STARTED 4/11/2011... ANYONE WITH ME?

• Hi

Can I join too?  I started on the 11th but I'm struggling with a lack of energy. Can't use the meal replacements, so it's a bit of a challenge to try and eat 6 meals.

Suitably aching though so must be doing it right I figure.

Good luck everyone.

• @ubagirl sure welcome and I understand the aching part lol, good luck to you also

• @JillyB

I believe my last "again" was two years ago. I actually can't believe its been that long! I had been doing bodyrock for awhile since then though but my diet has not been as good as it could be. especially after thanksgiving and Christmas, boy did that mess me up! when there is a ton of food every ware I just can't seem to stop myself from eating.  anyway I decided last week that I'm sick of wishing I could look like the girls in oxy mag and decided I was actually going to do it. I still like bodyrock but I also like the structure of BFL it keeps me on track and I know what I'm doing each day.

To motivate myself I cut out a pic out of oxygen mag of the body I want and put it in my binder. And when I go to run I put it up where I can see it so when I feel like stopping or giving up I look at that and remind myself of my goals. So far I think its helping. :)

Emily

• Welcome newcomers! We are about to hit our first free day this weekend! I hope that everyone is prepared- please don't make yourself sick with food...

For me, the "free day" is the toughest, believe it or not, because I don't want to overdo it. I have to keep telling myself "ok, I can eat this next free day if I want, don't wanna make myself sick." During my first challenge, I WAY overdid it on the first four free days and almost skipped my fifth because I felt so much better eating healthy.

@Emily- I, too, place inspiring pics of strong women on my fridge, on my phone, and sometimes on the bathroom mirror. My husband doesn't mind LOL.

-katiebugglet

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• You're right katiebug..There's no reason to overdo it..I think that's the beauty of the free days..We have always the next one, so we don't have to eat all at once..We just have to be reasonable ;)

MiiFit

• @jillyb

I HAVE to prepare my breakfasts on Sundays, otherwise I would not have the time to get them in every day. I cook six servings of protein oatmeal and I keep a box of Kashi GoLean in my pantry, just in case! I've heard of a lot of BFLers making their own meals and freezing them ahead of time for work. Usually for me, I make a meal and eat it for dinner for two or three days.

At the very least, take five minutes the night before and write down what you will eat the next day- this really helps me stay on track. I make sure I have all the ingredients I list and then I don't have to worry about it every time it's mealtime.

Just a suggestion. Hope it helps.

• @katiebug - I'm going to try what you do for your breakfasts!  I have limited time in the morning as well, but I've been able to make an egg white sandwich on ww eng muffin the past few days.  That can definitely get old fast though!  The protein oatmeal sounds like an awesome idea!  Thanks :)

Planning is key for me.  On Sunday's I will plan out my entire meal plan for the week using the progress reports.  That way I know what I'm eating, and I know what I need to get at the grocery store.  I find that if I don't do this it is much easier for me to fall off the wagon and not focus on my diet the way I need to for a successful challenge.  

I had a great upper body workout this morning!  I am so proud that I made it to the gym every day this week so far.  Only one more workout for the week and then a free day!  I can't wait for Sunday :)

Great job everyone so far!  Week one is almost in the books!!

• So it's day five of the challenge and I feel that I'm doing well. I've lost a pound so far. I have been consistent with my workouts and eating. I originally was going to make Sunday my free day, but I'm going to a girls night tonight with appetizers and wine, so I'm switching it today.  I had a muffin this morning at my kid's school function and I felt like I was ruining all my hard work for the week. It's a mental hurdle I have to get over. Even though it's a free day, I'm trying to keep it reasonable and going to eat well all afternoon before the party. I'm not going to weigh myself again until the end of week 2, but I already see my shape changing, awesome!

• @haberchic I did the same thing my first challenge, I ate McDonalds like two Big Mac's my first free day, after a couple of weeks of that I was so used to eating right through the other 6 days I started to eat correctly on my free day, however that was the day I did indulge in my beer during football on tv or playing golf. Keep up the great work!!!!

• @haberchic - Congratulations for your weight loss! Look, it's you're free day..Rest your mind..No worries..Don't think about it..Enjoy your party ;)  

You don't imagine how happy I am..I wish I had discovered BFL years ago..Until now, is everything excellent: nutrition, exercise, motivation...

Today's upper body workout was hard, but it worth it..

Sunday I'm going to see what the scale has to say about my effort ;)

• I started Monday, with the workout part of the program, anyway. I'd been eating high protein mini meals for a long time. Gave up alcohol altogether about two months ago (I was a social drinker on weekends).

Come visit my blog!

http://fittrac.blogspot.com

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you'll be right!

• I just finished my upper body workout and my right arm is twitching here as I write this! Must have worked hard shoulders are kind of weak I notice. Only a week now and it really is quite easy just to get down there every morning..consistency I think will be key to success. Feel tired must need more water I forget! Turned down Oreo cookies yesterday...progress!

• Hello BFL members, I too started my journey on the 11th. I had started going to the gym on the 1st of April, but this past Monday is what I consider my first BFL challenge. As I am now following the BFL nutrition guide. I weighted in at 177lbs this past Monday, but prior to that I was in the mid 180's. My goal is to be lean and strong by the end of this 1st challenge. Yesterday and today I feel like Bronco, my entire legs are sore from Wednesday lower body workout. I was debating on not to to my cardio yesterday, but felt if I missed it I would be behind and went ahead and did it. Made me feel much better, only shortly after I was done, as the soreness came back and a bit stronger this morning. I am looking forward for my upper body workout tonight, I'm doing my workouts at 800'ish in the pm. Have read here to waited it out for 2-3 hours after my 6:00pm meal. I will keep you guys posted on my progress and will definitely show my before and after pics when done.

Good luck to all and stay positive through this challenge!

• Hi I also started going to the gym on about the 1st but didn't officially commit to start the BFL  until the 11th. I began at a top weight of 194 and am down to about 190 now want to get down to about 164. What scared me was when I saw 200 lb closing in! NO WAY I had to do SOMETHING and am the kind of person where a organized program is what I needed - otherwise it is all justl wishful thinking. My goal is to be able to wear my size 36 Levi 501s and have room to spare..I don't think there was ever anything as HAPPY as wearing those old faded jeans with the knees out!

Best of wishes to you all on this journey together,

Carolyn in VERY rainy OR...wish the sun would come out! ;o)

• Gald to hear everyone is doing well!

@haberchic: like MiiFit said, don't stress if it's your free day. Have fun :)

@Isaia: I think there's a pretty good recipe for protein oatmeal on the "nutrition" section of the web page. I used stevia to sweeten mine

Hope everyone has a great free day. Mine's not until Sunday. Had a great UBWO today- curled 70 lbs, a record for me! Looking forward to a good HIIT tomorrow and then a relaxing Sat night and a free Sun!

-katiebug