When expect weight loss??

• I've only been on BFL for a week and I know we shouldn't get caught up in the scale but I am wondering when I should see weight loss.  I worked out 6 days a week prior to starting this but having a menu is exactly what I needed!!!    If I don't see weight loss on the scale when should I see it in my pictures (i.e., every 3 weeks etc).

Thanks.

Bet

• Hi Bet:

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is the perfect body.  You should see changes in pictures and on the scale when your body is ready to produce those changes.  We are all different and seem to lose fat/gain muscle at different times throughout the process.  For me, I didn't notice any difference at all until after week 8.  Weeks 10-12 was when I saw the most significant changes.  I worked out more before BFL than I do now, and was in worse shape.  Just keep eating clean, make sure all your workouts count, especially those HIIT's to burn that stubborn fat, and the rest will fall into place.  Please don't rely on the scale and do not be impatient.  One week is far too early to be questioning any part of the program at all.   For reference, I took pics every 2-4 weeks.  In my four week pictures, I saw zero changes.  In my eight week pictures, I saw a tiny bit of change.  In my 10 week pictures, I definately saw some changes, and in my 12 week pictures...those told the true story...huge changes.  

Be true to yourself and enjoy the journey.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Hey thanks for your reply.  I know I need to be patient.  To be honest I can fit in my jeans better already so I should be excited.   I wasn't questioning it yet believe me.  I really like the menu on this diet so it seems to good to be true to me.

Since you worked out prior to starting BFL, what types of changes did you make to your workouts (i.e., increase weights, increased speed?    For me I increased my speed when running and my knee swelled so I am a little worried about that because I might need to stop running.  I am seeing an ortho this week.  I think my knee needs to be drained.     However I must say the increased speed via intrevals was exactly what I needed.

Thanks for taking your time to respond.

• Hi Bet:

I used to work out Mon-Fri doing weights and following that up with steady state cardio.  I spent about 2 hours at the gym every day.  Once I started BFL, by the book, I was only at the gym for 30-40 minutes on cardio days (I would warm up, cool down & do abs on this day), and then at the gym for about an hour on weight days.  I know I was overtraining and not giving my body time to rest between workouts.  Cutting back on the amount of days I lifted, but making the days I did lift really count by lifing as heavy as I could, and doing the HIIT workouts, and really pushing those 10's made all the difference in the world.  I had never pushed my body to perform the way I did when doing my challenge.  I am so sorry to hear about your knee.  I hope it turns out to be fine, and that you haven't incurred any type of damage that will set you back.  However, there are still other options like the elliptical and bike, and even swimming, if you are unable to run.  Remember, 80% of the puzzle is diet, and that is a really important part to get control of.

Best wishes to you.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"