Get in Summer Shape! April 9- July 1st!

• Well, Day 1 is done and over.  Had a good upper body workout.  My arms were shaking too Amy!!  LOL.

The eating part seemed hard at first because I wasn't very hungry for my mid-morning snack but ate it anyway.  I had a Chicken Breast Salad for lunch and forgot to add a carb so I was kind of hungry afterwards since I worked out...  I'll get the hang of it.

@Mully30 & ncogneato - Welcome!!  the more the merrier!!!!  You can never have too much encouragment.

@ run4life - trust me...  We will be helping each other in the taste bud department.  I'm starting off well now but who knows how I'll be a week or two from now.....  

@ Crawfish - Sorry to hear about your bad nights sleep.  I know it's always hard to stay on top of things w/out enough sleep!!  But, you should be very proud of yourslef for still getting in your workout!  Great Job!!

Hope everyone has a great Day 2!!!!!!!!!!!  

~Jen

• Hey everyone!!! Hope everyone is having a great day.  I completed my first day rather successfully   The eating was great, but I think I was a bit protein light.  Today I will be adding more protein.  During my “off week”, I had cut back on protein intake because I wasn’t lifting as much.  But now that I am back to lifting, I will be back to eating the meat!  Did LBWO last night.  OMG was it amazing.  Its kinda funny bc I got onto the leg extension machine and I thought I had ripped something because my quads were popping out.  Then I realized that no, that was just my super strong muscly leg!!!  I was so proud of myself   Tonight I will be running.  Goal is to running 2 miles in 20 minutes with some sprints.  Lets see how that goes   Must say the eating plan is super easy now that I am on my C2.  Its like second nature!

@Jen: What is your meal plan?  PM me and we can chat food.  The eating will seem hard at first because you feel like you are eating all the time. The key is to make sure that you are not eating too much at each meal.  Anywhoo PM me and we can chat more if you like.

@Crawfish: You can do this!  I have borderline RLS that kicks in when I sit to watch TV.  What I do know is that I just stand up and march in place.  HAHA.  Hopefully I can burn more calories.

@ncog: I love the twitching and shaking!! Always a sign of a good workout :P

Alrighty everyone have a great day…

Off to post at the other two places LOL!!!

~Natalie  

• First day went great! The eating really is a breeze since I've been following a fairly strict diet for the last 9 months  (food allergies!!). I am having a hard time getting 6 meals in, but can easily manage 5.

Heading to the gym in a few to get my cardio in. I actually found out that one of the girls I go to school with is also doing body for life. She is about 6 weeks in and has lost an amazing 15lbs, she gave me a lot of good pointers and on days we have breaks in between classes we are going to start working out together.  I probably looked like a lost puppy in this HUGE gym trying to figure out what machines to use. I wanted to hit the free weights but was a little intimidated by the 20 or so MASSIVE guys over there. On days I want to use free weights I'm going to start going to a less busy location.

Day 2 has gone well, classes ran long so I ate lunch on the go but luckily I'm pretty familiar with places that are legal.

Quick question, I'm a PCT and in Nursing school so 2-3 times a week I'm pulling 12 hour shifts and on my feet the entire time. Any suggestions for those days? Previously  I haven't been working out on days that I work or have clinical s but I don't know if I can get away with that with Body For Life.  Anyone else work a physically demanding job while working out fairly intensely? I'm a little nervous that I'm going to be a dead woman walking, any supps I can take to help with energy (I also have 3 kids!! I Must be insane!)?

Thanks everyone, hope ya'll are having a great day!

Bethany

• @ NatalieCA and jnjmartin:  Thank you so much for the words of encouragement :-)   I needed them. Slept much better last night. My RLS began about 28 yrs ago and is no longer just in my legs but also my lower back. I take the generic for Requip.

Got my workout done and have done well with my eating. I love pouring one of the small cartons of strawberry EAS Carb Control RTD Protein drinks into my blender and adding frozen strawberries. I like adding yogurt too but I usually don't want anything that thick to drink. I should try mixing that and freezing it.

Hope you all have a great evening :-)

ENJOY the process!!! Know that this takes time, Just be committed to doing your best EACH DAY

• Hello Day 3!!!

Well, yesterday I had to host a Job Fair so I wasn't able to get my zumba in for my cardio so I did the 20 min. workout on the treadmill at home..........  WOW!!!!!  My face was almost purple when I was done...  Great workout but hard!  Felt good though when I was done.

@ Natalie - If I can figure out how to PM you I certainly will.   i would love to exchange food ideas.  I'm afraid I may be stuck in rut w/ the food and get bored with it....  My husband did this before and has been super helpful.

@ Bethany - that's terrific that you founds someone to workout with!!  I know that's always a boost!!  I dont have as gruelling of a job as you but I do work 40+ hours a wk and I have two kids... (that's work by itself).  Have you thought about bringing some free weights w/ you to work and trying to sneek in a workout whenever you get a break?  I know it must be tough.  I bought some vitamin/supplement packs from GNC when I started and they seem to really help w/ the energy.  They are called Women's Ultra Mega Active.  I noticed a difference the very first day! :)

@ Crawfish - You are so welcome!! That's what we are all here for!!!  To keep each other encouraged and motivated!!  And, like you say....  to be committed to do your BEST each day is all we can ask for!

Off to the gym here in a bit to do lower body....  Kinda dreding the squats & lunges... LOL.

Have a great day everyone!

• Before I started B4L I purchased the CDs and listened to them on my way to see my folks in south MS. The CDs inspired me and they also stated that the workouts can be interchangeable just as long as I get in the 3 cardio days and the 3 weight days. So due to my schedule I do cardio on Mon Fri and Sat mornings and weights on Tues Wed and Thurs, alternating upper and lower of course. If any of you have not listened to the audios I would recommend them.

Yesterday I did my upper body workout, a bit sore today, and today I did my lower body workout. I have done well with my eating. I declined chips with lunch and it was easier than I thought. I had a small orange instead. This afternoon I mixed one carton RTD Vanilla (what I had), Dark Cocoa, a small banana, 1/2 C nonfat greek yogurt and 2 pkts splenda in my blender. It made 2 glass fulls, so I gave one to the hubby.

ENJOY the process!!! Know that this takes time, Just be committed to doing your best EACH DAY

• April 10th was my start date, close enough though!  I can't wait for the 4th of July!

• @ reinventingmyself1 - Welcome!!!  I can't wait for July either!!!  My goal for this is to be able to put on a sundress and look good by my birthday which is July 12th!!

Well today I am SUPER SORE!!!  I did lower body and I can barely walk today.  Doing the cardio at lunch time today and it should be interesting....

breakfast was a GNC Lean Body25 Vanilla protein shake w/ Light Soy Milk and frozen fruit.  Snack is coming up and will be some low-fat cottage cheese and non-fat yogurt.  Yum!!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!!

~Jen

• By the way.....  Where are all the other people who started posting on Monday???

Would love to hear how everyone else has been doing their 1st week....

• @jnjmartin - My update to my C2

Started on Sun the 8th.

Creeped up on me so I am not as prepared with plannign as I was on C1...

...I know to be successful I need to improve that...

...so I just want to survive week 1 then do better fro mthere.

My exercise room at home is torn up so the first three days for me was all cardio Elliptical...run...elliptical...

...yesterday I was able to do some LBWO...in the torn up exercise room...it was more like obstacle weight lifting.

Cardio today and then putting the exercise room back together for lifting at the end of the week including on my free day to get back aligned with my planned workout schedule.

eating wise - had a celebratory donut on day 1 and 2.

At least the pressure is now off me with ruining my perfect clean eating streak…lol

Actually, all kidding aside, I need to definitely do better here. I know it is my weakness for the whole program and I know that nutrition is 80% of it. Cannot exercise your way out of a poor diet!

So, I will try to be clean from here on out...OK, someone please scold me for the poor eating start!

BE strong group...on the back half of week one!

I am not going to tell you that it will be easy ... I am going to tell you that it will be worth it!

• @ run4life- please send me all your doughnuts...I will keep them safe until the beginning of July. Oops, am I drooling?..

• Thanks BobbyA ... I think for the next 11 weeks I will just write myself doughnut I.O.U.s who knows perhaps by then I'll want to use those IOUs to add to my weight collection...just sayin'

all the best to you for now...

I am not going to tell you that it will be easy ... I am going to tell you that it will be worth it!

• ENJOY the process!!! Know that this takes time, Just be committed to doing your best EACH DAY

• Chocolate is kinda like a little devil on my shoulder. I am thankful there are chocolate protein drinks.

• Awesome Crawfish...I think you are right. You just need to find the substitute!