Anyone else starting on July 10/11, 2011?

• I join in on congratulating everyone who completed the challenge!  We've all been through ups & downs - life gets in the way - but the main thing is to keep picking it up & keep going.

My stats -

Weight - lost 6.2 lbs.  (138 to 131.8)

Chest - gained 0.5" - I'll take it!  :-)

Waist - lost 2.75" (31.75 to 29)

Hips - lost 2.25" (40.5 to 38.25)

Thighs - lost 0.75"

Arms - gained 0.25" - yet went from very flabby to more defined.

I'm very happy with the results.  Slow & steady does it!  When I started the challenge, I wrote that my mood re my body image was "hopeless; downward spiral."  Now, I'm feeling in control & on the right path.  I pledge to be at the gym 3x/week & do my cardios at home & eat clean.  

Thank you everyone for all of the moral support & sharing your triumphs & struggles.  Being in this group has kept me at it, knowing that I was going to check in & write something.

Best wishes!

• Although I am 1 week behind the group as of today, I know I will finish strong and it has been a privilege to be in this forum with all of you.  We've all struggled and had our wins and losses, but we made it to the finish line.  

I've lost 22 lbs and 18 inches overall - and I'm feeling fantastic.  This may be my first challenge but it will not be my last.  This really is for life and it's so do-able.  I feel a renewed sense of strength and energy and I am committed to doing this again.  

Thanks to all of you for being an inspiration when I needed it and for being able to share when you were feeling down and out.  I hope I have been a positive influence to some of you as I know you have all been for me.  

TO THE NEXT CHALLENGE AND TO LIFE!  Thanks everyone!

• Hi, everyone!  The past few weeks have been very busy so I haven't had a chance to check in.  I have been trying to keep up with the messages through my phone but I haven't seen them all.  

We did it!!!! : )  You all made the difference in this challenge for me.  Thank you for helping me finish!

I was able to take off 7.25 inches overall.  My goal is 20 inches so I definitely want to participate in the next challenge with everyone.  I still have lots of work to do!  

And....Can someone tell me how we are suppose to eat and train between challenges?  I am feeling a little lost right now and don't want to lose the ground that I have made.  Also, do we have a start date for the next challenge?  I want to start planning for it now so that I can stay focused. : )

• I don't know exactly how the transition between challenges is suppose to go - but this is my plan.  I am going to go the gym 6 days per week but just walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes with a 10 incline at 4.0.  I want to do this so I don't get lazy and when it comes time to start Challenge 2, I will still be in the swing of things - and also, if I do overindulge in food, I will hopefully maintain my current weight.  I will try to eat clean as much as possible so that, again, I don't get lazy.  I am an all or nothing person so I can easily swing the other way, hitting McDonalds every day so I need to stay on the straight and narrow as best possible.

I would like to join you all in the next challenge - I never would have made it through without reading all your posts daily.  I felt part of the team and it is what made me get up every morning and hit the gym...knowing I was accountable to each and every one of you (even though I didn't post regularly)

As graciously stated earlier in the posts,  "You Rock"!!

I would like to start the next challenge either Monday, October 10 or Monday, October 17 - or thereabouts.  Starting October 10 gets us finished New Years Day...if we start Sunday, October 9, we can go out for New Years Eve...hmm, sounds like that is the option to go...

My email address is gerie@innovativesource.com if anyone wants to stay in touch and figure out the next challenge.

My end stats after Challenge 1

Weight (Scale) Loss:  18 LBS

Body Fat Loss:  9.8 LBS

BMI Loss:  4 LBS

LBS of fat loss:  19.193

LBS of lean mass gain:  1.193

TTL inches loss:  25.75

Greetings from the Sunshine State -

Gerie

• Hi Everyone!!!!

I am just getting around to posting.....we didn't have internet at our new home (we moved over the weekend--yea!!!) until last night and I couldn't write a long post at work!

Well, so glad to say that I finished my first BFL Challenge strong!!!!! I am so happy that we all made it through these 12 weeks!!!! It is amazing to me!!!!! I am so proud of everyone!

I haven't had time to take measurements, but I have lost 8 lbs of scale weight, fit back into my size 4 pants (which are a little loose too!) and have gained visible muscles in both my UB and LB!!!!! I see the most progress in my shoulders and upper back. I never missed a workout, and I ate clean 100% of the time (except free days)!!!! I reached all of my goals that I set for my first challenge.

I started P90x on Monday to change things up. My sweet hubby set up my gym in our new basement and I just have to say that it is AWESOME!!!! There is so much room for me to move around and I can even jump rope down there!!!! I LOVE IT! I am still eating clean this week, but not being as strict as the past 12 weeks. I plan to start my official 2nd challenge on Monday Oct. 10. I am going to change things up a bit and incorporate P90x into my strength training. I think my body was getting too used to the BFL strength workouts. I will continue running for my HIIT, especially since I have a half marathon in mid November. I am doing two 30 min HIIT runs during the week and a long run on Saturdays. I have always worked out and been active, so there is no way I could take a week or two off from doing anything. So, I am starting my workouts this week but won't start tracking my nutrition or make my official start date until next Monday.

I will be glad to start another post on Monday Oct. 10 if anyone else wants to start that day. Please let me know what everyone wants to name the post.

I loved reading everyone's posts and stats on your progress!!! Congrats!!! I am SO proud of all of you!!!

• I'm in!  I will start on Sunday, Oct 9th but will participate in the new forum.  If LB is going to stay with us I think we need to use the name or a form of the name that she suggested, if everyone agrees.  I am afraid to try to page back to look at it.  I don't want to get kicked out.  : )  I am really excited about the 2nd challenge!  I am also glad for the week in between but I am finding that I really like the structure and accountability of being in challenge mode.

Hope everyone is having an awesome day!  I'm in AZ and we are finally cooling down a little : )

Dawn

• I hear many of us trying to organize the next Forum so we can stay together and I'm all for that because if it hadn't been for all of you, I might not have made it to the finish line.  So here's what I propose:

We start a new challenge the week of October 9th.  That gives us 2 weeks to stay active but bring down the "volume" a little so we can recoup.  

I propose we call the new Forum "Returning Fearless Forum - October 9"  I have never started a Forum and I'm not really sure how to do this.  So, I am going to count on one of you who knows how to do this to post this so we can all find each other again on October 9th and start the second challenge together.

I know we are all strong as individuals, but as a group, we are even stronger.  I will look to see all of you there and search for this Forum name.  I can't wait to see all of you there and to our continued shared stories, our continued mutual support of each other, to learning more about all of you and to pushing our goals to the next level.   For anyone who wants to stay in touch in the interim, my personal e mail is bakiares10@att.net

Thanks for being such a fantastic group of people.  I am so proud of all of us!

Lynn

• I just read the story John posted about the clay statue and I am SO READY to find the GOLD underneath!!  I want to join you all when you start a new challenge - please keep me posted!  I am going camping from the 12th through the 21s so I will be ready to go on Monday the 24th.  Thats when I will start but I will be with you all in spirit until then.  My husband Mike has recently decided to challenge our neighbors to a "weigh-off" and is also trying to lose weight so this should get me to maintain the weight I have already lost until I start again.  I am still working out a couple times a week and walking with Mike.  But I really want to lose at least 10 more pounds. I lost 20lbs my first challenge and only ended up maintaining on my 2nd challenge.  I started working part-time and I just struggled with wanting to go to the gym after work when I had so much to do and felt so tired.  I feel like I have finally adjusted to going to bed early for my 5 am start time so I am ready to give up the excuses!  My biggest problem is the stinking coffee with cream and sugar and then making myself eat 6 times a day so this is where I need to focus this 3rd challenge.  I have bought all the stuff to make light frappacinos (with protein mix) but haven't made it yet - anybody have any good recipes?  

Sally-for-Life!

• HI Everyone!

I will be glad to start the "Returning Fearless Forum" on October 9/10. I won't officially be starting until Monday Oct. 10. I like to have Sunday as my rest day so I won't start until Monday. Glad all of you will be joining this next challenge!

I did a 30 min bike HIIT today and then did about 25 min of P90X Plyometrics. It was a great workout! Tomorrow I will be going P90X shoulders and arms. Here are my goals for my next challenge: 1. Build more lean muscle mass; 2. Flatten my abs; 3. Set a new personal record from my last half-marathon (which was 1:45).

Has anyone else set their goals?

Have a great night!

• Hey all and hey to Sally (one of the branches)!

I wasn't planning on starting the challenge until 10/17 but after reading all of your posts I'm kinda excited to start on Oct 9th and finish one more challenge before the end of the year! The 9th works well for me because I like to take my free day on Saturdays.

I'm game for the 9th and stocking up on whey protein and myoplex shakes again ;)

Let me know if you want but I can start the forum thread if you can't figure it out.

thanks and go team!

• Sorry everyone!  I got my dates wrong.  If our challenge ended October 4th, this past Tuesday, then our new challenge begins on the week of October 16th.   So, it will be the Returning Fearless Forum on 9/16 if we take the 2 week break between challenge 1 and 2.  

Guess I have to work on the muscle in my head a little more!  LOL.

• LB: Not sure if you got your dates wrong....I was only planning to take off one week. However, I know most recommend to take off 2 weeks. So, whatever works best for you, please do it! I still plan to start on October 10 just because my body is used to consistent training. I will start the forum whenever everyone wants....we will all be within a week of each other regardless.

Please let me know what everyone wants to do...or John, please feel free to start the forum too!!! You were the originator of this forum, so please feel free to take the honor again!

• Good morning.  I will be starting this Sunday, Oct 9th.    I want the structure and accountability that comes with being in the challenge.  The last few weeks have been kind of stressful and I have found that this week I have had a difficult time being disciplined with my food.  Things will be slowing back down after today so I want to get right into that next challenge to reinforce all the good habits I have brought into my life.....and keep off those 7.25 inches : )

I will join in the forum whenever it starts.  You guys have been a huge part of my success and I want to keep going with all of you!    

• Returning Fearless Forum is great name : )

• I too will be starting next week - Monday, October 10...structure is needed, just a couple days out of the challenge and already bad habits are forming.  I CAN'T WAIT!

I guess my next post will be in "Returning Fearless Forum"...talk to you all soon...