August 15th Starters!!!

• 5am Upper Body workout done!!!

This is going to be a long day... headed to work and then have a baseball practice and game tonight for the boys'... won't be home for the day until ater 9pm.  Planning is key for me... food is planned & packed for the day.  Happy Monday!!!!

Let's go team!!!

• I can't download the challenge kit either.. oh well.. I just found it in the library part I think.. at least the basic info..

I have lost 50 pounds in the last year and a half on my own and weight watchers.. but I am stalled with 30ish to go.. so I truly hope this will give me the kick I need!

I am starting today, and had a rough time finding things to pack in my lunch bag this morning.. I am a vegetarian.. so extra hard I suppose.

I read the book, but not sure how much of each I am supposed to be eating.. Just one serving size according to the label? did I miss something?

oh well.. Im trying not to stress.

I brought fat free cottage cheese, grapes, my protein powder, fruit and a protein bar to get me through the work day..

hope that works :)

can't wait to see how we all do!

sugar

Every day is a struggle. Make today's count!

http://nomorefatass.blogspot.com/

• mkay.. so I am still trying to figure out the eating plan..

here's my plan for today.. what is it missing?

Protein shake w/ fruit

orange

peach

slice of 45 cal whole wheat bread w/ nutella

cottage cheese/ grapes

plum

protein bar

prolly a big salad for dinner..

• Hi witchymama77,

There is a vegetarian post that should help you out . It's Vegetarian support and was designed to help people. Check it out.

I will be figuring out my meals tonight so just winging it for now. Meal planning is my weak link. Just cause I don't know what I want to eat. Going to the gym after work with Da wife and possibly daughter.

Claude

• witchymama (love the name) there is not even close to enough protein here.  You should always have proten and carbs together.  I am not an expert but you always want a portion of carb and a portion of protein (I believe eating the protein with the crabs slows down any sugar spike you might get from the carbs).  Protein is key to not getting hungry and muscle building.  I am just starting today as well and this is my meal plan.  Anyone feel free to comment on my food.

scrambled eggs - 1 whole,2 whites - dry wheat toast

carb control protein bar

chicken sandwich on light oatmeal bread (very light mayo)

3/4 cup cottage cheese - 1 cup apple slices

white chicken chili

Protein shake made with skim milk

This comes to about 150 grams of protein and 140 grams of carbs.

I see now that I am missing veggies so I will throw and green salad in with my chili.

I read that you should eat a gram of protein for each pound that you currently weigh but at 192 I am a bit leary.........

I am in control!

Nothing tastes as good as being skinnier feels!

• oops I just saw the vegetarian part - my bad but you still need to eat protein with your carbs. 

I am in control!

• Lets do this! I'm looking forward to this adventure. This will be my first time, and I'm heading to the gym now. I work 50 hours a week, attend college all day Tuesday's and most evenings, so I need a physical release somewhere in my day. I know it will be hard do because of my tough schedule, but if I can do this now, then there will be no reason I cannot have a healthy lifestyle for years to come. Good luck to everyone, and I look forward to your encouragement throughout this process by reading your posts.

• I want to start by saying this is my very first challenge, so i'm by no means an expert... but, at first glance, it appears you are lacking protein and it's a bit high in sugar.  Each of your 6 meals should have a protein (size of your palm) and a carb (size of your closed fist), with 2 of your meals including veggies.  Check the "library" for approved food lists.  It may be helpful if we all post some of our meals to bounce ideas off of each other.

I intend to blog my days on the link below my signature... but here are the meals I've planned for today.

#1 (6a) after upperbody workout: protein shake with natural PB

#2 (8:45a): oatmeal & hardboiled egg whites

#3 (11:15a): chicken/brown rice/homemade salsa & broccoli

#4 (1:45p): cantaloupe & cottage cheese

#5 (4:15p): boar's head turkey & cantaloupe

#6 (7p): boar's head turkey, apple, broccoli

Protein: 108

Carbs: 99

Sugar: 51

I need to bump up my protein & carbs closer to the 120g range... and am always open to feedback!!!

• Buggie - what type of protein bar are you eating?   Have you tried the EAS bars yet- any favorite flavors?  I ask because I'm going to need to have easy back-ups when life doesn't always stick to my schedule.  :)

Cmax - I totally hear you about the crazy schedule.  We're in the same boat.. and because of that, I had to plan my meals & workouts for the entire week... I was afraid I'd be setting myself up for failure otherwise.  I even switched gyms to find one that opened earlier so I wouldn't have any excuses.  

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

• ugh.. how confusing.. ok.. I'll get going on protein.. I figured the powder, bar and cottage cheese would do it.. lol..

I'll have to tweak a bunch huh? :)

more veggies too? I didn't have much time to plan this morning.. but I'm getting there..

sugar

• oh.. eggs work for protein right?

• I got the chocolate peanut butter crips carb control from EAS - yum!  

:-)

I am in control!

• Eggs will be a staple for most of us!

I am in control!

• Buggie129,

It sounds like you're ready to roll.  Quick question, where did you see that you should have a gram of of protein for each pound you currently weigh.  And where are you getting the numbers.  I'd like to start keeping track of this also, but want to make sure I'm getting correct numbers.

• I am not exactly sure how to use these forums, but I started on August 15th also.  Today has been pretty good so far.  I cannot do my weight lifting workouts until the evenings so I am still waiting to do my workout.  My diet has been exactly to plan so far.  I just hope I can say that 84 days from now.  I will be able to do cardio in the mornings.  Good luck to everyone.  

Thanks,

Shane