Any April starters? Would love to talk to people who started around the same time I did!

• hi Deirdre

Yes, I have never worn a bikini in my whole life...even when I wasn't overweight (like I am now), but I think that that has a lot to do with my inner transformation :\

I can't wait to see how I look on July 5th. Here's hoping I can wear a bikini to my fourth of July cookout :D

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.

• Good Luck to us "hoping to be in a bikini by summer" BFL'ers!

Thank you everyone and I did post on Gather Here Faithful Thread! Talk to you all there!

Live   Love   Lift!

Dee :)

• Hey Deirdre!   I also started on April 12th.  I haven't taken any measurements or weighed myself since then.  I decided I was going to do that every 3 weeks.  I'm interested to see how that goes on Sunday morning!  I definitely notice major inner changes.  Definitely looking forward to being in a bikini by summer.  I live in south Florida so our "summer" is already here but I'm going to pretend bathing suit season doesn't start until July 5th  :-)

Glad to see there's someone else in the same week as me!!  Looking forward to hearing and seeing how we progress  :-D

• Hi JessicaAnn!

As of today I fluctuate between 3-4 lbs lost. But I feel good, proud of myself and very motivated!

I see your another "hope to be in a bikini by summer" girl! Good luck to us all!

It will be fun to help each other along! Let me know how Sun morning turns out!

Live   Love   Lift!

• Hey Deirdre,  Started on the 7th of April.  will be finishing the 4th week tomorrow.  I can see some changes but mostly I feel them inside.   Good luck on your journey.   jill

• Hello. I am on day 13... starting 3rd wk on Monday.. Yeahhh!!! so far Ive lost 5 lbs. and 2 and 1/4 inches. i have not lost alot but my hips and various area have slimmed down some... I definitely feel it inside and see some on the outside.. I am really looking forward to 4th week and 6th then 8th etc. I measure and weigh each week....How are you enjoying your 3rd week? I think its quite an adjustment... congrats on making it thus far!! Im sure youll go all the way.. what are you goals?

LIFE IS ONLY 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% HOW YOU REACT TO IT

• I am planning to start tomorrow need all the support i need..

• Hi Jillian64!

Does the 64 mean the year you were born? I was born in 64! I read somewhere that week 4 - 6 are the "Golden weeks"! Did you notice a difference in week 4? It's nice to know someone 1 step ahead of me! Good luck on your journey also!

Hi try2bfit75!

Sounds like you will have to change your name soon! Great progress! Weeks 1-3 were great for me & my husband. The only huge adjustment was getting up early but once were up, dressed and hit the play button on the IPOD we are good to go! The food is way better than all the diets we've tried! We both don't love the cardio day but it's only 20 min. I made a cassette tape with my voice announcing 15, 30 ,45 sec and then, 2nd set level 6 and so on so we can play the ipod along with the tape and not have to watch the clock!

My goal is to get back to my bride size (and maybe smaller!) and be fit and have lots of energy because my daughter and my 2 grandsons (2&4) will be moving back home with us for a while. (They live in FL and I live in NY, long story short, my daughter is finally getting out of a very bad marriage)

So, I weighed 143 and was a size 10 when I got married (10 yrs ago) and now I weigh 181 and I'm a size 14, so I have a ways to go! But I'm gonna get there!

Live   Love   Lift!

• Welcome schwan! This forum is a great place for support! Enjoy your 1st week! When I started I read all I could, and still do! Here is something that helped me, hope it helps you!

BFLMIKE’s POST ON WEIGHT GAIN IN THE FIRST FEW WEEKS!!!

1. Weight gain the first two to three weeks in spite of eating less and exercising is quite common, especially among scale-watching females.

The gain is usually a combination of bowel content weight from a higher than you are used to fiber content in your diet, plus some water retention that comes from a combination of dietary changes and rigorous exercise.

As you know, water weight is easy to both gain and lose, so just keep drinking plenty of pure water, up to a gallon a day, and you’ll soon see some adjustments there. In the meantime, stay off your scales and weigh just weekly at the same day of the week and same time of day. Don’t get hung up on the fat percentage function of your scales. It is essentially worthless!

2. To determine portion sizes for you and your mate, read page 73 of the eating for life book (which is what I assume you have) and it will tell you a bit, but don’t ever assume that a "serving size" in the book is the same thing as a portion size. You should probably be eating about 40% of each recipe you cook, and your mate 60% because all the recipes are a split between what a man and a woman need to maintain. So, if you are eating half of the recipe, one portion size, you will likely gain weight rather than lose it, and he will lose weight rather rapidly.

3. Keep in mind that changes in women take time and even though you think you may have gained some muscle already, I doubt that has happened in just two weeks. Keep at it and don’t add extra cardio or extra training. Be reasonable on free day, see what happens beginning about week 8, and you’ll do fine. If you would like to see a document that has the transformation stories of many ladies who wrote them on this guestbook, drop me a note and ask for the lady success document. Most of these ladies reported that they were just about ready to quit around 6 or so because they hadn’t seen any changes, and about week 8 things began to really change. Some even call it the 8 week miracle. It doesn’t happen to everyone, but reading it will keep you going I think.

NOTE; To get the "Ladies Success Document" - email  me (my address is on my bio page) - or go to www.mikeharris.org and look on the left hand column - lots more blogs there too!

FIRST 6 WEEKS OF THE CHALLENGE!

BFLMIKE

1. WEEK ONE: Confusion and stress are usually your first visitors if you’ve never done anything like this before. In fact, it’s best to visit the gym or get your home gym set up ahead of time and do some trials of the exercises. It’s also best to plan an entire two weeks’ worth of menus before you start, so you don’t find yourself running out in the middle of the night to buy authorized food. Stick to the proteins and carbs that are listed on page 83 of the book and you can’t go wrong. The next things you’ll experience in week one are soreness and sleeplessness. Soreness is natural initially, and unavoidable if you’re working hard. Don’t waste your money on pain relievers; they don’t work on it at all. Sleeplessness and headaches and lethargy are all first week experiences for most, and they are caused by the body trying to adapt to better foods, and also beginning to expel the junk that has built up in your body fat all along. Drink lots of water!

2. WEEK TWO: Soreness and the dietary adjustments may continue during the second week. But, you’ll also notice that the diet will begin to feel a bit more natural and the exercises will seem a bit easier. You should see a little bit of strength gain at the end of week 2. There will be some scale loss for men, but almost none for women, and no great noticeable changes in the mirror yet, except that your skin and eyes may look brighter and clearer.

3. WEEK THREE: You’ll be confidently doing the exercises by now, and the diet will seem almost normal tasting to you. Your taste buds will have adjusted from all the sweets, spicy foods, and salty stuff and the fresh foods and pure foods will taste good. Most men will begin to see some changes in the mirror at the end of this week and should be able to see more scales movement. Women might have lost as much as 3 to 5 pounds by now, though no weight loss at all or even a slight gain by the end of week three is not at all uncommon.

4. WEEK FOUR TO SIX: Weeks 4 through 6 are the golden weeks. You’ll find yourself feeling great–even exhilarated–which is a welcome change from the sleeplessness, aches and pains and sluggishness from weeks 1 through 3. The guys will see quickening weight loss and a visible change in the size of the old beer gut or love handles. Women will see some changes, but usually more modest in nature than the guy. So, if you are doing a couple’s challenge, be prepared for the uneven (don’t say "unfair" just yet) nature of your changes versus your husband’s situation.

Both men and women will see significant changes in strength and stamina. Sleep habits will settle down. The diet will begin to become almost second nature and the exercise and multiple meal events will become a regular and comfortable part of your life. Especially for women it is extremely important to continue to advance in your weight training goals, lifting to failure rather than simply walking through the exercise. Unless you strain to lift, and really do hit it hard, you are essentially wasting your time doing the strength training.

If you measure them at this point, you’ll likely see that blood pressure is lower; cholesterol and triglycerides are lower, and that resting pulse is lower. This is also the time, though, that small nagging injury or pain can gets worse. Be extremely careful about working sore joints such as knees and especially shoulders. If the shoulder joints are sore, don’t lift weights overhead. It is not worth it to develop a rotator cuff or neck problem at this point.

Be of good cheer! Stay the course. There are good things coming! Patience is needed, especially for women.

Live   Love   Lift!

• Hey Deirdre,  yes i was born in 64'   glad to meet you!!  About the progress.  I am not seeing alot of outward changes, but here are the changes that I have seen and others are seeing in me.  I do not have the horrible foot pain that I was having prior to the challenge I am not sure why since I don't think i have lost that much wieght yet, maybe I am not retaining as much water (feet pain is one of the reasons I started this challenge-because I work on my feet all day as I am a mail carrier)  this is a very good change!!  Also I am seeing in the mirror the shadow of my former face.  I liked the way it used to be (that is a bit conceited i know) and this new wider face does not look like me. So that I am seeing a little of my old self this too is very cool.  I am stronger  in my body and I move faster and have more energy which has improved my performence at work and at home (I have a 5 yr old , a husband , two older sons and an aging mother in law, a dog and a cat all at home) and I need all the energy I can get.  My sister, brother in law and mother all commented at different times last week that it looks like I am loosing weight, only sis knew I was working on it.  And when i put on an outfit for church I hadnt worn in a while (it had gotten a little tight) husband said (unsolicited) "wow you look really good today"  Its been a little while for that :)   Also best friend commented on my attitude the second week of the challenge said  "I am really happy for you!  I can see your attitude has changed you seem much happier

• Anyway  I hope that was helpful    I will keep you posted along the way if you would like.  I am especially looking forward to the 8th and 9th week.  Have a great week   jill

• Hi Deidre!  I started March 28, so I am beginning my sixth week.  I wanted to tell you that I went out and bought a black bikini that looks absolutely ridiculous on me and I would never wear it out of my house...except I'm hoping that one day it will actually show off my newly sculpted bod!  Things are going so well that I now fear it may be too big by the time I want to wear it......OH WELL.>>>>>>things could be worse, RIGHT????

I am 5'7" and started at 200lbs....I'm wavering between 188 and 190 right now....I also weigh frequently but don't get discouraged....I am just a need to know kind of girl......I like it to know that I've gained a few lbs because I've narrowed it down to early in the week after a free day and it always goes away by the end of the week.  I like to follow the patterns.

Anyway, I read your profile and you seem to share much of the same outlook as myself.  I hope to get to know you better throughout the challenge!  Good luck!

• Thanks jill64! Yes, please keep me posted! I love your positive attitude! Wow! Quite the busy home life! Just goes to show that there is no such thing as too busy, you just make time no matter what!

Hi CC! You just hang that pretty inspirational black bikini proudly where you see it often! I have a pair of size 12 jeans (baby steps, my goal is a 10 or maybe an 8 someday) that hang in my bedroom and I try them on every Sunday and this past Sunday I got them on & finally zipped! They are extremely tight but it's a little progress! I don't if I will have a bikini body by summer but I'm gonna give it my all! I can only come on here a couple times a week but yes, lets keep in touch with each others progress!!!

Have a great BFL week!

Dee

Live   Love   Lift!

• Hello,

I started April 26th, so far so good.  Just take one meal at a time and one workout at a time.

"If you mind can conceive, you can achieve it

• Hi Taylor! Welcome! What you said is pretty much it! And feel good and proud of what your doing for yourself! Keep in touch!

Live   Love   Lift!