Starting today--who else? I need a challenge "team"!

• Getting started today and I'm really excited about it!  I'm a 37 year old mom of 3 who is ready to finally get the great body I know I can have. Over the past several years, I've done boot camps, weight watchers, ran 1/2 marathons---and still suffer from some serious wiggly jiggly areas.  I'm tired of feeling self-conscious, especially this time of year when I'm chasing 3 little kids around in shorts or the dreaded swimsuit.  I know I can do this.  I am ready now.  I had to do some serious self-evaluation to get to the point where I feel like I am going to give this 100% and not let obstacles get in my way. 

My turning point came when I seriously considered having almost $8,000 worth of laser liposuction procedures done on my legs and butt because I am just so tired of feeling disgusted when I look at myself in the mirror.  I know that lifting weights is going to be the difference for me--my boot camp classes are awesome but we use light weights, and I know that heavier weights will change my body.

OK, that's it for my little pep talk.  Who's with me, starting today?  Tell me about you and let's motivate each other!  I will post  my "before" pictures as soon as I can figure out how to format them correctly--I uploaded them into the challenge registration and they are distorted (seriously, no self-denial here!), so I need to try again.

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!

• Hi there.  

I just started yesterday so close enough.  I an 45 year old male.  If I go by the scale I could stand to lose about 35-40 lbs.  My real goal is to get into shape, get healty, and look good.  What ever the scale tells me after that I will live with.

My only real challenge (aside from my extremly lazy nature) is a bad right knee.  I've used this excuse for a few years which has put me where I am today.  I've had enough of that.

Thanks for mentioning the pictures.  I took them but didnt know they could be uploaded.

I will look to do that tonight.

Good luck...Let's look back in 12 weeks and smile.

• I am starting (over) today as well.  I have had a couple false starts over the last month or so, but trying again.  This time is it!  I am a 44 year old male, and the 12 weeks would end about my 45th birthday, so I want to get in the best shape of my life for that.

Any other people lurking out there looking for a team for motivation?  I am up for keeping each other motivated and accountable!

Hit those 10's today everyone.

• I just started today!!! I am a 47 year old mother of 8 and gramma of soon to be 7 babies!! I feel old fat and sluggish and need LOTS of support to get really going and do this. the picture is enough to make me cry. I used to be in shape and want to again!  I know we can do this together, all of us starters this week. I'll check in and look to help and get help ocercoming obstacles. Stay well

Chris

• Oh yeah... One more thing. I actually made an appointment at the HCG clinic. NOT going to do that! Will do this for real and health. My dear husband also said he wouldn't let me do HCG. He bought me weights instead! That's support!

• I also started today.  I am a 38 year old mother of 1.  Having a child drastically changed my body as I was young when I had her.  But that excuse is laughable now as she turns 20 this week.  Time to face the fact that I have become lazy and fat because of it.  I also work a fairly physically demanding job and am wiped by the time I get home.  But again, that is just another excuse.  The time for making excuses and lying to myself has come to an end.  It is time to face the ugly, fat truth and shed those excess pounds and become lean and fit.

I did my upper body workout today and it wasn't so bad.  I didn't hit any 10's though.  My fiance and I figured out what my max lifting weights for my exercises were and I based what I was going to lift off that.  I did hit a few 9's so I need to increase them for next time.

My goal is to drop 30 - 40 lbs of fat but I also want to build muscle and increase my strength.  So I'm not even going to be looking at the scale.  I am more interested in watching the inches melt off my body.

Good luck everyone!!

• I've been on the program for about a week, but I haven't been writing everything down and following it a 100%.  I'm 38 and did the program 10 years ago after my first child.  I lost all my weight, plus some and looked and felt great.  After my 2nd child, I did not lose all  my weight.  I have been struggling to get it back down, but I've jumped from one program to another never really following a program.  Now over the last year because of stress, eating the wrong foods, not exercising, possibly premenopause and just giving up, I'm now considered slighly obese from my BMI and body fat percentage.  So, that is why I am here now.   My weakness is consistency and eating correctly.   The program worked for me 10 years ago, so it should work for me now.   I'm hoping being involved with this forum will help with motivation.  

• Beep beep, I am in. :o)

Today is my third day. I need to lose nearly 30-35% of my body weight. I reckon it will take me 2-3 cycles. I made so many bad lifestyle choices and moving to England few years ago did not help either. Like you, I am tired of trying to stuff myself back in a nice dress that used to fit, and tired of all the promises I gave myself and broke that I will make this right. I tried BFL before twice. It worked but I stopped first because of injury (doing too much too soon), then because of separation from my partner which was very trying. But to be honest, looking back at those times, I think I focused on making BFL work for weight loss and once lost I jumped back to my old habits, instead of focusing on making them the new habits not the make-shift new policy till the weight is lost.

Courage isn't lack of fear. It's our ability to carry on despite our fear

• Do you have room for 1 more?

I'm restarting today.  Tried back on 4/25 but got sick, injured and had to spend extra time at work.  Things are still crazy, but there will never be a best time to do this, so I got to jump back in.

I am a 40 year old male, father of three.  Looking to lose at least 10% body fat and gain lean muscle.  Will post pictures and starting numbers in the next few days.

• I'm on today.  27 year old personal trainer in good shape, but ready for the best shape of my life.  I want to be not just a good but excellent example to those I train and know what it feels like to follow a program as they do.  I usually call the shots, but for these 12 weeks BFL will train this trainer.

• Good morning all, just checking in.  Had a great UBWO this morning!  Let's keep it going!  

Have a great day!

• I am in too!  This is my first week.  I am a 41 year old mother of 1.  I did BFL several years ago and looked/felt great and am ready to get back to that life.  I am going to do my UBWO this afternoon.  Usually, I like to do most work outs in the morning, especially cardio.  

I am excited to be here and going through this with all of you!

• I am in! 42 mother of 5. Started working out 6 weeks ago, but still feel sluggish. Decided to change eating habits even more. Started the body For Life Challenge Today. I would like to go to the clinic too and get body fat %. I want to tone up and get rid of cellulite. I am not overweight, just tired and flabby.

• Hello!  Today was cardio day. I ran/jogged about a half mile. I know it docent sound like much, but it is more than I've done in along time. Didn't help to have the migraine today.  Kept the food off track. Tomorrow is leg day. I find I am looking forward to it!! Hope to check in with all tomorrow. Stay strong!