SEPTEMBER 1 START

• Welcome! I find that the committment part, and i mean truly committing..is the hardest for me. After that is done its really just details and planning.

Everyone enjoy the holiday! l

• I have a suggestion for the Greek yogurt.  A friend of mine gave it to me & it makes the yogurt a little more filling.  1 Greek yogurt, 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds or sliced almonds, 1 tsp flax seed, 1 tsp oat bran, 1 Tbsp cranberries.

• I am starting the 2cd and I am 58.This i want to finish! So i am with you!

• What is BFLs take on diet soda?  Anyone know?  Welcome bobthe3rd!

• Thanks for the suggestion Terrim. I know Dr. Dukan (of the Dukan diet) raves about oat bran.

• I'm not sure the official view but I know that I feel better when I give up diet coke. I've been sliding recently so now that I'm watching my food again, I plan to majorly cut back.

• It's tough because I've heard over & over again that it's bad for you but I am so addicted.  I gave it up once for about 3 months & didn't feel a thing one way or the other.  I'm trying to lay off being on the plan :)

• Good Morning~

I'd like to join your thread, if I could.  I started BFL yesterday and did my lower body workout.  My legs are definitely feeling it.

I have the book "Transformation" by Bill Phillips and believe that this time I will TRANSFORM!

My before pics were taken on Sunday afternoon and OMG I can't believe how much I have let myself go.  The worst one (my back side) is hanging on my fridge so I see it everytime I open the door.  Today is cardio for me and I will get on my treadmill after work tonight.

I wish each of you the very best and together WE CAN DO THIS!!

TeriP

• TeriP and Others, I started my challenge on Sunday the 4th. I have completed 2 before and has been about 18 months since C2 ended. I agree, together we can do this. Day 84 seems so far away but it does get easier as time goes along. I PROMISE. As far as Diet Coke goes. Not sure but let me tell you my personal story. I used to drink about 10 2 liter bottles of Diet Soda a week. I slept like crap. Before I started BFL I decided ti ween myself off of the diet stuff. It has been well over 3 years and I do not miss it at all. I sleep 10000% better and get less headaches. You will go through a withdrawal period when you start cutting back but that is ok. Slowly cut back what you drink. It takes 21 days to break a bad habit. It can be done. You can do it if I can. You must drink a lot of water, and I mean a lot of water. Divide your body weight by 2 and that is how many ounces you need to drink per day. You dring a lot of water instead of Diet Coke ane you will be off it in no time.

"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today"

• i HAVE KNOW IDEA IF I m doing this right as far as the computer goes! of course u can join. I feel the same way as u do. I look at my pics and say who the hellm is that! for some strange reason i have confidence i can finish this time,even if i get off track. but u are right WE CAN DO THIS,ALL OF US.                  BOB F

• Started 9/5/2011...Single mother of four also 19mos-13yo...I know the feeling.  But imagine the joy you will get from being able to run around with the kids like you are their age -  well in too the future,  also teaching them good diet and exercise habits...WE WILL DO THIS!

• Good Morning All ~

I did get on my treadmill last night and did 30 minutes.  My legs are still aching ~ but it's a good ache!

Food intake for yesterday was fair at best.  I didn't get in 6 meals and my dinner last night certainly wasn't the best ~ PB&J with Rice Crisps.

Today is upper body so I can give my legs a rest.  Should be able to get to the gym around 6.

Have a GREAT Day...

TeriP

• UPDATE--Day 7 check in--

GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE CLOSING IN ON THEIR FIRST WEEK!!

lbs lost: 1.5

(this is one of those ridiculous numbers that changes daily, but by gum, it's 1.5 on my check-in day so I'm taking it!)

Inches lost: 2  (.5 from hips/abs/navel/waist--all else the same)

(again, too small to say it's anything but water, but again, I'll take it)

Ultimate Goal: 15 pounds lost, 15 inches lost

Intangibles: I feel honestly great. Good energy and very positive, even though I am surprised I haven't lost more weight given that I'm not drinking/eating the way I used to. Ah, well.

Other Notes: I am surprised at my intake of calories, which seems low (1300-1500 net, usually, I started using a calorie counter app and I'm surprised that I'm not eating more, but if I'm not hungry...), but otherwise, I'm good. I'm trying to avoid restaurants or at the very least go to the website before hand to get nutrition information. I'm eating very simply (because otherwise it takes too darn much time), and averaging 5 meals a day (breakfast/snack/lunch/snack/dinner).

Onward!

• Did my upper body tonight and also did the recumbent bike for about 20 minutes.  I need to give my legs a rest!

Still not eating my 6 meals yet ~ but I will get there.

• I've enjoyed reading everybody's  posts. It feels good to be prioritizing myself again. I'm still nibbling a little too much but I'm making healthier choices about what I nibble.

Dr. Peeke's version of BFL only recommends 5 meals so maybe you shouldn't worry if you don't fit in meal 6