Starting 2-14-2011: who's with me?

• Good morning all!

I also started on February 14, but have since had my BFL partner give up!  You are a very supportive group and I am excited to be on the same path as you.  Today is my LBW and I am excited for that.  I missed last weeks last LBW due to incredible soreness from my cardio!  So, I am looking forward to being back on track.  Also, I have my Free day on Saturday since we eat out more that day.  Sunday is usually pretty easy for me to cook at home and I usually have more time to do so.  

When it comes to food, my trick is to find items that are good for you that also taste fantastic!  So far I have made homemade chicken fajitas, steak with green peppers and onions over whole wheat pasta, grilled chicken breast with artichokes and green olives over rice (yum!), and the Hawaiin pita pizza BFL recipe.  Tonight I am making ground turkey breast taco salad-I use 99% fat free ground turkey breast for any meal that usually uses ground beef and has lots of spices.  Also, another trick I have learned is to cook twice as much as needed for the night meal and take half to work for lunch the next day.  

• Checking in.....

Had a great HIIT workout this morning; always have to do a minute of "5" before I can do the last "9" and "10." Veggie burgers for dinner, with a huge salad and 1/2 apple on the side.

Good luck, all.

-katiebug

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• Good morning bloggers!  Yesterday was fantastic!  I love lower body since that is my strength.  I have been making some pretty good dishes too.  My partner is not as good at exercising but we bought new bikes and I'm getting him to ride more and faster.  I

I found that I can take a can of tuna and mix it with veggies and plain greek yogurt for lunch.  Filling and healthy.  I add a lot of spices.

I also make the breakfast casserole on Mondays and we take it for breakfast most days that week.  Very easy.  Planning is the key to staying on track.  I've finally lost 4 pounds and if I can lose a couple a week, I'll be very happy.  That would almost put me at my goal weight by the end.  

Keep up the good work and keep on blogging.  It is truly inspirational.

• Good morning bloggers!  Yesterday was fantastic!  I love lower body since that is my strength.  I have been making some pretty good dishes too.  My partner is not as good at exercising but we bought new bikes and I'm getting him to ride more and faster.  I

I found that I can take a can of tuna and mix it with veggies and plain greek yogurt for lunch.  Filling and healthy.  I add a lot of spices.

I also make the breakfast casserole on Mondays and we take it for breakfast most days that week.  Very easy.  Planning is the key to staying on track.  I've finally lost 4 pounds and if I can lose a couple a week, I'll be very happy.  That would almost put me at my goal weight by the end.  

Keep up the good work and keep on blogging.  It is truly inspirational.

I made a notebook for my partner and I with each day already posted onit.  Eating on one side and workout on the other.  It has made record keeping very easy.  I even put suggestions for food on the eating charts.  I get up at 5am on weight lifting days and go in the garage.  I have a universal machine.  It really helps not to have to go to the gym.  On aerobic days I either ride my bike, or do Zumba when I first get home.  THat way I don't sit down.  

• Welcome Stasia!  Reading your post made me hungury! Steak with green peppers and onions over ww pasta....yum.  

I am glad to be back home and able to work out in the morning.  It really starts the day out great.  If I am getting up at 5am to workout, it really makes me want to stick to the eating plan.  I like to make a larger portion than needed as well, then I freeze it for the next week if need be.  I do this all the time when I fire up the grill...I will just grill some extra chicken breast that I can use later for various healthy meals.

Have a great day everyone.

NWM

• Morning Peeps!

Having a rough week but not giving up.  I started menopause last year (I'm only 42) and it is wreaking havoc on my body with all the various symptoms.  It's the reason I turned to BFL because I was feeling so weak and out of control of my physical body.  So this week has been my off week for emotions and eating and motivation.  I'm used to it coming like clockwork every month so I will just get through it and get on track.  I just seem to be extra hungry and less energy :(

I'm not going to let this get me down though; I signed on for life not for only 12 weeks so things are bound to come up and if I tell myself I've failed I'll end up exactly where I've been for the last 42 years...out of shape and out of control of my body.

It really helps to listen to everyone's journey and unload my thoughts here.  I really appreciate you guys!

God's blessings to everyone!

Mishy

• Wow must be the weekend...it's lonely in here :P

Not sure if I mentioned before but i joined Weight Watchers December 30 and lost 20lbs in the first 6 weeks.  I was quite happy to be losing steadily.  As I look over my weeks on my WW log I notice that I stopped losing weight when I started BFL.  I literally have not lost a lb since.  I was working out before but just doing weights at 3 X 10 reps.  I find this a bit frustrating and am wondering if I should just go back to what I was doing.  Get the weight off and worry about the shape of my body afterwards.  I have another 70lbs to lose.

I do notice that the amount of food I am given to eat in WW ends up being the same amount I eat on BFL which is nice because I can track my points and eating for both programs and see that I am following the guidelines properly.

I'm not sure what to do.  Being strong physically (in my strength each day) is priority one; losing weight is number two and creating a beautiful BFL body is third.

What do you guys think?

• Morning!  Mishy, I think whatever works best and also the plan you can stick to the best.  I like BFL becasue it is so easy to follow.  Now if I just had the willpower to do so!  I continue to have a hard time to get with the eating plan....kids wanted pizza last night and I could not resist!  Back to it again today, I need to make up for the damage I did yesterday.

• Mishy, don't be discouraged.  Congratulations on your success with WW already!  This is my first challenge, so I'm no BFL expert but I have done a lot of reading and what you're experiencing is not unusual.  I've said before here that I gain so much encouragement by reading the success stories.  You should read Michelle Simpson's story (bodyforlife.com/.../michelle-simpson) It took her more than one challenge, but she removed a total of 150 lbs off her body and has kept it off!  You said your first priority was to be strong, so you are going to be building muscle lifting more than 3lbs.  Muscle weighs more than fat, and takes up less space than fat.    Then, that muscle you're building is going to increase your metabolism so that you are burning more fat and will lose weight, which you state as your 2nd priority and that muscle will also cause you to reach your 3rd priority.  There's also a book called "body for life for women" that you might like if you've not seen it.  

You are not seeing a decrease on the scale because you are working on your top priority!  Keep it up for the 12 weeks and let's just see what happens.   There are countless other stories of (especially) women who saw NO change until after the 8th week.   There's a blog about it on this website.  You've already made it 3 weeks, and you said the eating part is essentially the same, why not do something different than you did with WW like follow the plan with the exercise and see what happens.   There are also countless of other stories from people who tweaked the program to what they felt was best for them and they all stated they did not get the results they had hoped for until they followed the plan to the letter.  Read Jessica - MightyMax, she just finished with incredible results, and she had done BFL her way prior without yeilding results like she hoped for.

NWM - just pick up where you lack and don't beat yourself up about it.  As far as children go, I sat mine down before beginning this and told them I needed their support.   I told them I wanted to do this to be a better mom and to feel good about being active with them, etc, etc.  I explained to them how I would be eating and they eat what I eat for dinner.  I also told them we aren't going to go out to eat unless it's one of my free days or unless it's a place that can fit into my plan on another day.  So far, we've saved going out to eat for the free days.  It's actually been a good thing I discussed it with them because they ask me almost every day how my workout was or how my "diet" is going.   I correct them that it's not a diet, but a nutrition plan ;)   Hope that helps you.  

• Thanks Catlinder!

I do know BFL works.  My friend lost 70lbs in 3 months on the program.  I just can't remember the progress she had or when it showed up.  I just remember her being my size one day and super thin and fit the next.  Guess that goes to show how fast 3 months go by ;)

I will keep at it.  I'm setting small goals for myself like getting in ALL my water each day.  Something I struggle with greatly.

I'm also going to do one week of cardio in the morning.  It's going to take a major commitment from me as I already get up at 5:15 but I want to see if it makes a difference.  I've already figured out how I can use the steps on the side of my house to do the intervals.  They increase gradually with little platforms in between so I know where my 5-10 are for stop points.

I am committed to this and seeing it through I guess sometimes you just need to vent your frustration so you can move on.

I love the way you talked to your kids ;)  My son is 17 so he either eats what I make or makes something for himself.  So far the only person keeping me off track is me :P

NWM...just keep going.  I had pizza thursday night (I get to blame mine on hormones).  We learned these eating habits over a long period of time...going to take some time to relearn new behaviours.

God bless!

Michelle

• That's great Mishy :)   I wish I had some steps with platforms like that -- that's pretty cool.   I get up at 5:00 and do my workouts.  It's the only time of day I can work it in.   I have to go to bed earlier than I used to, but it feels so good to have it done and I find that I am less tempted to eat something I shouldn't or to eat more than my allotted portions.  According to the BFL book, if you want to maximize on weight loss they recommend you work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and then not eat for one hour afterwards.  Says you burn calories in that hour afterwards and overall burn 300x more that way.  

I do happen to use the scales, although a lot of people on here recommend to only weigh every 4 weeks, but to check your progress by your inches.  I have lost minimally, but can already tell a difference in my pants.  Before, the button could've come loose and put someone's eye out from the velocity that would've been behind it :)  .....now, instead of losing an eye, maybe they would just get a little pink mark on their skin. HEEEEEE!!!!   Raise your glass of myoplex lite.....Here's to loose britches!  

• Hola a todos!

Today is my free day! I've learned, though, from the past challenge to not overdue it. For the forst half of the day I eat clean, and then after about 4 I start taking little bits of things I missed that week .Today I had a Cadbury egg, yay!

Anyway, I see that some people have been makinig some lifestyle changes to fit the program. Glad you're feeling good about yourselves. Me, too!

Hang in there, week four coming up fast (1/3 of the way through)!!

-Katiebug

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• Hello all, had a much better day.....up at 5am and had a great LBWO.  Tororrow will be my free day (fat tuesday, I am catholic), but the rest of the week will be great!  I really feel like I am ready to take a big jump in my plan!  I am again thinking about starting over, but will not as it would feel like a step back.  Thanks for the support everyone.

NWM

• NWM....just don't give up BFL for lent!  haaaahaa!  kidding......

just keep on going - if you hit a bump in the road, don't let it make you lose momentum.  I read somewhere on someone's transformation story that they had kind of given up for 5 days and then snapped to and got back on the program - and whoever this was they were very successful.   Keep it up!

How's everybody doing out there?   I am voraciously hungry today!  I've not felt hungry at all up to this point except one day when I was travelling and didn't drink my water like I was supposed to because I didn't want to have to find a public restroom every 15 minutes.  I am hoping it's because my metabolism is increasing.   Woudn't that be nice?   Sticking with the plan, though.   Anyone else experiencing this?

• Hi all busy week, hard keeping up.

Been doing my workouts; had a great cardio last night.  Ran twice for a minute each time.  For me that's a marathon :P  Actually was quite easy and I wasn't dying by the time my minute was up.  I may make a runner out of me yet!

Foods been pretty good...some days no prob and others I'm so hungry I could eat a horse.  Does horse taste like chicken 0.o

I finally broke my three week plateau and lost 4 pounds!  Felt good to see a change on the scale.  Even though I know it doesn't matter...it still does :P

LBWO today!  Hoping to find my 10's!

God's blessings to all!  M