Just starting...Help/Encouragement Needed!!!

• Hi All!

I'm new to this whole BFL thing and was curious to what everybody's biggest struggles were and how you got through them. Also, what was your turning point in your life that made you decide to stick this out? I worked out this morning before work and I felt GREAT afterwards...so hopefully that feeling will keep me going :) I love looking at everybody's before and after pictures and seeing that wow...you looked exactly the same way I do now...if you can do it, I can do it :)

"...I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."

• Invictus is a good choice as a signature for this program :)

I can't say for others, and this is only my first challenge but I have found my biggest difficulty is keeping the faith that I will get results if I stick with it, even if I stall out in weight loss for 4+ weeks.  I kept getting discouraged with what I was seeing on the scale, in the mirror and on the calipers.  It just didn't seem like anything was budging for many weeks (4-8)  I wanted more results and FASTER but it takes patience to make a sustainable lifestyle change.   I have had some good results so far (week 10) but I think I had imagined something more drastic.  A lot of people do multiple challenges to get those awesome results and I will surely need to do the same.  Just promise yourself to see it to the 12 week mark and you will see improvements!  Focus on how you feel rather than how you look for at least the first 6+ weeks, watch your portions and keep with the workouts.  The time flies by, it really really does :). I will be posting my 10 week photos soon if you want to see how I've managed?  Good luck to you!!  

• Thanks Cookie :)

"...I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."

• I'm only in week 5, but the biggest challenge for me so far has been getting sick.  I missed a few workouts, then felt really weak when I went back, and it was really hard to get the motivation back up to where it had been when I could feel myself getting stronger each time.  But my forum buddies helped me get back on track :)

• I have a problem with emotional eating, so keeping that in check has been one of the hardest things to deal with. However, I have found that sticking to the 6 meals a day with equal portions of protein, carbs, and veggies has kept my cravings/urges under control. I still have my days where I don't feel like cooking something healthy and end up eating something not so great, but it's been a lot easier to pick up and keep going rather than quitting.

Also, I too like CookieFleck, was hoping to see a bigger change at the beginning. I'm currently in my 4th week and haven't lost any weight, but have lost some inches. I'm also seeing my strength and endurance levels rising which is encouraging, but I'd really like to see that scale move some. I've just got to keep reminding myself that I'm taking steps in the right direction and feel great every time I eat healthy or workout.

Check out my blog! LivingOnMacros.wordpress.com

If it were easy, everyone would do it.