Starting June 13... Anybody in?

• So glad to find this thread!

I officially started a few days before the 13th but would love to join your group.  Like a few in this thread, I have completed a challenge years ago with great success.  I have let the stresses of life take over for a few years & have gained some weight.  Looking to rock this challenge out & shed the layers of fat!

Today marks a week for me, but waiting until Saturday for my Free Day.  Was soooo sore I could barely walk after my first LBWO & had T-Rex arms after my UBWO!  

Good Luck to all.....We Will Do This!!!

• hello all!

I just got home from the gym .. LBWO & abs .. sooo .. while I'm doing my exercises, I feel like I'm working hard, and I know that I'm exhausting my muscles, but when I'm done I kinda want to shrug and go, "huh .. that's it?"  ... I remember feeling that way before when I did my first challenge and had great results on my first challenge .. but I'm wondering if anyone else feels this way; anyone?  

• I have that feeling too BeckyBeach.  I'm really feeling it during the work out, but before I know it, it's over.  And yeah, it was the same way when I did the challenge a few years go, but the results were great.  I think we're doing it right.  :-)

I have to LOL @ the T-Rex arms after the UBWO!  My arms aren't too bad, but I'm doing my darndest to keep them stretched out so that I DON'T have the T-Rex arms.  My legs on the other hand are KILLING me!  I can barely walk!  

I've been wondering, what's everybody doing for their HIIT Cardio workout?  I've decided to do the Couch Potato to 5K Running program.  (C25K).  I've always wanted to be a runner and I've tried this 9 week program before but always quit halfway through week 4.  I want to complete all 9 weeks finally!  

What are  you guys doing for Cardio?

Menowd    

• @Menowd~  I have just been doing the BFL intervals on the treadmill for my cardio.  Sometimes I'll go with brisk walking/jogging & sprinting for my 8's,9's & 10's. Yesterday I did hills, so kept increasing the incline on the treadmill & my 8's,9's & 10 were jogging/running at 10 incline.  I also plan on dusting off my Cardio Coach CD's & burning them to my ipod.  

@Beckybeach~  I do sometimes feel that way...not sure why.  Maybe because most of the workouts I have done prior to this BFL challenge were long & exhaustive & I couldn't wait for them to end?  LOL.

Heading to the gym now for UBWO.  Can't wait til Free Day tommorrow...I have a date with some mexican food, a movie with some popcorn & a giant Diet Coke!

Hope everyone has a great day!

• So, I've been doing pretty well so far. I did miss my cardio on Tuesday (woke up with a migraine and was gone all day until 10:30pm ... too tired when I got home). I've pretty much stuck to the diet. I am one of those scale-a-holics, though. It's 5 days into the challenge and I've only lost 1.5 pounds. :-( I guess that I thought I would lose a lot more in the first week. My UB has been killing me!!! My LB was sore after Wednesday's workout, but nothing too serious. I didn't have any soreness at all in my abs, though. I'm thinking that I didn't work them hard enough, even though I felt like I did a pretty good ab workout at the time though. What do you guys think - should I do abs any more often than just with my LBWO? I know that you can work abs every day, if you wanted, since they recover faster. Should I add abs to my UBWO?

• Woo Hoo, Free Day for me today!  Yesterday's UBWO was awesome, lifted more on my biceps curls than I ever have.  

Question for anyone out there:  Are you using any of the EAS (or other brands) of supplements such as Reload?  I just read the Champions Body for Life book & most of the champs in the book started using the supps at some point during their challenge & really regretted not using them the whole time.

@Alisa:  I kinda feel the same way about my ab workout.  I am considering doing either the P90x or a pilates ab workout after my cardio sessions.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

~karen

• Last workout ofnthe week is today for me...I am so looking forward to a free day tomorrow!  We had frien over last night to play cards, and it was so challenging to stay on my nutrition plan...but I did it!!

@kdbrackett I'm not currently using EAS products.  I started with some Premier Protein Shakes that I picked up at Costco before I started the Program.  They do make for a quick and easy meal.  When I get through those, I will probably switch to EAS...anyone else out there using them? How are they?

Good luck everyone....here's to a great Week 2

• Hey everyone!!!

Hope the first week went well...It does get better! I am looking forward to a day of rest. I follow the book very closely accept for my free days. I like to havee them on my day off. So my free day is monday this week  and saturday next week... Other than that is is by the book (BTB)

PS I love my IPOD!!!!

John

• Hi Everybody!

I have to admit that I felt nervous going into today's free day.  I've felt so good about going to the gym every day and I was afraid that if I didnt work out for a day that I might slip into not working out for multiple days in a row.  I guess that means that I'd better get myself up early tomorrow and get in the gym to keep the momentum going!

@Alisa - I've been adding a little ab work onto every workout but making sure that I get in the full one on LBWO days.  Since we can work out abs every day, I figure a little extra work on them won't hurt.  And about the scale, I'm making it my business to stay off of it.  My scale says that I've gained 1.5 lbs this week.  I'm not surprised because every time I start a work out program, I show  a little gain on the scale even as my body shrinks.  

@kdbrackett - I've used EAS products in the past.  I really liked the ready to drink CarbAdvantage shakes.  They are really easy to grab and go in a hurry.  I've switched over to using the GNC brand 100% Whey Protein Isolate 28 powder.  I have one first thing every morning right after my workout.  It gets my day started with a nice protein boost.

Have a great week 2 everyone!

Menowd

• good morning!!  I just finished my run - week 2 baby!!!  here we go!!  I missed my 2nd UPWO last week and I'm trying not to let it bother me .. I missed ZERO workouts the first time I did it .. but with 3 kids under 5, I have to be realistic ... anyways .. I'm down 2 lbs this week .. WOO HOO!!! 2 lbs a week for 12 weeks would ROCK ..

Anyways .. just checking in .. :) have a happy day!

B

p.s.  a few of you have asked about supplements and things ... I'm taking Advocare products .. not sure if you have heard of them, but I'm loving how I feel and my workouts are rocking .. my email address is:  beckybeach@comcast.net if you want more info .. :)

• Hi guys, June 13 was my start date as well.  Week 1 went pretty well for me.  I got all of my workouts in and nutrition was pretty good overall.  I need to plan a little better with snacks so I don't find myself hungry with only a box of donuts in the conference room down the hall from my office.  

• Today marks the end of week 2 for me & it's going well.  I did succumb to the scale at the end of week 1 & was happy to see that I'd lost 2 lbs.  My clothes are actually fitting tighter,  but I can feel that I am building muscle.  I ordered the EAS Lean & Tone starter kit, comes w/ Myoplex lite RTD's & Myoplex lite bars, CLA & Reload.  I was highly disappointed to find that  EAS still uses high-fructose corn syrup in their products!

While surfing around the boards here, I stumbled across Emily Alvers website..(which is great!) Anyway, she has a video about creating a vision board for motivation.  I know it sounds sort of grade-schoolish arts & crafts, but I decided to try it out.  Made a huge one & placed it right in front of my treadmill & jeez, it sure works!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Hello all

Week one went great I lost 6 lbs! I will not check body fat til after one month though. Everything is going good I am getting my runs in, my weight training in, and I am by the book with food intake. I hope all is well. Sory I have not replyed so much... I am working full time and going to school full time..

John

• Hey John!  I'm glad you checked in .. as I was putting my shoes on this a.m. I was thinking, "man, the BFL board has been quiet ... I hope everyone is still in!" .. week 2 ends for me tomorrow .. I definitely hit 10s yesterday and today .. love that!  Sometimes I wish results happened overnight!  

Anyways - my workouts have been great, my diet is lacking .. I either don't eat enough, or I eat the wrong thing - and I'm definitely needing to increase my water intake!  It's good for me to "confess" to others in the process so I can remember to make good choices!!

So - question - what is the secret to belly fat??  My belly has ALWAYS been my problem area .. even when I was captain of my soccer team at my fittest in high school .. always have had a chubby tummy .. and now post 3 kiddos .. it's ridiculous.  Even after my last BFL challenge, I still had "issues" in the belly area .. is this mostly diet?  Does anybody have any thoughts on this?  I'd love love LOVE some feedback/advice!!  

1 more day of week 2 then FREE DAY!!  woo hoo!!  

B

• Hey Everyone--

I'm glad to have made it through the first day of week 3!!  Are others still out there?  I'm wondering about the progress that other people have made so far?  For myself, I haven't seen huge changes on the scale yet, but I have an amazing amount of energy now, and my mood...wow...it is sooo much better!  I've been doing my workouts first thing in the morning, and I can't tell you how motivating it has been!!  It is so great to mark that off the to do list!  I don't really "see" any changes physically yet...but I can lift more than I could week one...so I look back at my first workouts when I get frustrated!

I also found a recipe that I wanted to share, if there are those out there that don't like cottage cheese (like me) and need a protein in the evening...this is great:

1/2 c. Cottage Cheese

3 or 4 whole frozen strawberries (or any frozen fruit, no suger added)

1 whole banana

1/2 c. orange juice.

All of that into a blender, and blend it until it is smooth.  It isn't really sweet, but it has the consistency of a milk shake!

I hope everyone is doing well!