Starting the Challenge on June 24th, 2013!

• Hello Everyone! I'm starting the challenge on Monday the 24th of June. I'm hoping to connect with some of you out there that have either done the challenge or are starting it as well. I'm an active duty Army officer that unfortunately is being medically released from the military due to health issues that have arrisen from my service in the Army. I'm hoping that this challenge will be a way for me to better myself before I'm released back into the civilian world. Looking forward to speaking with lots of you soon!!!

Justin Watson

• Starting On the 24th as well !!!!

• Hey, Justin! I'm Katie. I am also starting on Monday. Let's all buddy up (goodness knows I need all the help I can get)! lol What state are you in?

• Hello, Joe! :D

• I'm currently in Alaska. I am hoping to relocate back to the lower 48 soon though! I'd love to team up with everyone! My workout partner has already flaked out on me, and we haven't even started yet!! This is going to be a tough time, but I know that it will be worth it! Looking forward to seeing how everyone progresses over the next 12 weeks! I'll be posting my "before" pictures soon. Should be some good motivation to keep the workouts going!!!

• I will be starting tomorrow as well. I'm scared!!!  I have a lot of weight to lose and exercise has never been one of my favorite things to do in the past.  I am, however, very motivated and am very much looking forward to making progress. :)

• Justin, I started today as well.  I have completed the challenge once before (more than 10 years ago) and am excited to be back at it again.  Good luck with your challenge.

It is awesome to see everyone who is starting together today.  The challenge is not easy, or it wouldn't be called a challenge, but the results are amazing when you put in what you need to.  I think the biggest thing that kept me on track last time was journaling before bed and planning my day the next day.  I woke up not having many choices to make and started the day on the right foot.  I'm not a morning person so making my decisions in the evening made all the difference for me.  

I would love to hear how everyone's first day went!  

• Almost done with day 1!!! Had an amazing workout this morning that left me nearly unable to lift my arms enough to get dressed. I planned my meals last night and so far it's gone great! No urges to just sit and snack which is a huge change from my normal pattern. I'm sure that I'll be extremely sore tomorrow, but I think this will be worth it. They say that the first 4 weeks are the hardest, but if today's any indication of what's to come then I'm feeling extremely optimistic towards the next 12 weeks.

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone else is doing today. Joe and Katie, let me know how it went for you guys. Don't sweat it AZSkies. I also have a good amount of weight I need to shed. I'll do what I can to keep you motivated and moving through the challenge! Let me know if I can help anyone out! I know that having a motivated group is one of the things that will keep me going, so let the progress reports flow!!! I should be posting my before pictures either tonight or tomorrow. If that doesn't motivate me to keep moving, I don't know what will!!!!

• Great Job, Justin!  

My day one went great as well!  The most difficult thing for me is trying to find a meal for dinner that my husband and kids will eat as well.  I made a few modifications to my meal but still felt like I was eating with them, it was great.  Who knew that a little ranch dressing powder on a baked potato would replace the butter that I usually eat on it, it was pretty tasty!  I think as long as I keep journaling (already planned for tomorrow) and can find some decent recipes for dinner then this is going to be a bit easier than expected!

How did everyone else do today?  

• I'm glad your day went great too Zurbert! I also run into issues trying to make meals for my family when I'm watching what I eat. I have found a couple of great recipes that work for the whole family that are both healthy and quite tasty. If you are ever running low on good dinner ideas let me know and I'll happily email you some great recipes.

I've also uploaded my before pictures to my profile and challenge page. Now I have absolutely no choice but to work even harder to shed the pounds!!! Good luck everyone and have a great night!!!

• How is everyone doing?  

• Meals are easy for me...and I have adult children at home...so I have to hide my food sometimes...lol  When you have time, plan for the week.  I enjoy my chicken and any kind of fish.  Prepare them and your other carbs and fats and then freeze them all together as ready to eat meals..ha..R.E.M....stole that one from the military...lol.  Take them to work with your snacks and nuke and go.  Best thing to do on your rest day I think.  Well invested that way.  You can even get the little ones to help out and make mini versions for them now that it is Summer time.  What do you mean there is nothing to eat in this house...lol.  Solves that problem too!!

Steve

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• It's MRE (Meal Ready to Eat) in the military though Steve. :)  Great idea to prepare food on free days though...especially if you're tight for time during the week.

-Mike

• Great job on the meal planning everyone! Sorry I haven't been on here the last couple of days. I had an unexpected doctors appointment that had me driving from Fairbanks to Anchorage and back again over two days. Put a little bit of a kink in my workout schedule, but I'm back on track again!

I've learned that fresh squeezed lemon juice makes pretty awesome salad dressing!!! I actually find myself craving that instead of sweet/salty snacks. Still getting used to the no soda thing though. Still crave a nice cold Dr Pepper. But ice cold green tea with a wedge of lemon helps. Good news is the weekend is approaching as well as a free day! Week one is almost complete!!!

• Yes I know it's MRE...I just switched them around...lol.  I loved the old Sea Rations.  Found a case when I was at Camp Hanson, Okinawa.  I even had a John Wayne to open them with...Oh good times had by all....lol

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM