Body Invincible - Team starting June 26/27, 2011

• End of Week 9 and I am fatigued and sore.....

However, on a good note, I hit some nice numbers this morning.  Down 30 lbs in total, and 8 inches around the waist (the belly button line).  My jeans that I couldn't button up at the beginning of the program (had to use a belt and zip up half way) are now loose on me.  

No week 8 or 9 "miracle" that I hear so much about, just plugging along at about 2-2.5 lbs a week of loss, pretty consistent.  

I hope everybody else is doing well, haven't heard from very many so I'm not sure who is still with us?

Texas Brez

• Howdy Tex Brez,  I'm still with y'all and getting ready to round up Week 9 and head into Week 10 on Wed of this coming week.  Can't wait, It's getting Challenging but still encouraging for me. (The missus actually said "whooh" when she saw me with the shirt of last week so that was in itself encouraging to me since it seemed spontaneous and geniune. No miracles either but still steady fat loss and muscle gain. HIT levels have increased on my various machines and I shoot for higher ones all the time still watching heart rate though while doing that. How is everyone else doing??? Blog in and let us know.

• Howdy Tex Brez,  I'm still with y'all and getting ready to round up Week 9 and head into Week 10 on Wed of this coming week.  Can't wait, It's getting Challenging but still encouraging for me. (The missus actually said "whoah" when she saw me with the shirt of last week so that was in itself encouraging to me since it seemed spontaneous and geniune. No miracles either but still steady fat loss and muscle gain. HIT levels have increased on my various machines and I shoot for higher ones all the time still watching heart rate though while doing that. How is everyone else doing??? Blog in and let us know.

• Hey Texas and WPBill - Glad to hear that all is well and you guys are still going strong.  The last few weeks have been a challenge for me too with 3 of my little ones going back to school.  There is so much to be done and I actually had a migraine (only 2nd time in my life) thinking about it all.  Plus I've been worried about how I'm going to get gym time in with the early morning off to school craziness.  Whenever I try to wait until later in the day it doesn't seem to work and I actually missed my workout for the first time yesterday.  I was feeling pretty bad about it but was so tired that I had to go to bed early last night.  

Well, this morning I was at the gym by 6:00am and got my run in before breakfast; feeling much better now.  Will try to go again later for lower body if possible with the schedule of after school activities.  I only have 3 weeks left and I'm just going to have to find a way, you know?  Anyway, still hanging in and any strength you can spare for me these next few weeks is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys and everyone else, have a great day!

• You have my full support in your untiring efforts momOfour, I am sure it is very hard to juggle all those tasks at once, but I believe you CAN find a way to manage all the same and will probably learn a lot more about prioritizing and time management as well. Missing a workout isn't a punishable crime, in fact in the BFL Journal by Bill I ran across a week when he even acknowledged that 1 or of 7 by that week will most likely have missed a workout before that time, so He even knew that it happens so just jump right back on that horse and ride to the Challenge!!!(count it as a rest time or learning experience). I'm enjoying my FREE DAY (within healthy reasonablity this week...for example a leaner Subway sandwich at lunch, NO Chips but cottage cheese with fruit and flavored water with creatine... I usually have a greek yogurt and Myoplex RTD Low Carb w/25GP for lunch every day). Hang in there We all know you can reach the finish line with us and break that tape!!!

• Bill and Mom,

Not sure if you two are still kicking around or not.  Bill I know you are as I see your posts on other discussions.  Anyway, I finished my last weight workout this morning, lower body.

One more cardio tomorrow and then weigh in, measurements, and photos on Sunday morning.

I'm eager to hear how you two finished up!

Brez

• Hi guys!  Every day I think "I need to check in and see how those guys are doing" but then the time gets away from me.  But you are in my thoughts and my best wishes always come your way.  CONGRATS on your last weightlifting session, Brez!  I have one today (actually missed one this week) and then I'm doing a long run tomorrow to finish up the exercise part.  I've decided to definitely do the 5K in November and am so excited to be running on a regular basis.

Overall I am so happy with the results.  I'll post official stuff on Sunday and I hope you will too.  Brez, can't wait to see your pics.  My plan is to keep going with the eating (but maybe not as strict) and have some fun with exercise for the fall and winter.  Running and yoga primarily till the race and then hitting the gym for new weight workouts over the winter months.  Then in the Spring I'd like to do another challenge; I'm thinking 1 per year just to keep my head on straight; what about you guys?

What are your plans after Sunday?  Are you going into another challenge after the rest period?   Have fun with the last few days.  Looking forward to celebrating with you on Sunday!!!  WooHoo!!

• Hello Tex and MomoFour,,,  I am still hanging in there and today I'll be doing my last UBWO for this challenge.  Overall, I am happy with the results so far, though I think they could have been better and closer to my (no I realize) unrealistic goals , still goals are just that something you aim for but don't always quite reach but still keep going. I have set up the spray tan for next week, the photos for next week and now just need to finish and enter everything by disk and on line to BFL.  I hope to do a better job on the essay this time, the photos are what they are(or will be what they are in the case of the last one). Sounds like you both have finished well and can't wait to see your results soon as well. Best wishes and Congrats for hanging in there!

• Hello Tex and MomoFour,,,  I am still hanging in there and today I'll be doing my last UBWO for this challenge.  Overall, I am happy with the results so far, though I think they could have been better and closer to my (no I realize) unrealistic goals , still goals are just that something you aim for but don't always quite reach but still keep going. I have set up the spray tan for next week, the photos for next week and now just need to finish and enter everything by disk and on line to BFL.  I hope to do a better job on the essay this time, the photos are what they are(or will be what they are in the case of the last one). Sounds like you both have finished well and can't wait to see your results soon as well. Best wishes and Congrats for going all the way to the finish with us.!

• Before Front Aug 2011 email.jpg

Hi everyone, last night I attempted to post my before/after pics, but couldn't figure out how. I wish I would have gotten it done so y'all could see them. I had my last free day (day 84) on Sept 11th! I lost 2 pant sizes and can wear my wedding ring again, which is one of the reasons I took the challenge, but I only lost 9 pounds!!!

Look forward to seeing your before/after pics. Great job, I know y'all worked hard.

I am going to try posting the photos again.

pattersonmommy

• After Front Aug 2011 email.jpg

Okay, found it! Use rich formatting and attach file. Only let me upload one less than 64kb.

The earlier post is BEFORE front.

Now here is AFTER!!! Yeah!

pattersonmommy

• Before Back Aug 2011 email.jpg

Pics!!!

Use rich formatting, choose "options", then "Add" next to "Attach file", then "save" and you can "Preview".

Here is the BEFORE back.

pattersonmommy

• After Back Aug 2011 email.jpg

And AFTER back

pattersonmommy

• Not spectacular, but I did it! I am so proud to say, "I did it!" My plans are to train for a half marathon here in Vegas that is in December on the strip! Taking a leisurely week here, having my coffee with cream, then I plan to start running. With the challenge, I got up to about 2 miles in the 20 minute cardio, so I'll start pushing it up to 3 asap. Never ran in a marathon, don't really think I ever want to run a full one, but a half is a good goal to have for now so I don't ever look like my "before" photos again. Talk to y'all later!

pattersonmommy

• Sorry for the long absence - sheesh. I thought I would never get back in here!  I started working again and I just cannot do it all people!  So anyway, I did not gain, did not lose - I maintained. I have always looked up to you working people who do BFL and it ain't easy. My biggest problem is getting all my meals in. I won't give you all my pathetic excuses.  Anyway, I am taking a week or two off and gonna get back at it and do a better job of planning.  How'd you all do?

Sally-for-Life!