The First Monday of the New Year 2012...

• Good Luck Tyler!! I finished the challenge 12 yrs ago. I found my 12 week picture in my Eating for Life Cookbook while unpacking after a move and I was shocked by how fit I was. I am embarking on a new career at the age of 60 and I need to be strong and full of vitality for this next phase of my life. Starting the challenge on 2/1 as a competitor but starting today at turning my life around with a focus!!!

• wenfit, yes of course your body is different from that of a 20yr old but...........you can be the best possible 52 yr old!! i first did this challenge when i was 48 and i got beyond my wildest dreams. i am now 60 and not ready to accept what others call the natural aging process. kick some butt and take names later!!

• I'm starting my second challenge on January 2, 2012. I've been active on another thread with a few others who are also planning on starting then. We just finished C1 on christmas day.  I'll have to ask them if they want to jump over here where the big party is happenin' ... I'll let you know.

Thanks for inviting everyone and it sounds like this is going to be a great, active place full of friends who encourage each other and enjoy the process.

• just took a phone call from my daughter up in boston and in that conversation where i told her i was going to do body for life again i decided not to wait until 2/1. why wait for something that you know is right....right now. so 1/2 here i come. my daughter remembers how great the results were of my first challenge and also knows how empowered i felt. we can do this! for our selves and for whoever we can inspire!

• Hi all!  I will be restarting on January 2nd as well.  I started on November 7th and was doing really well. Then out of the blue, my entire world fell apart - as my BFL friends on "We're All In - 11/7/11" can attest to.  So, rather than continue my initial challenge with a couple week break, I am going to start over on Monday.  I have been pretty good about sticking with the meals and healthy foods even through this emotional roller coaster.  That was a sign to me that I have begun to make those changes necessary for this to be a life style change.

Like many of you, I have more weight to lose than I think is healthy in one challenge.  I will likely complete 2 or maybe even 3 back to back.  In the first 6 weeks of my challenge, I did lose 12 pounds as well as inches all over.  The program works!  I have kept off 8-9 of those pounds and look forward to diving right back in.

I am excited to share this journey with all of you.  Happy New Year and good luck with Day 1!

• watch out world here we come!!

• You can do it, Tyler!  I am also starting Jan. 2nd.  I've completed 2 challenges in the past (2001 and 2004) and have followed the BFL program, on and off, since then.  I have gradually gained the 10 pounds I lost in the 2004 challenge during that time.  At 57, I keep telling myself it's okay because I am "older".  But, it's not okay because I know I can do and be better, even at my age.  What finally got me to make a commitment for a 3rd challenge was when I realized that no one or no thing in my life brings me as much happiness as being true to myself and who I really want to be.  I want to be in the best shape of my life.   In that state of heart and mind, I feel I have a lot to give to others.  I can hardly wait for Monday!  We can all do this!  

• Happy Friday everyone! Getting so excited. I will be right there with you all come Monday morning when I start my FIRST challenge!

I am so glad I found you guys. It's comforting to know you're out there. I can tell you right now I am going to be leaning hard on this forum to get me through. One day at a time.....

I've got to go plan meals! Happy New Year Everyone.

• Hi all, I'm starting tomorrow, 1st Jan 2012 in New Zealand :)

I've just turned 39 and am struggling to contain my weight with an autoimmune disease. I have a gym membership (unused for 6 months) and a ton of committment. I'm going to try and get my partner to do it too, far easier to cook one meal than two!

I'm also going to blog, probably weekly updates to keep me honest to myself.

I look forward to seeing the progress everyone is making, learning from you all and sharing our experiences.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Good posting Tyler! we're all in with you. I'm doing  a practice round to see if I understand everything. Then Tomarrow (saturday) is my free day. Starting sunday jan 1. Good luck to all of you. It's nice to see alot of us starting. We'll all drop the pounds together. AWESOME!

• I was so waiting for someone to start this up! LOL

I am in and ready to start January 2, 2012. I am under the weather but I'm not letting it stop me!

I've planned my meals for a month but have made a grocery list for the next two weeks and will be buying and preparing all my meals for the next week, tomorrow. The family doesn't know it yet, but they will be going on the plan too! I don't care if they pout, cry or scream about what I prepare. I'm only cooking one dinner, bfl and it's what they will be eating! LOL

Wenfit, I am 48 years old and know my body is different from my younger days but I'm not letting it stop me!

• Good luck! I am on day 20 and started for reasons very similar to yours... We deserve to have the lives we dream of!

One thing I wish I had done prior to starting is creating a 'motivation strategy'... Taking the time to write out what I am going to do when I feel discouraged or unmotivated, and writing a list of positive affirmations I am going to tell myself when things get tricky has helped me a lot. I even wrote a letter to my future self/body and told myself how excited I was to finally get to meet it!

You deserve this!

• Hey Tyler- good luck to you buddy, you can do this! Stay positive, patient, and focused. My lack of patience and love of food have always been my downfall in the past. But I discovered that I can really enjoy the foods I eat and still lose weight. And I've accepted that I'm not going to lose 50 pounds of fat in a week, so you just have to be persistent, and know that as long as you continue eating healthier foods and exercising, the fat will come off. And I can tell just by looking at your before picture that you'll be friggin' ripped by the end of your 12-weeks. If I can do this- an obese compulsive overeater- anyone can do this! Once you change your eating & activity patterns (which took me about 1-2 weeks), being on this program will be something you may not even think about anymore; It'll be something you just do. And it feels AMAZING getting in shape, getting healthy, and knowing you've taken control over something you thought you were powerless over. I started on 12/2/11 (I'm not officially doing the BFL contest), but I'd like to join this thread for support. The main reasons I'm doing this are: 1) Prediabetes, 2) Hypertension, 3) Sick of being overweight and the negative self image it creates. Lets all make 2012 the year we take control of our health! It's up to us.

• Can anyone tell me how you start a thread or blog? I'd like to record my journey

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • To that I would like to know how I get to where I fill out my biography and download a picture?