August 15th Starters!!!

• Started today.

7:00 am upper body workout.

It's 2:30 and I am hungry enough to eat my keyboard.

I have done this before and I know that it will get easier, but these first two weeks can be tuff.

Good luck everyone.

• lol.. I would say that too.. but my keyboard hasn't been cleaned in a couple weeks  :)

Every day is a struggle. Make today's count!

http://nomorefatass.blogspot.com/

• Starting today.  I made a new 12 week chart to follow our progress. I did a complete challenge at the beginning of the year with ok results. Went from 280 to 249. Been trying to get going again with mixed results. Been keeping the diet about 75% and workouts off and on. Waiting for my wife to get home so we can workout. Good luck to all.

• Glad to see most of you are having a good first day.  I've done pretty well on my eating plan, but woke up late (on my first day), so I'll be working out tonight after the kids are in bed.  

I would also like to know what everyone's favorite protein bars are.  Thanks!

• I typed carb in the search box and read some threads as I have a small carb phobia!  I am going to stick with a balance of approx 150 grams protein and roughly the same in carbs.  There are a few on line calorie counters (I believe they do nutritional value as well) Sparkpeople - My Calorie Counter.  Just google "calorie counter" and I am sure they will pop up.  I have a program called Dietpower that I paid for.  I think it was $30 and I prefer it to the others for ease of use.

I am in control!

Nothing tastes as good as being skinnier feels!

• I use the "MyFitnessPal" app for tracking nutritional values... love it.  It comes complete with a barcode scanner, which makes tracking that much easier.

I'm guessing that most of us are working out upper body today... I took mine straight from the book, but would love hear how we all start changing it up as time goes on...

Dumbbell Bench Press / Dumbbell Flys

Side Raises / Bent Over Raises

Dumbbell Rows / Dumbbell Pullovers

Dumbbell Extensions / Benchdips

Dumbbell Curls / Hammer Curls

• I started today!!!  :))  yayay!  I'm blogging my progress!!

• I have a question for how much you are all working out?  I am doing the schedule from the book 45 weights, 20 aerobic, etc. every other day.  But how much extra on that do I need to work out?

• Successful 1st day with food but I feel like I ate all day lol.  Ready for an upper body workout in the AM.  Did aerobic stuff today so I could wake up!

I am in control!

• Aubree - I am not sure how much extra u need to do.  If you read the book they say that what is in there is enough.  I personally need to do a little bit of aerobic stuff everyday just to get my "glow on".

I am in control!

• It's good to know it will get easier! I was starving for most of the day.

• I feel like 20 minutes of cardio is waaaaay too little, and am having a hard time not doing more than that. However, I've decided to stick to the book as much as I possibly can so I'm going to resist doing more. We'll see what happens. =)

• Is it too late to join your thread?  I've been him/hawing around with myself for too long.  I know I can do this but  I need support and motivation.  I'd really like to be a part of your group and start transforming my body and my life....for good :)

• I always do at least 10 mins of cardio before I do weights . Just makes my workouts feel more productive.

• Has anyone been able to download the challenge kit? I was able get the entry kit but the challenge kit won't download. If anyone has it can u email it to me at sjroberts2003@msn.com