May 14th2012 My BFL start date (first timer)

• Hello Monica,

Most of us that started last week are on on a FB page that was just created.  Look back through this thread and you'll find an email to request an invite to get on it.  You're only a week behind all of us so I'm sure it's not problem.  :)  

• Welcome Monica!

I just started a new job and they all bring in baked goods on Fridays!!  It was horrible!!  I had such a hard time.  I need to metnally  prepare for this Friday, I think.  I also went to Kentucky this past weekend.  I think I did pretty well, considering the circumstances.  I obviously couldnt do everything exactly right, but I made good choices and I still got some runing in.  I want this week to be soo much better.

I bought some tofu for the first time.  Any ideas?  I think I'll post  that one to the facebook page.

Week number Day1, week 2.  Lets start strong.

• Thank you! I'll look into the FB page as well.

@Janine- I'm also clueless about tofu. I actually bought a Indian flavored tofu with spices, but don't know what to do with it. Please let me know if you hear any good suggestions.....

• @Monica-  someone gave me some really great ideas on the facebook page.

It seems like most people find it easier to post on facebook, since we are all probably on it every day anyway.  I just wanted to formally say that I'll be doing my posting there from now on...at least until the end of this thing : )

• I thought I'd post something here today in case anyone is wondering what happened to our group.  I also thought it would be nice for anyone new or thinking about joining the challenge to read that it DOES work!

We are half way there and we are all still going strong.  We have a FB page where we all inspire and encourage each other.  Our 4 week pictures show amazing transformations already.  We have all learned over these weeks that the dreaded scale is NOT an indication of overall fitness.  It's best to put it away and not worry about those numbers. The proof is in the pictures.  My best piece of advice is to stay positive.  No matter how much weight you have to lose, it can happen!!