Starting 2/6: I,m a 43 yr old mom, ex-collegiate athlete, and DETERMINED to fight the "voices"!

• This is the first time I have ever repied to or posted ANYTHING online!  No facebook. . .no blog. . .no Twitter. I started a BFL challenge in Oct 2000 with a friend who inspired me with her success. I was 33 years old, four yrs married, and a three yr old daughter in tow. I began the challenge MORTIFIED by the reality that I was heavier three years AFTER delivering our daughter, than the day before her birth.  At 5 ft. 10 in. tall I weighed in at 241 lbs and 3? % of body fat. I was disgusted to say the least.  By week 8 I was down 11 lbs and 6% body fat.  We wanted another child and had been trying for 2 years.  While working out one morning, I said to my friend, "Watch, Daph, now that I've found some success, I'll get pregnant!" Two weeks later I mentioned feeling "a little bit nautios all the time".  Our son was born one week after 9/11. 

I am 43 and 275 lbs or so (will input exact weight on Day 1).  I won't waste time with the gorry details about the DOZENS of attempts at losing the post SECOND baby fat.  I deivered him at 269 and thought, "At least I only gained 39 lbs with this one!" A seemingly far cry from the 70+ lbs I had gained with my first pregnancy.  My children have never known the strong, lean, determined collegiate volleyball player I was before our marriage.  And my sweet husband hasn't seen her since we were dating and two months after our wedding.  We were parents before our first anniversary.  I just recently remembered, and dared to hope, that after trying everything ELSE out there to feel like the athlete that I thought I was, that MAYBE BFL really COULD be the answer. . .again.  The repetative failures have only assited the self-feedback that this is . . . ." just my lot in life".  I am determined to change the voices that keep me bound in this body. . .as well as this mind! 

• Hey Kath 43,

Congrats on your first online post!   That is exciting to me but I am a geekā€¦  

Congratulations on your commitment to the BFL next week!  I just started Monday this week, and cant wait to hear your progress!  I am very excited to be part of this body transformation and cant wait for the personal results.  My wife and I are tackling this together, we also have 2 kids, both have full time jobs, in fact my wife and I own our business, so we are doing the early shift.  So far this week we have been at the gym door at 5AM to knock out our workout.  

You CAN do it!  Best of luck next week!

• Hello there Kath 43. Diets stink. I've done a bunch too. BFL is a lifestyle change that if you can stick with after the first couple of weeks I think you will love.  I'm excited you decided to post. I don't blog or do any of that stuff either but figured if I did while doing BFL it would help me stay honest with myself and focused.  I'm excited to hear how your first week goes. Please keep posting. It's going to be an awesome adventure.

"Never give up. Never Surrender."

• HI Kath43! You should be proud, stepping back in the ring like this. I am starting on 2/6 also, we will be classmates, good luck to us both!!!

• Hi to all of you.  I'm so excited by this thread.  I'm starting on 2-5 and we can all journey together.  I did BFL back in 2001.  I had great success with it but find that I am now almost where I was when I started.  Time to get serious again.  I do have a question for you, or anyone that can answer.  Back in 01 I used a supplement called Phen Free on cardio days.  It was a fat burner supported by BFL.  I've been unable to find it and I'm wondering if there is anything similar that BFL ers use.  I have my Betagen, myoplex lites and I'm ready to roll.  Good luck to all of us!!!!!

• All the best on your fitness journey.....you can do this!!

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"