2nd DAY.....AND READY TO QUIT

• I'm so frustrated with myself!! I have no motivation at all!! This is day 2 and all I can think about is soda and sweets!! I'm not even hungry because the meals are filling me up.....I just can't quit thinking about my addictions.  Then when I cheated, I felt like I should just quit and restart at another time--but I keep doing that and never stick to anything.  CAN YOU TELL I'M NOT HAPPY?!?  I think to myself how I feel around healthy people, and how I want to be the one that helps other people get started......but another part of me wants to just sit at my desk with my fountain coke and left over valentine's chocolate!  HELP!!!

• Why do you want to do this? do you feel you are over weight? to find that special someone? You have to want something really bad in order to make a change!

• Re-read the CROSSING THE ABYSS in the BFL book

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• I had recent blood work that the doctor said was too high.  He said to loose a little weight and start exercising or I will need some medicine..  I'm already married, so I'm not looking for someone special.  

Really, I just want to change my life and live healthy.  I'm a little guy, so I have always wanted to bulk up and just be proud of my body and the changes I could make.  To look at me...I look like I'm fit and in pretty good shape, which I think makes this harder.  But, I'm not healthy and need to change!  I have had such a headache and felt soooo tired yesterday and today.  Why is this?  I'm following it exactly.    

• Totally agree with BryanL!  Was exactly what I was going to suggest.  

I know YOU can do this, but YOU have to WANT to do it.  

• Well, you are basically detoxing from junk.   Really, and if you had caffeine involved it's going to be even worse.

• Man, I was up to like 6 or more sodas a day!! That's why I'm like going nuts! lol

• Nothing worth having is easy. I can tell you from experience that the rewards far out weigh sacrifice. One of my favourite quotes is "A man does not realized how valuable his health is until he loses it".  You have to choose how you want to live your life. You know what's good and right. All the best to you.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Thanks fit4life....I think I was having a breakdown and now I'm seeing more clearly.  I just have to resist the cravings and keep going.......I'm not giving up that easy.  Good quote!! Puts things in perspective.

• I love the sweets!  With that being said- I am constantly repeating to myself- "Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels!"  You will get over the hump and when you do you will never want to go back to consuming the stuff!  For me- it was around week 3-4!  And I will say too- if you choose to (and you can) have a treat on free day- the cravings will come back!  So really its all about self-control, discipline, and moderation.  If the cravings are too much to bare, I would suggest eating other unauthorized foods instead of sweets on your free day!

Laurie

• Sugar withdraws are not fun but you will get over the hump if you continue. DON'T GIVE UP!

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• OK Sugar seems to be the issue, I hope you've cut back on the 6! that's a lot.. anyways try sparkling water, without flavor, every time you want a soda reach for one of these, they have carbonation like a coke but it's just water! trust me it helps.. a lot of times what we like is the carbonation in our mouths. Then you have to get rid of all chocolates, sugar foods etc, throw them away, if you don't like to waste put them in the office hallway and let others eat them.

If you crave sugars, have it in the form of an apple, banana, grapefruit juice etc avoid all other processed sugar...

You can do this! I gave up drinking beer, now that's hard to overcome LOL

• Thanks everyone!!!! I feel motivated again. Very positive feedback!!

• Hey Nathan,

Day one for me and this is not easy, but you can't focus on the "now".  Engage your "Future Vision" and think about the ripped, strong, sexy body you're going to have in 12 weeks...OR LESS!   Put on some your favorite motivating music, crack-it and get busy.  Then, take a candy bar in your hand and and crush it with your strong, muscular hand and throw it in the trash, don't even give it that junk to anyone else...they don't need it either.  REMEMBER, you have a FREE DAY coming up soon.

I hope that helps,

Tim

• Sure does! I feel better now, just had a little breakdown earlier! I'm not quitting and will look back on this day when I'm @ the end of my 12 weeks!! Thanks, Tim