DAY 3, DIET ADVICE PLEASE!!

• Hey everyone!! I'm on day 3 of this new adventure, and I was hoping someone could take a look at my diet so far... I haven't got my book yet, so all I have to go on is the website.

7am: Protein smoothie (1cup skim milk, vanilla protein powder, 1/2 banana)

10am: 1 slice whole wheat bread, 4 slices deli turkey

1pm: 2 cups salad blend, 3 grilled ck strips, 2T shredded LF mozz (no dressing)

330pm: protein bar

630pm: grilled steak (size of palm), 1 cup green beans, 1/2 cup corn.

9pm: protein smoothie, same as above.

It seems like a lot of food to me, although I'm sure I was eating much more before (only compressing it into 2 or 3 meals, and lots of junk food).  Any feedback is much appreciated.  I'm not able to follow the prescribed workout yet due to an injury, so I'm kinda relying on diet, here.

Thanks!!

• RockinMom, I'm no expert, but i and my wife have been going for 6 weeks now and we have both seen great results...... from what you have listed here, I would say your onto a great start - however that depends alot on your goal - lose weight, tone up, build size and strength etc..... most people (in general) want to lose some weight (not all, but a lot on here), and one thing to bear in mind with any search for weight loss is you need to have a net burn or calories greater to what you consume...... HOWEVER in a healthy way that doesnt trigger starvation type response or similar (diets etc)....... its about a healthy balance.

That being said, your typical day is very very similar to mine.... protein shakes, bars, meal size/frequency etc. Except I am doing the weights and some pretty crazy cardio right now, so I cant say if that would work if your not doing the workout..... are you able to increase activity in some way such as more walking etc? If not i would suggest you reach out via the forum to someone who has been in that same situation (injury).... there was a girl on here who posted her before and after pictures......AMAZING results, i mean i was astounded on her physical transformation - you may be able to find her on the transformations pages from about 6-8 weeks ago and she had and injury so she used diet alone..... i would check with her too.

• Xyloman, thanks for the response.  I'm doing the weight training (well, you know, 2 days worth:), it's the cardio I'm having trouble with... I have an old back injury, and a recent foot injury that prevents me from bearing weight for an extended period.  I'm looking into a stationary bike, but haven't found one yet (that is reasonably priced).  

My goal is overall weight loss/fat loss (I'll probably be doing several of these 12-wk things to get to my long-term goal of 60lbs/scale weight), so I know the calorie deficit is important, but balancing protein/carbs is brand new to me.  I'm looking forward to the arrival of my book, which should be here in the next day or so.  Hopefully it will include options for cardio that are low-impact (I don't have a gym membership, so I'll have to improvise).

I am so psyched that you and your wife have had great results!  I am bringing my entire family into this with me (my husband and 2 children are heavier than they need to be, as well).  I've taught my kids my crappy habits, now I plan to teach them how to have healthy ones (and what better way, than by example?)!

Thanks again for your input.  There is an amazing support system here:)