Can't afford supplements! What do I do?

• I can't afford to buy the EAS products/supplements.  How can I do the body for life program if I can't afford the supplements??

• You don't need the supplements to be successful on body for life.  You just need to eat healthy nutritious meals just like the book indicates. There's no magic pill when it comes to success in BFL. It takes hard work, dedication, and good nutrition. The only thing that supplements do is add some convenience.

• jaspgu,

The number one supplement in the world is: CLEAN EATING :)

A successful Body-for-Life transformation breaks down like this: 80% nutrition, 15% in the gym (weights and cardio) and 5% supplements.

On the cost issue though. I will say if you look at the cost of a box of Myoplex shakes and break it down it works out to less than $3 for a complete meal. Where else can you get that? It is cheaper than junk food and fast food and all that stuff we shouldn't be eating. IMHO well worth the dollars to buy some myoplex and ensure you can eat 6 proper meals a day.

All the best

Orrin

• I agree with Orrin.  Eat clean and work your butt off, literally.  You don't have to have supplements to do this, only to enter the official challenge.  

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• I have a question for the OP, and it's more a curiosity then anything else.. Would you go out to fast food joints in the past very often?

• I only work 2 days a week because I am in nursing school.  Not much of a fast food person.