May 2 : Calling all 45+ women to the challenge. Who's with me?

• hello everybody, i am back again with a vengeance. When i started the 1st of May I felt extremely tired, 0 energy, not interested in anything at all.Had some test done and turned out my hormones were off, my thyroid did not function well and my cholesterol a bit high. Saw a great doctor here in Mexico where I live, she specializes in alternative medicine, put me on a regime with natural products and a list of what to eat and what not and I am feeling great. Have worked out every day last week with weight and lots of , cardio, not much weight loss yet, but that will come soon, hang in there every body, good job!!!!!!

• I'm with you!  Good luck.

I just started the challenge today....June 1, 2011....43.. My first day at the gym in years...I've been doing cardio for the last several years and was fine...however, started losing muscle and now I have to hit the weights as everything is starting to droop and cellulite finally got the best of me.  Somehow I made it thru 45 minutes of lower body weights... uggg!

Since you have done this in the past do you have any helpful hints regarding drinking the protein shakes...anyway to make them taste better without adding a ton of calories?    I know they say real food is better, I just have a hard enough time eating 3 square meals, between work and kids...throwing in three more will be tough so I have to rely on shakes and bars...

• Welcome tinydancer_630.

How have the past two weeks on BFL been going?

I will often use Muscle Milk (vanilla) since it tastes really good and it's not too thick.

I also use Figure 8 (Arbonne) which is 20g protein / 20g carbs.  Tastes OK once you get used to it.

To make a shake taste better I sometimes throw it in a blender with a couple cubes of one or more of these:  frozen mango,  frozen strawberries, frozen banana, frozen blueberries.

To make a mocha shake I will often mix my chocolate shake with a shot or two of a half-caf double espresso (did you know that espresso has 1/3 the caffeine of a regular cup of coffee:  en.wikipedia.org/.../Espresso)

A splash of orange juice in vanilla might work too.

Anyone else have some ideas?

• How's it going ladies?  Would love to hear your reports.

I confess I fell off the wagon big-time.  I was working overtime for the past two weeks sometimes until 5:30 in the morning so I missed 2 weeks of gym and ate uncontrollably.  That just punctuates how lack of adequate sleep can really wreck eating habits.  I ended up gaining a pound.

Not to be daunted though, I am back on.  I am running a half-marathon in 14 weeks—the Rock and Roll Marathon in Philly.  I already signed up and paid a hefty registration fee along with a friend of mine so I can't back out.  And it's not like I have lost the muscle-work I have done so far.  That's a plus.

I have decided to go back to the beginning and really focus on my eating and getting enough sleep.

Yesterday, using the BFL plan on this website and mapped out my week of meals.  I then went shopping and am ready without any trigger foods in the house.

The one thing I will need to do differently is to change my aerobics day to a marathon training day which doesn't follow the HIIT program.

So, today begins week one!  Yay!

• Good luck with the 1/2 marathon training, that's a lot of work.  I had to go out of town-(we had 2 earthquakes on Monday which were pretty hefty to say the least!!  My son and I were crouching under the dining table and I thought the house was going to go this time.  We are in a 3 level flat with the living area in the middle, and it rocks like nothing on earth.  Makes you wonder how many quakes it can go through before real damage is done.  So, managed to stick to my diet (had a glass of wine Monday night!) and only missed a cardio on Tuesday mainly from lack of sleep the night before. We came home yesterday so I did my other weights session last night.  This is week 6 for me, so I want to be half way to my goals this weekend.  I had a lot of breakages in the house and the TV which had survived the previous 2 big earthquakes fell over on Monday....so life is a little quieter now.  

Just a thought for you, if you find it tough to get to the gym why don't you set yourself  up at home with some dumbbells and bench?  That's all I'm doing... my gym got closed in Feb due to the earthquake, but I actually find I am better at home in my routine and it   saves the travel.

Anyway good luck, great to hear your updates.  

Pam

Kia Kaha - Be Strong

• Hi, me again, where is everyone, hope you are all doing well.  If not, get on here for some support, it does help.

At the end of week 6 i was 300g off my goal weight for half way, so on track I think to get there.  I am waiting for the 8 week miracle to kick in (aren't we all)??  This weekend is end of week 8 for me, so I should be well into fat burning mode now.  

Come on everyone please share some updates or challenges you are facing, we are here to help and get over that finish line!

Kia Kaha - Be Strong

• At week 10 I was 59.8kg  that is a long slow hard jorney to below 60kgs!!!  I am just about at the end of week 11 now, and will have to have a break after week 12 before continuing on.   My body is asking for more food and rest!!  I have also had more of a craving for sugar this week, but having my son home for the school holidays doesnt help.  Have partaken in a few lollies and chips this week, but not overboard.  But they do make me want more.......   ONE LONG WEEK TO GO!  

Kia Kaha - Be Strong