Back to the Future Part II

• Hi All

Back in 2006 I did the 12 weeks and had some great results.  Life took over a little and after starting my own cafe business I lost time, gained weight and lost fitness.

Well today I'm back!  I live in Australia so I can't participate in the competition which is a shame but I found the forums gave such great support last time that I came here first.

I won't be starting for a couple of days proper as I have a sprained ankle and I real want to finish reading the book again and setting goals but in 12 weeks I WILL be letting you all see the results of what I achieve.

Look forward to hearing from you all as you under go his training as well..

Adrian

• Adrian,

Sounds like you have everything you need to have another successful transformation.....  the will and the book.

That is excellent that you are thinking about your goals and self-promises.

You are absolutely correct about the forum.  This is a great place to come for answers, guidance and inspiration.  

I started BFL in Oct 2009 and met a wonderful lady on the old guestbook from Australia.  She came to America last October to meet me and several other BFL friends.  Now I am planning to go to Australia in July to see her.  I have made many life-long friends thanks to Body for Life.

Check in often.  Don't hesitate to contact me if I can help in any way.

Laurie

Laurie, 2010 Body-for-Life Champion 46+

Never underestimate your power to change.

• Thx Laurie.

So today I finished the book and typed up my habits to change and my goals for the 12 weeks.  Ill share them later.

I also went through and selected the exercises I will do using my own gym equipment, I'm limited to Bench and Dumbbells at the moment.

12 Weeks fits nicely with me coming to LA in July, Class of 1991 High School Reunion in the best possible shape!

Adrian

PS Start working out on Tuesday with HIIT and then Upper Body on Wednesday...

• Terrific!  I did all my lifting with dumbbells and a bench so you'll be fine.  Try to change up your lifting exercise every few weeks to keep your muscles guessing.  There are several websites that can give you ideas.  I bought lots of workout books to use for ideas.

I had my 30th class reunion last summer.  It was awesome!  I was chubby in high school and was never asked out on a date by a single boy.  At the reunion, all the gymnasts and cheerleaders were chubby and I showed up in the best shape of my life with my HOT husband.  Guess I had the last laugh!

How's your ankle?  What are you doing for your HIIT?

• I started early...woke up on Saturday morning and just got started.  Didn't know how the first Upper Workout would go so kept weights light. Quickly realized I needed to up things a little but had a good workout. Have realized I need a 6km and 8KM weight, going straight from 5 to 7 to 9 wasn't working.

This morning I did a 12KM cycle ride, couldn't run because my ankle is sore.  The one change I make to the program is losing on of the HIIT runs.  I am a longer distance runner as well, not ultra but 10km to 15KM challenges.  So M, W, F I will do Weight, T and Th I do HIIT and Sunday I do a long run.

Oh and it's Easter so I had an Egg...No yolk but the no white...it was all slightly brown and chocolatey.....

• I just started running last July.  Since I have done several "by-the-book" challenges, I do modify the program a little.  I need a little variety at this point.  I ran a 10K race the weekend before last.  I have so much respect for all runners.  It is, without a doubt, the hardest form of exercise I have ever done.