Body Invincible - Team starting June 26/27, 2011

• Hello...anyone still out there?  Hoping that the reason for the silence is just that everyone is doing so well they don't need to check in as much.  But if you get this and have time, please post a quick note to say how you're doing.  Changes are becoming more noticeable now that we're getting toward the end, no?

OK, just wanted to reach out (on vacation last week).  Really hope everyone is well and happy!

• Greetings mom0four,  I'm still hanging in there in fact I am now on the 8th week as of yesterday, still gaining muscle and losing weight. Last week when I weighed in I was already down to 225 or so from my start of about 10-12 lbs more than that and I have already dropped down one full size in pants at work and with my regular shorts and pants at home.  (some of my swim suits are way too loose now). Still I am shooting for the Large range of pants which would be several more inches more before I am finished. Hope all is going well with you and all the team members as well.  I hope more folks will post today or tommorrow and let you know how they are doing as well.. I hope your vacation was great and that you were able to workout as I did on my vacation up north during my last challenge.(just did a little preplanning and research on that one to make it work last year).  Best wishes for all.

• Greetings mom0four,  I'm still hanging in there in fact I am now on the 8th week as of yesterday, still gaining muscle and losing weight. Last week when I weighed in I was already down to 225 or so from my start of about 10-12 lbs more than that and I have already dropped down one full size in pants at work and with my regular shorts and pants at home.  (some of my swim suits are way too loose now). Still I am shooting for the Large range of pants which would be several more inches more before I am finished. Hope all is going well with you and all the team members as well.  I hope more folks will post today or tommorrow and let you know how they are doing as well.. I hope your vacation was great and that you were able to workout as I did on my vacation up north during my last challenge.(just did a little preplanning and research on that one to make it work last year).  Best wishes for all.

• Thanks WPBill and great job on your accomplishments so far.  My husband and I joined a gym for a week while on vacation and got all of our workouts in.  Most exciting part is that I started running for cardio which I haven't done in about 25 years!  Looking to maybe do a 5K when this is over which doesn't sound like much but would be a big deal for me.

Anyway, glad to hear from you and can't wait to see how you finish this thing up!!  Have a great night.

• Hey Bill and Mom,

I'm still here, thought it was just me for awhile.  I'm coming up to the end of week 8, so I'll be doing pictures this Sunday, fingers crossed.

Were going out of town in a couple week so its good to hear both of you had success, the place were going has a gym so I feel much less anxiety.  

My weight loss has slowed but my strength has increased and I feel like my muscles are getting larger.

We'll see how my progress is on Sunday morning, cheers!!!

Texas Brez

• Hey Team!  I saw this on Yahoo's page today and thought it was very encouraging - on this second round I have been using pushups every other UBWO for the chest exercises and I did notice a quick increase in muscle definition so there is probably something to this:

health.yahoo.net/.../how-to-do-perfect-pushup

I also found it funny that the authors name is Bill Phillips - but not the same guy haha.

I am looking forward to my weigh in and measuring on Sunday - will be my first for this round.  I feel great, still looking for that additional 15 lb loss right around the middle.  Hoping that will also help my knees feel alittle stronger.  They don't hurt as much as they click and as long as I stay away from any kind of serious quads and thigh exercises.  Frustrating but I work around it.

Sounds like the four of us are staying faithful - unless there are others out there working out so hard they don't have time to post!  My biggest goal in all of this has been to create better more lasting habits in my life.  That goal is definitely still in the works but not as hard as it used to be. The mindset and eating and exercise patterns in this way of life definitely works for me.  I am not giving up until all my goals are met and then will use BFL to maintain.  I used to just feel so bad for the kinds of food I ate and how much I ate it.  I felt like it was some sort of defect in my character.  Now I have the ability to say no to myself when it comes to food and "get moving" to myself when its time to exercise.  I even like doing the mowing and gardening now and going for long walks with my husband.  

I am looking forward to a long weekend up in Michigan with family along the shores of Lake Michigan. I plan to using the water in some of my workouts!

Keep up the good work!  Sally

Sally-for-Life!

• Greetings team members,   Thanks for the great comment mom0four,  just took photos today now just have to transfer them from the wife's camera to disk and then to the site for everyone to comment on(good ones I hope).  I already have the start photos on computer stick and will transfer them to disk for input soon.   I am glad everyone seems to be hanging in there. Thanks for calling us out, I guess everyone was just busy with vacations, workouts and school for their kids right now.  I had a staycation for our anniversary but we still managed to have some fun and stay within my dietary guidlines (no alcohol this anniversary, don't want my metabolism messed up for the three days). I have some after the challenge ends for me next month, and during the holidays this year on my break.  Keep active everyone and stick to the program ....it works!!!

• Hello! I can't figure out how to add a post to this thread except to just hit "reply" on the latest post. ANYWAY, I started my challenge on 20 June 2011, so that puts me on this team. Thanks to whoever started the thread. I am finishing week 9 tomorrow, because I survived weeks 5 and 6. I would like to add my progress photos, but haven't had the time to figure that one out! So far, I have lost 2 pant sizes, but a mere 5 or 6 pounds on the scale. Oh well, that sucked week 5 when I was only down 3 pounds, but I am over it. Starting this week, I am not going to cheat on meals, however I haven't missed a single workout yet (thank you very much!). Also, I think I overdo the "free" day, so I think I'll scale back on the sweets on my free day from here on out. Great reading y'all's posts. I have gone on vacation twice so far and have one more planned. The first two were tough, especially avoiding unauthorized food, because I had to use my parents home gym, which was more pain training than strength training. Though my runs were nice; their neighborhood is hilly. My next out-of-town trip will be easier, since I called ahead to the YMCA, and they informed me that I can use my Y membership there as well (out of state, even).

Today's UBWO included pushups! Glad to read the post below about pushups. They were nice and easy, yet so hard! Easy to not have to mess with the dumbbells, yet difficult- I had to do half of them on my knees! See y'all later!

pattersonmommy

• Hi Texas and Sally, so good to hear from you...and I can't wait to see the results that you and WPBill post on Sunday.  I take my pics a week late but still don't think I would have the guts to post them.  We'll see if I get brave after week 9.

Patterson, welcome to the team and congrats on your results too.  Every week I go a little crazy on free day and say I'll do better the next week but it never happens.  I don't beat myself up about it too much because I don't cheat at all during the week and that's what the free day is for anyway, right?

Have a great day everyone and stay strong!

• Figured I'd finally take the plunge and post photos.  I am my own worst critic and my amazing wife isn't "grading" me as harsh as she does on other before and after photo posts I show her from the forum so.........

For scale, I have lost 27.4 pounds and dropped 7" on my waist (around belly button line). 

Any constructive criticism would be welcome, thanks team!

Texas Brez

• I figured the formatting would mess up as I have seen with other members.  Hopefully you can see the sequential order, however if not just view the photos from left to right and you will see Week 1, Week 4, and Week 8.

Thanks again,

Texas Brez

• Texas Brez, as if it isn't obvious which weeks the pictures are from!  Awesome job, the results speak for themselves and you have done such a great job staying committed and focused.  You should post them to your profile and send a note so that you can get feedback from everyone.

Congratulations and can't wait to see the final results!  (BTW, had 2 nephews leave for Happy Valley yesterday...WE ARE!)

• @ Mom - PENN STATE!!!!

Great school, great network, I love being a Penn State Alum!  Tell your nephews congrats, they are going to love the culture.  

Thanks for the feedback, It is hard for me to look at my own photos and see much of a difference (perception versus ideals cognitively).  I know the numbers, clothes, etc all tell a different story than what I am seeing, but hey, body image can be funky when looking through the lens of the owner.

Thanks again!

• Hello again, well Mom0four, you were right about the free day...I didn't scale back yesterday; I need to be able to have as I can't during the week.

Texas Brez- great job! 7 inches is a LOT! Also, for me, I feel like a different person when I look at just my face in the mirror. It's changed. And so has yours for sure. Also, never underestimate the health benefits that come with exercising and eating right. As is said in the BFL book, the change is really from the inside out.

pattersonmommy

• Texas Brez,,, I'm just stopping by to comment on your photo & I all I have to saw is Wow!   I can see a HUGE difference in your face and your midsection,  and in only 8 weeks!   Keep up the great work & don't look back.  

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice."

"Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow."