Starting Sunday June 26th

• Welcome Brit!  This is a great bunch of people (yes I also we're all ladies?) haha

Struggling a bit today just with schedule, but proud to say I got all my meals & snacks for today ready last night.  Working all day, so had to juggle what I was going to bring!

Went to Target yesterday and bought some of the Myoplex Lite meal bars, & the whey protein powder mix.  , I'll report how they taste later today!!

Lower body workout will have to be after 6pm today, after work.  Seeing how it's the first one I am looking forward to it!  Too bad work gets in the way!  lol

Have a great day everyone!  Go out there and LIVE!

Julie

Challenge 1, June 26, 2011

• Hi Ladies!  Happy to report day one went well, although I only got 5 of the 6 meals in.

With that being said, I have a question.  Are any of you weighing your food?  The reason I ask is I followed the portion guidelines and I feel like my calories are way too low.

I came in at 809 calories for the day before exercising (according to my tracking on myfitnesspal.com).

BFast - 1 Apple (90), 2 Egg Whites - Hard Boiled (30)

Lunch - Sm Baked Potato (83), 1/2C FF Cottage Cheese (70)

Dinner - 3oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (138), 1/2C Broccoli Slaw (13), 1/2C Black Beans (110)

Snack #1 - 1/2C FF Greek Yogurt (65), 1/2C Fresh Raspberries (30)

Snack #2 - 3oz White Tuna in Water (100), 2 Multi Grain Wasa Crispbread (90)

Any suggestions?  I really want to get this right & now mess up my metabolism.

I am looking forward to all the support - seems like a great group we have!!

Jeanna (DesertDiva)

• Hi Jeanna and Everyone,

I'm weighing and measuring my food and logging it at myfooddiary.com to track calories.  Yesterday and today both, I've come in at just a hair under 1500 calories each day.  I also log my exercise.  The site tells me I'm creating about a 400 calorie deficit each day.  I am totally happy with those numbers.  The site also tracks my nutrient catagories, sodium, meal breakdown percentages, etc.  I'll be darned if I can get the sodium below the recommended level.  Between cottage cheese, myloplex shakes and everything else, it adds up.  I also get a 'warning' if I have a whole egg and other animal proteins.  I mostly ignore that because I don't have a cholestrol problem.

My food yesterday and today looked like this:

#1 - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 tbl sugar free maple syrup, butter buds, 1/2 c FF milk, 2 egg whites

#2 - 1/2 c FF cottage cheese, 1/2 c NF greek yogurt, 1/2 c frozen mixed berries

#3 -  lg green salad, 2 tbl low fat dressing 4 oz chicken breast

#4 - Myloplex shake

#5 - 5 oz lean roast beef, 1 c cooked spinach, small yam, butter buds

#6 - protein pudding from EFL cookbook (1/2 c FF milk, 1/2 scoop whey power, 1 tbl sugar free pudding mix)

#1 - 2 pancakes from EFL cookbook (1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 scoop whey power, 3 egg whites), 1 tbl sugar free maple syrup

#2 - 1/2 c FF cottage cheese, 1 1/2 c fresh strawberries

#3 -  lg green salad, 2 tbl low fat dressing, 4 oz chicken breast

#4 - Myloplex shake

#5 - 4 oz lean roast beef, grilled zucchini, 1/2 c brown rice, 1 tbl lite soy sauce

#6 -1/2 of a 280 calorie protein bar

Each day is about 1500 calories

• Hello everyone!

In reading through the past few posts, here are some of my thoughts. I also use myfitnesspal.com (so feel free to add me!, Chowder_17) and all my meals have equaled about 1500 cals as well. As far as weighing food, use the guidelines for the program, size of your palm or closed fist. If you wanna go high tech you can get a food scale from around $10 and up.

I'll recap my past few workouts and foods in a bit when I have some more time.

Challenge 1: June 26, 2011

• Hi Everyone,

Checking in to see how our group is doing.  

It's day 3 for me and I'm feeling great!  I've been 100% on Program the last 2 days and today so far.  I've done my workouts and have today's already planned for after work.  My arms are sore from Monday's UBWO.  Last night I went to spinning class for cardo.  I've planned my food for the day and calculated the calories, 1508.  I've been around 1500 all 3 days.  No problems, no complaints here.

I would enjoy hearing how you're doing, what you're eating, how you're exercising, as well as comments, questions, concerns.  

Deda

• I'm on day 3 today and have stuck 100% to the program.  Feeling so good and strong just since starting.   Weight is coming down and it makes me want to keep at it.   My ultimate goal though is to lose my belly fat and love handles.  :)   I also did UBWO on Monday; however, my arms aren't that sore.   I think I need to push myself harder tomorrow.   My son has worked me out a few times over the past month or two and I was so sore working with him.  Feels better when you're sore (like you really did something).   Got a 3 mile run in with hubby last night and we've been walking on our off run nights.  

My day food wise have been looking like this.  

Meal 1 - oatmeal and scrambled egg

Meal 2 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese / 1 cup pineapple

Meal 3 - 3 1/2 ounce chicken breast, lettuce, cucumbers, 2T dressing

Meal 4 - 8 ounce low fat yogurt, 1 cup strawberries

Meal 5 - 4 ounce chicken breast, lettuce, cucumbers, 1T dressing, 1/2 cup carrots, 1/2 cup grilled red pepper, 8 ounce skim milk.

My last meal of the day is supper with my family at 5:00 or 5:30.  Today for meal 4 I'm having my protein pudding I made.   We'll see I'm not big on that stuff.

Hope everyone else is doing great or at least hanging in there.   Remember to take it day by day and focus on today.

Renee

"Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow."

• Hey Everybody!  I started a new Thread called Body Invincible - lets move over to that thread okay? Heres the link in case you have any trouble finding us:

bodyforlife.com/.../4483.aspx

Sally-for-Life!