Starting July 4th 2011

• Hey There!

My name is Jennifer, I am in the 30-45 age of women category.  I started on July 4th.  This is my third challenge.  I lost 20lbs last year at this time and quit smoking.  Then I fell of the wagon!  I am excited to go with you on this journey!

I know you will reach your goal by Dec 4th!

Looking forward to doing this together!

• I'm with you on the soreness!  And yes...pain is weakness leaving the body!  

I actually enjoyed my cardio yesterday...a bike ride!  I worked hard and really felt like I was well on my way with this challenge.  Keep up the good work!

• Welcome Jennifer! Glad to have you with us!

Ugh I need to eat more. Had to stop in the middle of my last deadlift set yesterday simply because I had no energy. I wasn't even feeling exhausted and I know my muscles themselves weren't too fatigued to finish, I just had ZERO energy left in the tank. I think at least on my lifting days I'm gonna switch from shakes for my in-between meals at work over to a protein bar that has a bit more calories and carbs.

Definitely feeling the lower body workout though. For some strange reason it makes me happy that it's hard to stand up out of a chair this morning, haha.

How's everyone else doing today?

• Hello all!

Looks like July 4th was a popular start date.  I am a 31yr old gal who lives in Denver and ultimately I really wants to be back in shape to do the things I love: hiking and backpacking, skiing and such. Beyond being totally out of shape I am new to the attitude so after a few miserable experiences in the mountains I decided it was time to really commit to getting fit.

I have to admit I am not completely sold that this will actually work for me, having failed on these types of things so many times in the past. But the sheer volume of people who show fabulous results has me hopeful!

I am new to this city and state and don't have much of a local community to support me in this, so ya'll will have to do!

• WOW!  I can hardly walk!  Anyone else feeling excited about this?  Atleast I know there are muscles underneath that can be sore...right!  Thanks for welcoming me in the group!

Can you believe we are almost through the first week?

Keep up the good work everyone!

And I like the shakes much better than grabbing a bar.  I have more energy and stay full enough to get to the next meal!  

Cardio, here I come!

• Hi guys soreness is crazy lol ....seems like my eyes are bulging out more as i feel my face thinning....lol...no no its a good feeling ;)

I still havent bought the shakes yet, but I am on chicken breast and fish with greens....

have you all bought the shakes

• Welcome aboard, gersula!

Oh trust me, if you stick to the program as it is described in the book, it definitely WILL work for you! Maybe not as well as the grand champions have done, but you will definitely be in much better shape and have much more energy and a better outlook on life. It's not at all an easy program. In fact, it's probably going to be one of the hardest things you've ever done. But if you have the underlying determination and take control of your life, you can make it through!

So follow the plan (don't make excuses or compromises like we've all done in the past, just DO it!), get plenty of rest and water every day, and check out the forum here for a HUGE wealth of advice, support, and motivation, and you'll be okay. And be patient! Most people don't see drastic changes until late in the game, so don't get discouraged if you're halfway through and have only lost a few pounds (you shouldn't be weighing yourself anyways!) Hard work and patience, my friend.

Sal-

Yeah, it's been really fun walking and bending over to get stuff since Wednesday's workout.....lol! And the eating cleanly and being active has definitely already started making me feel tons better every day, even though it's way too early to see results.

I personally like to use Myoplex Lite shakes for my in-between meals at work, since I have a mini-fridge in my office already. They do a decent job at staving off hunger between breakfast and lunch, although it's best that you drink them at a 2 1/2 hour interval before your next real-food meal, since after all they are just liquid. I think the bars are too small to be filling at all.

I am switching to a bigger protein bar for my lifting days, however, so I have the energy to power through and hit my 10s. I've used Clif Builders Bars in the past, they're at most grocery stores, have lots of protein and they're pretty large, and taste decent to boot! But they have 20g of sugar in them which is not so good when you're trying to lose weight. Someone tipped me off to Premier Protein bars, which have a whopping 30g of protein and very low sugar, and are supposed to taste great as well. So I'm going to try ordering those online, since they're supposedly only sold at Sams Club and Costco, and I don't have a membership to those.

But yeah, I like the Myoplex Lite shakes for cardio days. They definitely help to maintain a caloric deficit.

• TGIF!!!

workouts have kicked my butt! I am feeling stronger and my pants seem to be a little looser. If nothing else I feel great and confidence is at an all time high. Stuck to the meal plan this week except on Wednesday night after my softball game it was BBQ night and I had a hot dog, on a whole wheat bun instead of the bar I brought, which I felt ok about, I turned down the chips, pop and beer, which was a positive.

Calves are definitely the most sore this week, not looking forward to the two lower body workouts next week! lol!

I love reading how everyone is doing and I will post my weigh in for the week when I do it on Monday morning. Best of luck all and have a great weekend!!

• I started on the 5th!  Day 4 almost done!  Yay!

Like some of you, I find the Lower Body workouts the hardest in the beginning ... not while I am doing them, just the aftermath.  I did this challenge about 10 years ago with excellent results.  My goal is to lose 25 pounds of fat and gain 10 pounds of muscle ... so overall a 15 pound loss ... but it isn't about the weight as much as just feeling toned and healthy and having energy.  But whether it is 15 pounds or 115 pounds it is still hard work to change ones lifestyle ... I love cheese and bread and wine and beer ...  Add a little chocolate and this is one happy camper (in a mirror free world)

I am determined and will finish this ... So I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you

• Week 1 done, woohoo!

Not a bad first week for me at all. First weekend I haven't had a drink in a good while so I'm definitely feeling great today... of course getting 10 hours of sleep last night helped too!

Lower body again today, just as my legs, abs, and lower back stopped being sore. Although my hamstrings are still a little tight.

How is everyone doing so far?

• I did alright this week. I have been having a hard time getting that 6th meal in though, I either forget about it or it seems too close to bedtime. So I will have to work on my timing this week.

And I missed my workout yesterday. The gym I go to closes really early on Sundays and I just didn't get my errands and such done in time. But I am not going to let it derail me, it is just one workout.

Get over it and keep on trucking!

• I am with you Phil ... Feel great .. I am one day behind you .. so today is my free day for workouts but after 6 days, I feel fantastic.  I have stuck to it diligently ... my abs took the hardest hit ...ouch, still sore!!

I don't get the 6th meal in either Gersula ... I don't have my first one until 9 0r 10 (after my workout) so it just doesn't seem to work out ..  If I start feeling rundown I will have to add one in the morning before a workout but for now trying to get maximum fat loss.

Have a great week 2 everyone!!

• Hi guys, so I had a minor breakdown, where I missed the last couple of days, but the good thing is that I am still playing squash,

No problem will restart tomorrow night onwards.....how is everyone else doing....motivation level still high?

• I missed days 4 and 5, went strong w/ my aerobic day 6 (swimming) and today's lower body W2D1 went great. Trying to keep my eating on track as well.

• Had a good week. Kept to the meal plan and did well on the workouts. I did miss one cardio day due to an insane work schedule, but that happens. I feel great and I am seeing results. I started at 263.8 lbs and my goal is to lose 25 lbs over the 12 weeks. I am 5 ft 10 in and carry most of my weight around my thighs and butt. I decided when I started this that I was only going to weigh in once a week, on Monday mornings. This morning I was 156.0!! That's a great number and is just helping me to build up even more confidence. I can't wait to continue and keep on improving!