It is about time!

• Hello there.  I am writing this post because I am going to finally step out and challenge myself and strive for my body for life. So I am reaching out to surround myself with support.  I have kept on eye on this forum for some time now and I think that this community creates a friendly, supportive, and fun atmosphere.  I appreciate that alone in itself and I look forward to being able to contribute to this communities cause as well.

Lj

Cogito ergo sum  "I think, therefore I am." René Descartes

• Good to hear that you are going to do it!!  When are you starting?!?!

• Thanks dburg30!!  I actually started today!!  only 11 weeks and 6 days to go!!   lol.   I have been wanting to do this for sometime, don't actually know what was keeping me.  A variety of things easily used as excuses, I guess.  

This is my second time going through the B.F.L. program.  I made a awesome transformation, but that was about 5 years ago.  Well I want to get back where I was before and excel.  

• Welcome Ladyjay.  And I love the comment about only 11 weeks and 6 days to go!  As you know the time really does fly by fast.  I used the 84 day planner that is on this site, to mark off everyday and help track every day I ate clean and exercised.  It was a visual thing for me and gave me some satisfaction when marking it off.  Good luck on your transformation.

• Good morning all!  Firesong, love the name!  Thank you for your very much for your kind post and thank you for your advice!  I am a visual person when it comes to learning, motivation, and determination.  So I will be printing out the day planner so that I can mark off each day.  

One of my major challenges will be the eating aspect of it all.  Yesterday was my first full day.  I think that I did very well.  My son and I ran early in the morning at a near by park and I kept on track with my food plan.  However, I did have cravings for pretzels!  LOL of all things, right?  Did I give in, *sigh,* yes I did.  (implementing accountability here)    

As much as I don't want to tell on myself, I do.  Facing the prickling small truth of what could possibly be holding me back, could possibly be my double edged sword that might be my epic breakthrough!  So on a positive note, I did give in to my craving, but now I have reflected on it and know that is exactly what I need to watch out for and be mindful of.  

Does anyone have any suggestions to defeat these cravings?

Alright I have chatted long enough and I need to get to work!  Have a great day and thanks for reading my ramblings!

**11 weeks and 5 Days until transformation**

• ****Does anyone have any suggestions to defeat these cravings?****

In my humble opinion.... Water... While you need other nutrients of course, good ole fashioned, plain h2o will do sooooo much for you

• Good morning again!

Today is a good day!

dburg30, thank you for your reply.  It is going to take some getting used to drinking LOTS of water!  lol.  I did try drinking water when I felt hungry yesterday, and it worked!  

Alright, so I have been thinking.  I know that we should keep a journal of our daily experiences.  So what better way of doing it, than doing it here.  It will be a good thing, it will also encourage interaction and draw support.  

Week 1 day 3

Let me begin with yesterday.  I am happy to report that it was a good day, no cravings and no desire to skip out on exercising!  I was very excited actually to get to the gym and challenge myself.  And that is exactly what I did.  So yesterday was the lower body work out.  I pushed myself with every exercise and increased my weight and went from 4 sets to 5.  Just as my plan said to.  I really do not want to tell what the amount of weight was, so I will just say that I was very happy with my workout!   No include the fact that I didn't cheat, makes me soooo freaking happy!!!

Today, got out and did my cardio and pushed myself there too.  My son and I ran 1.5 miles.  It may not seem like a lot but considering when we did it on Monday, we clocked in at 16:27 and today we clocked in at 15:30!!  What a great achievement!  And then of course we walked the other half mile, so we got 30 minutes of cardio in and we worked hard, it feels great!  So now it is up to the eating right and on time.

Speaking of which, my breakfast is staring at me...lol.   Alright gotta go and work and stuff like that!

Have a great day!

Lj

• You think plain ole water doesnt have any taste.. Just get your system cleaned out as you go, and all the sudden OTHER stuff just tastes nasty to you.. 'fast food' lemonade or fruit juice that I have sometimes on my free day.. .like hi-c orange just is so SWEET tasting now that it takes me forever to drink it and while i used to get it 'no ice' i now get ice and let the ice slowly water it down to easier to swallow so to speak!!   Same with diet pop that I also only drink on my free day, just really doesnt have the attraction it used to.   I probably could do without those things, but I dont want to chance getting major cravings, so I do have some sort of sugar drink on my free day, and drink a can of diet cherry 7-up..  But find myself just going back to my trusty water..   I LOVE the stuff now.. And none of that fancy bottled stuff,  just out of the tap.  So by no soda, hardly any milk, and just tap water, think of the savings I've got going too!!!

• Good morning.  Today marks day four and well I knew that opposition would come, but didn't know it was going to come so soon.  So it begins.

Yesterday, everything went pretty good with the eating plan.  Didn't have any cravings or temptations to cheat.  LOL  They will come,..I know this.

Today I get to work the upper body.   I realized yesterday that I was a little off with my sets while working my lower body.  But today will be different.  12,10,8,8,12,12  = RAWR!  

dburg30, I am actually looking forward to cleaning out the old and relishing the new, in all different areas of my life.   Physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.  

Have a good day.

11 weeks and 3 days left.

• It's a pretty darn good feeling as you do it, and realize just how much better you feel in all areas of your life!!!  

• Hey hey hey!

Update for the past two days,..Saturday was a fun filled day of camping, walking, going to the beach.  Soooo as for the cardio,..technically I did do lots of walking and working outside.  Idk if that really counts as true exercise.  But I will count it as such.  Also, I did watch what I ate and drank all day long.

Sunday was my day off and instead of just laying around, my best friend and I went crabbing!  So we stuck it out for a few hours and caught 1/4" bushel of blue crabs! What fun, right!!  I don't eat crabs, just like to catch them!  lol.  I thought that I was going to want to eat everything that I couldn't all week, much to my surprise I really didn't want to splurge and eat whatever.  I was very conscience about what went into my mouth.  it felt great to feel that again!   Compared to the mindset of "Oh,..it is just a candy and yummy coffee, I'll work it off later..."  I don't want to go back.

Well it is time to go and work.  Hope you have a good day.

Ttyl,

Lj

• Week 2, day 8.  

I am going to start each entry with my clock!  I can't believe a week has gone so fast!  So an update from yesterday.  (I know this may become a little mundane, so please bare with me!)  My food plan stayed intact!  Yay!  and though i did sneak in a couple of tortilla chips,..I did rather well.  I even cut down on my coffee.  I do think that I have to push harder on my water,..I just have to get used to it.  And come up with new ways of cooking chicken...I don't want to fall into the "bland food rut"

Now for the exciting news.  SO I  worked my lowers and pushed with each exercise!  I am so pumped!!   I hit a new high for my calves, and I can feel my knees getting stronger.  Man, with this amount of excitement I hope it will carry me through the next 10 + weeks!  :D

Things to do:  Take measurements  (i know i know i know,...), find new exercises for cardio, and find new recipes.

Time for work!

Have a great day everyone!  

Lj

• Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but nope, walking and hiking is not the same as HIIT.  Doesn't mean it doesn't count that you got up and moved and expended calories and was a good way to spend the day.  But you still need to work in those HIIT's.  Its the energy expenditure that the HIIT program gives you, not only during but for hours afterwards.  And I know how difficult that is, especially away from our regular routine.  Stick with the program.  

• Firesong, one of the reasons why I like this site is because it has real people in it.  With real inspirations, encouragements and constructive advice.   I want that.  I don't want anything sugar coated.  So thank you for keeping it real.

It's all good!  

• Week 2 day 9

Good morning, hope that you all had a good day yesterday!  I had a small set back yesterday.  I was involved in a 4 car accident.  To make a long story short:  Everyone is ok.  :)  Needless to say i didn't make it to the  gym.  I wanted to make sure that I was ok after the shock.

I am ok and went running this morning and will be working the upper body this afternoon.  Meals are on spot and keeping to the daily log.  It really helps to write down everything, it is so easy to forget things.  :)

Gotta go and work, just wanted to check in and update.

Have a great day!