Starting May 20, 2013- who's with me??

• Hi All.. I am going to start my 12 challenge on Monday May 20.  In the last year I have lost 60+ pounds and have gotten to a respectable size.  I lost that weight mostly by changing my eating habits and doing very little exercise.. Mostly walking.. It is now time to lose that last 20 pounds, build muscle and re-shape my body.  I have done Body for Life before and have had great results.  I have made it maybe 8 weeks a couple times... But have never officially finished the whole 12 weeks.  this is a habit I tend to have... I start things and never finish them.  Well this time I am going to finish what I start.  I have lost the bulk of what I needed to lose, and now it's time to get serious.  Who's with me? 

• Hi, My name is Deb and I plan on starting this Monday as well.  I've tried BFL once before and had good luck with it and then life got in the way.  I'm hoping to get through all 12 weeks and beyond this time.  I have about 30 lbs to lose and really want to tone and re-shape my body as well.  Hate to admit it, but I tend to start things and not finish them as well, so maybe we can keep each other on track and not give up before the end!  Look forward to talking with you and anyone else that cares to join us.  Good luck!  

• I'm also starting on Monday. I have about 20 lbs to lose and have attempted the challenge a number of times, I'm a great one for starting something but rarely follow through. I've never joined one of these groups though, so I'm hoping we can keep each other going.

• hi I am new here too, I also want to start on May 20, but where is the work out and eating plan?

Do i have to buy the book? Thank u!!

• The book is helpful and thru the years I had

bought the BFL Success Journal that was

very helpful.  Up in the Library area there

Are a lot of tools including the eating and workout

Plans.  

It seems like we are all good starters and poor

Finishers.  Let's prove to ourselves this time that

we can finish something that we started.  

I just finished a 16 week weight loss challenge.

I used a facebook page to motivate and inspire

everyone in the challenge.  There were 8 of us and all

Total we lost over 200 pounds.  Mostly it was 6 of us

That did that.  Anyway now its time to get serious and

Really work my body out hard.  If any of you want

to join the Facebook page I created let me know and

I can add you.  It really helped.  Also what helped was

Accountability.  We had weekly weigh ins. Maybe we

Can do something to keep up the motivation. Any ideas?

• I'm in!!!

Although I am still in "good shape" since doing BFL over 10 years ago, I am ready to recommit to a strict program and take things back up to the next level.  "Good enough" is no longer good enough!

• I am starting, too! Also have a problem with finishing what I start...let's do this!

• Day 1-

Well my day did not get off to a very good start.  I was supposed to meet some friends for an early morning walk, but yay spring allergies hit me hard this morning.  Add to that my dog and husband snoring like crazy.. so I switched to my daughters room.. She is only 8, but man what a bed hog!  SO I ended up sleeping in the recliner most of the night.  Waking up with a sore body and a banging headache did not make me want to walk with my friends at all... I took a nap after my daughter went to school and I feel better now.  I have 3 hours to now get my upper body workout in before I need to pick her up.  I am going to work a bit now and then do it in about an hour.  I do love the upper body workout the most actually so it will be easy to get it done today.  :)

How did everyone else do today?  

• Hi! I started today as well. However, I set myself up for failure. I did okay today but nothing great. I work 11-7 which makes things very difficult. First fail was I did not get to the grocery store this weekend so I had no meal plans. I ended up eating only 4 meals (9:30, 1:30, 5:30 & 9). My ,eal choices were fine. I had egg whites, ground chicken formed into links, and strawberries for breakfast. ?First snack was an apple and 1 hard-boiled egg. Next meal was tuna, hard boiled egg, steamed cauliflower and broccolli. My last meal was rotisserie chicken (no skin), spinach, sunflower seeds, and ff cottage cheese.

I did make it to the park for some light cardio, but only got to walk about 10 minutes as it was about to storm. But! Some is better than nothing.

I failed on water intake as well as I only drank maybe 16 oz (ouch!)

My plan to do better tomorrow: make a meal plan tonight for tomorrow, drink lots of water, and be more aware of timing! I think I'll be doing upper body tomorrow :

• How is everyone doing?  I have done pretty well on the workouts.. My body is sore so I must be doing something right, huh?  

Eating is another story... It is really hard for me to eat that much food during the day.. I am just not hungry.  being on a diet for a year and losing 60 pounds has really made my appetite minimal.. Plus staying away from all processed food and eating clean fills you up more.. A smoothie in the morning after a workout can keep me full most of the day.  I hope everyone is hanging in there!  :)