Q2 Crew, Starting Sunday April 3rd!!! Ready To Rock?!?!?

• Helloooo!

Had a GREAT LBWO this morning preceded by 15 minutes of moderate cardio.  Thinking about going back tonight for some HIIT, but it's over 90 degrees here, and I might just choose to stay cool and do housework in the AC instead.

Down another pound as of this morning, but I'm still not satisfied with my progress.  The husband and i talked and have said that for the next challenge, we really need to work on our nutrition and get a solid break down of what we should be eating (i.e. percentage of intake that should be protein, carbs, fat, etc.)

I will admit that it has been fun flexing in the mirror (I have shoulders again!  Calves and thighs, too!), but I'll be happier once the fat starts to go away so I can actually *see* the muscle definition instead of just feeling it.

On a side note, I'm looking for a decent (but not too expensive) heart rate/pedometer watch thingy... does anyone have any suggestions?

Hope everyone is doing well... keep it up, Bride!  And thanks for the yogurt tip, Hawk (and the cottage cheese tip, Jessica) =)

• Just finished my UBWO. Squeezed it in between summer school and a visitation I have to go to later. We'll see if it's cooled off enough for a walk when I get back. We've been at near 100 for the past 3 days. Rain is supposed to move in tonight and drop us to the 70s. Sounds good!

I have a Polar F11, but it has more stuff on it than I need. You can get cheaper ones that mainly tells calories burned. That's all I really need.

Have a good one!

• TEAM!!1H bride Kris, good job keep it going.. Just checking in LBWO done!! One of the best Ive had to date!! pushed new weights in my squat and my stiff legged deadlifts.. been doing myotactic crunches for my abs and DAMN!! it hurts soo good.. I have been doing them using and 8lb and 12 lb medicine ball... GET R DONE CREW!! 50th state OUT!

• Good morning team!! KW, wearing my heart rate monitor has made a big difference for me in getting a more acurate read on calories burned.  I also have a Polar, they make various models. If you're looking for just a pedometer to count steps most sporting goods stores carry them (even your local bookstore sometimes if they have one of those fitness kiosk areas.). Hooray for the results in the mirror!!! It all starts in the inside and eventually you see it...it's the waiting that's so hard :) Kim, glad your weather is cooling down, we're in the upper 90's now too and it's a bit HOT!

So today is my birthday and I celebrated by getting in a great workout and then getting my vent iced soy latte at Starbucks :). Island, I'm laughing because one of the cards I got is a hoops&yoyo taking card that says, "Happy Birthday...or as they say in Hawaii, humu-humu-nuko-nuko-apo-ah--h!" which is apparently the name of a fish but that's the only Hawaiin word they know :) I'm still laughing!!

AND...as another  birthday present, I'm down another pound...so that's 17 if it holds!!! Definitely the sodium watching having an impact there but I really do feel so much better, so guess I was kinda heavy on the shaker :)

Everyone have a great day!!!

• Happy Friday all!! Ok, sorry if I'm hijacking the thread!!  Down some more this morning, in another half pound I'll be at 20lbs down.  So....that tells me that my sodium levels were really high before I started monitoring (for example, my favorite "healthy" breakfast had 900mg alone!!!!) AND that dropping the calories a little bit and upping the workouts is getting me over the plateau that was in place for what felt like forever.  Jessica, I'm experiencing the same thing...with less sodium in the diet I'm not as hungry nor do I have the cravings.  My guess is that the "hunger" had actually been thirst, even though I was drinking so much water (at least a gallon a day) it wasn't going through my system, the sodium was hanging on to it.  Very interesting!!!

Of course tonight will be a free meal at an Indian restaurant so we'll see what that does :)

• Hi there everyone

How is the Q2Crew doing!!!

I hope this dosen't  afend anyone!! its just a joke that I got in my emails. And I had to share with everyone.

Hope its a good laugh for everyone.

A teacher's story about StutteringA teacher is explaining biology to her 4th

grade students.

"Human beings are the only animals that stutter,' she says

A little girl raises her hand. 'I had a kitty-cat who stuttered.'

The teacher, knowing how precious some of these stories could

become, asked the girl to describe the incident.

"Well," she began, 'I was in the back yard with my kitty and the

Rottweiler that lives next door got  running start and before we knew it, he jumped over the

fence into our yard!'

That must've been scary,' said the teacher.

'It sure was,' said the little girl.

'My kitty raised her back, went "Ffffff!,Ffffff!, FfffffF,"

but before she could say '***-off !,' the

Rottweiler ate her!

The teacher had to leave the room.

• Morning everyone!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY BFLBRIDE, you are getting deeper into the 40's and I think you're gonna LOVE it!.  WOW, I'm so happy to hear about the loss, that should be very motivating, it has been for me!  If I had only realized what that sodium was doing all those years.....I could have been ripped back then LOL.  Keep it up, you will not be dissappointed!  

Ok, so I had another idea on the cottage chez.  I did found and bought the no sodium 1% Fat cc and it only has 70 g per serving, so I am going to use it and then add just 1 T of the regular breakstone, then I'm hoping to eventually just use the no soduim.  But I have to admit, I like that little bit of salt in my cc.  But now when I taste my old brand, WOW is it salty.  

So, now I'm down another 1 this morning, after the 2 last week, so now I'm at 111 lbs. (never ever seen this number in my life), which is down 19 since 1/7/11, and remember only 5 came off in the first 12 weeks.  I contribute 100% to my nutrition.  It has been spot on, and when I do have a cheat, it's really just increasing my calories a little bit wtih the natural peanut butter (low sodium of course) that is my new cheat, can't live without, favorite.  I think yesterday I had 4 T, but it really satisfies my hunger like nothing else.  Today I'm taking photos and will post.  I'm really going to start focusing more on glutes, hamstrings, and abs, they need work.  Bflbride - I'm anxious to hear about your cellulite remedies, cause I'm still seeing some hanging around and it's bugging me.  I have a far infrared sauna, I try to use it 4 times a week, and it is said to reduce cellulite, and I know that to be a fact because last year I had almost 0.  Another reason not to put this weight back on again, as it comes back 100% fat.  I also use a seascrub in the shower after my sauna.  All that scrubing just swells the area to soften the appearance, I know it's still there though.

KW and Hawk- wow, sounds like you guys are in a sauna with your weather :)  Be careful in that heat, yikes!  I also used the Polar HR monitor for a while, it really just help me understand my own body and now I don't have to use it anymore, I pretty much know when I'm at my 10.

Hey Island and AnneB - so glad you are still hear too!  Our group is shrinking and it bumbs me out! Sounds like you WO's are spot on Island, keep it up!  When we all get skinny we're comin to Hawaii!  :)

• Hi everyone!  I am still here - at least in spirit!  I read your posts every day, just lack the time to actually post for myself.  WOs are going good, nutrition I think will contstantly be a work in progress for me.  :(  Don't get me wrong - still a huge difference from 10 weeks ago, but I could definitely fine tune my junk/sweet habit.  

Jessica - OMG, size 00???  I don't think my bones would fit into that size!  Great job!  You are such an inspiration!  What is your goal now?  Oh, and I've been trying out some of the pylometrics exercises and it does tear my body up big time.  I don't know how you do an entire class/WO with that!  I will try 1 minute intervals and it's so hard!

Bride - Thanks for the WO info a while back.  I've been trying the different suggestions for HIIT - mountain climbers just about kill me!  :)  But, that's good!  I'm glad you are getting over your plateau.  Hope you had a fabulous b-day!

Anne - Hope you are finding some ME time!  :)

Island Dude - What are mytactic crunches?  I'll have to look that up!  Not much gets my abs sore at this pint and I miss that "hurts so good" feeling!

Hi to everyone else - sorry to lump you all together, but I hope everyone is staying strong!  

As for me, I've officially lost 12 pounds so far (from 135 to 123).  I am stronger and can see some definition, and my clothes have got down almost 2 sizes, depending on the brand.  But, I'm not really satisfied.  I'd love to have a flatter belly and lose some of my thighs.  I have been so busy - end of school, soccer and T-ball seasons for my son, his birthday (party tomorrow!), and my baby was pretty sick for a good 3 weeks, which has resulted in her not sleeping well again at night, thus I am not getting much sleep.  I have not missed any of my WOs, but I think some of my problem is my body is just not well rested like it should be (about 4-5 hours of interrupted sleep/night!).  I've been beating myself up over my nutrition slip-ups, too.  Anyways, that's my little vent - sorry!  We leave for Maui on July 3 and while I don't look like the pictures on the inside cover of the BFL book, I do feel better and will keep this up!

• Oh, another question for you sodium watchers - what is a "good" amount to aim for?  Thanks!

• Hey tracey The "myotatic" crunch [

The myotatic crunch weighted

The video shows him using a dumbbell I just like to use the med ball instead

• Hi all!  Good to hear from the crew :). Had a great bday dinner Friday night....Indian food and champagne :) yum! Last night celebrated again with family, but just had small piece of cake...was on track with nutrition rest of day.  So those are my 2 free meals for the week! Was hard though with the sodium - can tell that makes a difference and with the restaurant food there was definitely lots added.  Tracy, the American Heart Assoc recommends 1500mg/day or less.  I believe Jessica kept it at 1,000/day for her Vegas challenge; I've been keeping mine in the 1100-1300mg.  It's not easy :) but it is worth it!! Start reading labels and you might be really surprised at how much you're taking in just in basic staples...I was!

And congrats on your weight loss, 12 lbs is no small feat!!!! Nutrition is the hardest part - our environment is stacked against us in that regard.  You really do have to plan,plan, plan and then stick to it. Keep working it, it gets easier and becomes more of a habit.  Today I still feel a bit of my free meal hangover in terms of bloating and just not feeling my best. It also makes me more tired, and that makes me want to go for carbs!! But I'm learning to recognize that and am sticking to my plan because that's the only thing that will actually make me feel better. The carb craving will pass, so as we've said, one decision at a time...and I'm choosing to ride it out and not undo all of the good work I did last week :)

Jessica, can't wait to see your pix, so cool!!! And I hear ya re:  cellulite, there is no "remedy", really all you can do is lessen the appearance...! I do the scrubbing thing too, but am interested to see if the kelp supplement makes a difference....!

Everyone have a great day!

• Happy Belated Bday! Sounds like you had a great celebration!

Nutrition has been pretty darn good for me. I need to ramp up the workouts. I'm teaching summer school and still busy as ever so I haven't gotten them all in. When I lost lots of weight before I had to add quite a bit of cardio. Long sessions of steady state really helped drop the weight. The scale is moving down little by little. You guys are all having great success. Good job!

• HEY BRIDE HAPPY BELATED BDAY TO YOU!!!!

• Hi everyone, thanks for the bday wishes!! Felt good this morning to  get in a great workout - especially after the weekend and free meals :) Did a lot of driving too, so about 10 hours in the car between Saturday and Sunday...blah.  But all good, beautiful day here and happy with my progress so far.  Have learned a lot about what works for my body and feel like that knowledge will help speed up my results.  And yep, the nutrition does have to be spot on :)

Two weeks to go til the "end" of this challenge!!! I will be rolling right into the next one, no AR given the wedding goals :). Nine weeks before the DRESS WILL FIT :) would like to drop quite a bit more body fat, especially in the tummy and hip area!!!

Stay strong everyone, homestretch here we come!!!!

• You're going to look fabulous in your dress when the time comes!

I got a good ST workout in just now. Legs feel like jello and that's a good thing!

Nutrition is on the money. I want to make good progress in the next 2 weeks so I'm on a roll when vacation comes.

Keep up the good work team!