worked.  I just started the challenge yesterday for the first time and I am so looking forward to the results.  I am in this for the long haul.  I would love to be able to put on a bikini.  I also would love to shop for clothes without getting disgusted with how I look in the mirror.  I am looking to loose about 25 pounds.  I hope I can do that in the 12 weeks.  

• Hi Lindsey!  This is my day one, too!  I also did the challenge in the past and loved it.  I wish I knew why I got off track the last several years, but I am excited to be back to training and feeding my body properly.  I have no doubt that I will need at least 2 challenges to get myself where I'd like to be, but this time I'm going to focus on how great I feel and know that I'm in this for LIFE!

• Congratulations on your decision to try again .  I wish you the best and be sure to keep us updated on your progress in this challenge and ask for guidance and help as needed from all of us on the forum.  Keep Moving Forward!!!

• Thank you everyone for the kind words! @susaneyeager Depending on your body type, 25 pounds is possible.  But I would also recommend not focusing entirely on the number on the scale.  My first challenge, the scale number didn't budge until around week 9, but I could definitely notice a huge difference in my body!  And LOVED the muscle definition I had!  Don't be too hard on yourself!  In a few weeks, you'll be rewarding yourself with a shopping trip and feeling amazing!  @Ellen Marie I completely agree, and I love your positivity! @WPBill, thank you for the encouragement!  I will definitely keep you updated, and I hope you do the same!

• On day 3 , never did challenge before, was not sure how it works.  I took photos, did measurements, when do you turn all this in, ???? After you finish 12 weeks???  Also had doctor send medical blood and physical info.

• Greetings Sunset44,  Yes , keep all those facts and stats in a safe place and you will officially enter them , finally, electronically on line on or just after the last day of your challenge end date or when ever you sent inyour entry within the 15 day period after finishing per BFL rules. You can pre-enter them and edit as needed later on the Challenge dashboard in the registration area but can not submitt them until everything is finished at the end (before/after photo, stats , essay etc). The info from you doctor can help you with the essays and stats in the first part of the Challenge registration areas, as you will see on line here on the BFL website. BFL can help if you still have questions about the whole process involved. Keep Moving FOrward!!

• Glad to see I have company on Day 1...and lots of folks starting anew (along with those hanging in for the long term)!.  Looking forward to reading your successes!

• Day 1 here too.  Was almost embarrassed to tell people I was doing BFL because I've done soooo many other things to drop the weight but never seem to keep it off.  I half heartly decided to join the challenge with a friend until I took my before pics...Oh my gosh...no half hearted attempts at this point.  I knew I was getting out of control but until I actually saw a picture of how I let myself go it didn't seem real.  What a motivator!  I went on a camping trip this weekend and couldn't even go hiking with my grand-kids...I'm done with that kind of life!  My life is changing as of today!!!