Start Date Feb 28th. Destination Summer!

• OK, so glad to see everyone is on board.  Let's make sure we ALL make it to the finish line. I think for me at least, it is important to realize you may not be "perfect" every single day for the next 12 weeks.  But just keep going, just pick yourself up and keep going....

I LOVE the "Ace in the Hole" concept, and will surely put that to good use.  And I also have a question for "A" -- how did you pull up Emily ALvers 4-week meal plan?  I just found her Success Story, but not a meal plan....  Thanks.

Out shoveling snow this morning, good cardio, but not enough for today's exercise -- will jump on treadmill later.  Did "arms" yesterday, felt great.  Let's see how great we feel after 6 more days!

WTW

• WTW,

I actually found her meal plan via her website www.emilyalvers.com.

It is listed under the section "blog" as well as a god eats guide and a shopping list.

Hope this helps!

A

• Hey All!  I'm in!  Starting tomorrow actually.  This is my 3rd attempt at a Challenge - so I know I need lots of support.  I want to join your group because I see that a few of you have already finished at least one challenge an I think your previous experience will be very helpful and motivating.  I'm a 37 y/o mother of 2.  I want to set a good example for my children and I want to have the energy and confidence to play sports with them this summer.   Thanks all!  Best of luck to all of you on your first day!

• A

Planning and preparation are IMO the key to success of the 12 week challenge.  I plan every meal of the next  week on Friday before I got shopping Saturday morning.  That way my house is only stocked with foods to make meals with. It's amazing how not bringing home junk makes it easier not to eat it. ;)

Obviously if you have a spouse or kids or both this is harder to accomplish, but even still, knowing you have the food in the house to make your meals makes it easier to stick to the plan. I know some people here cook in bulk on their free day for the next week. They will cook up say all the chicken breasts for the week and freeze them making meal time quick and easy,

Another tip I can give that helped me was using this site. For those of you using the Success Journal, which I recommend to everyone! I make it a part of my daily power mindset to come and post here everyday. To encourage and help others when ever possible. I also post to my blog daily for the same reason. I find writing my thoughts down daily helps to keep me focused on the task at hand. Have a spectacular day everyone!
  • Welcome aboard Nancy! Great to have you with us.

• Hello, all!  This is my first posting, and day 1 of my first BFL challenge.  I am usually hesitant to join online bulletin boards like this, but as I sit here fighting junk food cravings, I realize that it's time to ask for support & join a community of folks who are in this together.  Thanks for sharing your stories...they're really inspiring, and I look forward to sharing this journey with you!

I was reasonably healthy & fit as a young person...now in my later 30's, I am not.  I went back to school a while back, and with the busy schedule, I gave myself a free pass to stop exercising & eat whatever.  Five years later, I don't think I can use that as an excuse anymore, and I've had such trouble getting motivated to get back into a healthier lifestyle.  For many reasons, it feels like it's time to make that happen, and I'm grateful to have found BFL and a group to go through the next 12 weeks with!

• Welcome aboard waterlily!  I don't officially start my challenge until tomorrow.  But I can share what has helped me with my cravings in the past.  An ice cold glass of water and some sugar free chewing gum.  Then making sure I put my mind to something else.  In a few moments, I have forgotten all about that craving!  Hope that helps!  Stay strong!  I have heard others say that they make a list of the things they crave during the week and then eat those foods on their free day.  Good Luck!

• BCBill ~

I just went to your blog and am so impressed with your commitment.  

Today is my first day on the 12 week challenge.  I am re-reading the book and thought I would join your group since everyone seems to be starting around the same time.

I have a few questions that I am hoping someone can answer.

What is the Success Journal?  I have read the book and don't remember coming across this in the book.

Also, what does HIIT stand for?

Any support is appreciated.

Thanks.

• Hi 1slimmom

The Success journal is a book  that has all 84 days laid out for you. Each day has the food journal and workout journal for that day and an inspiring story. As well it has some other things that are very helpful to really giving the Challenge your all. Here is a link for it on Amazon

www.amazon.com/.../0060515597

Now, you can down load all the journal pages for meal planning and workout here and create your own book. I just find it convinent to have it all laid out and I like the extra stuff.

HIIT is High Intensity Interval Training. It is the cardio method proscribed in the BFL book. Instead of doing steady pace cardio, it lays out a method where you increase and decrease the intensity of your workout in intervals.

Welcome aboard!

• Great -- Thanks for the information.  I did download the pages and printed them all for week 1 so I can keep track of my workouts and meals.  I may still order the Success Journal just to have it all in once place.

I thought the HIIT stood for that, but wasn't sure if I was correct or not.

I am very excited about this challenge.  So far today has gone very well for me.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again.

• I'd like to join in please, I'm starting today.

• I am in, I started on Monday as well

• Welcome aboard djbeth and Steve. The more the merrier!

How is everyone this fine Tuesday morning? I had a great LBWO yesterday. Total jello legs afterwards. Been awhile since I really worked my legs hard and pushed them. Should be a fun run this afternoon!

How is everyone's nutrition going? Pretty soon, those of us that have the sweet tooth are going to get the sugar cravings. Gotta be strong, drink lots of water, go for an evening walk, go brush your teeth. They will pass in a couple days.

Has everyone taking their measurements and a picture? I know the picture can be hard to see, but having that around to look at really helps the motivation. Also, the scale is the devil. It will jump around sometimes, and sometimes not move at all. If you get caught up in the scale and it adversely affects your motivation, don't get on it for at least the first month. I found taking regular measurements, even in weeks the scale didn't move much really helped. I could see the changes on the tape and feel them in how my clothes fit.

Remember your are setting the ground work for later changes. It takes time for your body to get fired up. Even if you don't see the changes on the outside the inner changes ARE happening. Many people don't see things start to really get going until weeks 8-12.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

• A:  Thanks for the inform on Emily Alvers yesterday, that was helpful.  She did a great job, now didn't she!

For me, I find nighttime eating is my biggest hurdle.  Come home from work tired and drained, and despite my best intentions often just don't feel as motivated as I was in the morning, to cook up a nice dinner.  So, I have decided I have to have pre-cooked dinners during the week, perhaps even occasionally cook a nice dinner in the morning when I am full of "zip" and then reheat it at night.

Exercise going well, love the treadmill.  For those of you not used to running, just give it a try, eventually you will suffer less, and even love it!

Welcome to all.  We are a team!  Go team!  Have a great day ....

• WTW, no problem! I find having a meal plan laid out for me with BFL approved macros has been a great asset so far.

I actually don't have the BFL book so I'm kind of at a loss as to what the UBWOs and LBWOs are supposed to entail. Today, I actually took a 60min spin class at 6am instead of lifting, which gave me 2 days of cardio back to back. The spin instructor had us complete a ride with many hills and sprints worked in--I feel like I hit a couple of 10s. Hopefully, I can find more info online on the wight training workouts. If not, I'll take a BodyPump class at the gym tomorrow (which is more of a 60min full-body lift targeting legs, chest, back, triceps, biceps, shoulders and abs). I need to buy the book!

BCbill, I am definitely one of the "sweet tooth" people you described above. Not giving in to the sugar monster will be one of my biggest hurdles, as will re-learning proper portions. I think the biggest change I'm facing right now is that up until yesterday (!) I had been a vegetarian for almost 2 years. Following Emily Alver's plan to a T, I had chicken and fish yesterday which was so weird. I also ate cottage cheese which I've never been a huge fan of. But these are all sacrifices I'm willing to make in order to follow the plan, up my protein intake and get lean!

Hope everyone is having a great Day 2!

A