Starting 2-14-2011: who's with me?

• im drinking EAS whey protein, might have to consider the reload, as im alittle sore, but then i believe my body can recover in 4 days till next workout. I have noticed im alot stronger this time round, but its early on and im in for the long hall, thanks girlwonder for advice on the salad spritzers, will buy me some tonight

leg workout today, good, looking forward to better next time around

Meditatting alot on my mental toughness, pushing when i think i have nothing left.

• kcjohn,

If you do the HIIT sessions correctly and hit your 10's every time, you won't need any more cardio., Trust me, I screwed up my last challenge with too much cardio. Stick to the diet and weights, and your body will burn the amount of fat it needs to on its own.

I understand what you mean; I am a CARDIO JUNKIE!! ... and I always have been. Try the 3X a week HIIT and hit your tens, you WILL see a difference!!

-katiebugglet

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• Newphy - You can do this.  I was the same way.  It helps a lot to read, post and help others on the forums.  You'll get through.  I also started this week.  I was doing Feb 7th but didn't take my before photos and only did two workouts last week.

When you feel you are going to drop again just yell HELP! :-)

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• I did take my before photos on Sunday, 13 Feb., numbers, etc.  This is my 7th challenge.

• kcjohn - Katiebug is correct.  If you do cardio correct, you won't want to do more.  I do my HIIT on the elliptical so if you need an example let me know.  Here's a link to Emily Alvers blog http://emilyalvers.com/high_intensity_interval_training.html.  There you will find on the left side (scroll down) workouts for HIIT exercises using various avenues.  If you need a visual, you can see the video on HIIT on a treadmill below (it's done the same way on other machines).

• Yay!  I started 2/14/11 also!  Glad I have company and I can't think of a better Valentine's present then to love my body!

I've been doing Weight Watchers for 7 weeks and working out but I haven't been seeing the results I wanted... strength wise.  I tried BFL about 10 years ago but due to having fibromyalgia I just couldn't keep up.  I no longer suffer from fibro (pain free since 2008) so this time I'm ready and know I can not only finish but finish strong!

My sister joined the gym with me and isn't very organized to plan workouts so she's just been doing what I do...she's going to become a BFL champion if she likes it or not :P

I have a couple of questions that I'm not sure of.  I bought some myoplex lite bars and shakes today.  The bars seems to have a lot of ingredients in them that I wouldn't consider healthy.  Has anyone noticed any problems with weight gain from using these products?  I have 70lbs and about 20% body fat to lose so I need to be conscious of what I eat.

Okay here's my other silly question....why can't I eat the whole egg?  lol

So glad to be doing this and really psyched for success!  Praying we all reach our goals!

Mishy

PS....took my before pictures.  If I wasn't motivated before 0.0 I am now!

• Katie,

I can relate to the pain of getting to the gym and trying to take on the MMM challenge; mind, mouth,muscle....  The gym needs to be re prioritized because I have done okay with planning the meals and establishing the plan B so that I am not cheating.  I started on the shake (EAS) and reload yesterday but it all still feels really awkward.  So, let's do this and see how each day is only improving ourselves and becoming into our body for life!!

I am inspired to get into my car and drive my "I don't wanna's" away from me....  

The eating is a lot of work but I am sure it will be easier as time goes on.  Have an awesome day/night depending where you are and "let's do it!"

- Dianne

Alias Power.

• Mishy,

I was about to sign out and saw your post - you are funny and I know your sister can fight for the win but why not you?  Looking forward to hearing more about the bars and extras because I am new to all of the supplement stuff.

I found your comment about the pictures really funny because I keep telling my family that although they have not seen my photos I could motivate a country with what I saw!

Heading out and thank you for the Psalm!

Dianne

• Mishy - we don't eat the yolk because it has fat in it.  When eating, say 6 eggs, one of those eggs can include the yolk.

As for the bars, try not to include them daily as part of your meal.  I use them for emergency situations only like being out and about and can't get an authorized meal in.  I keep one on my purse all the time.

• Good UBWO this morning!  Took my reload and also some Whey protein and feel really full.  Meetings all day today so hope I can catch up with the thread later today.  Have a great day everyone.

• Good morning everyone!

Well day 4 and doing great.  No more headaches YAY!!!  I`m already feeling much more energized..Love reading everyone`s comments it really helps.  This is my first challenge and learning as I go.  My husband and I both started on Monday and I must say we are both motivated and focused.  It really helps that he is following BFL as we share the chore of meal preps.  Did my cardio this moring.  Thanks for the video kcjohn.  I did my first one manually and this morning i opted to do intervals with the built in program.  I will go back to doing it manually as the machine doesn`t do level 5-6-7-8-9 it seems to do level 7-8-then 7-8 and on.  

I have a question what is the reload product?  I havent heard of this...

Wishing everyone a fantastic day!!! :)

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.  ~Luciano de Crescenzo

• oops thanks to Sharon Wonder Woman for the video lol

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.  ~Luciano de Crescenzo

• Well it's my friday...so one more day of trying to figure out what to eat to keep my body nourished and I can enjoy a weekend of eating my own cooking in the way I like!  I made a shake for breakfast...hope I like them :o| and have my yogurt/cottage cheese for snack.  Will probably go to subway for lunch and get a veggie wrap with a bit of swiss cheese and loooooooooooots of veggies!  I've been prepared all week up until today when I realized my son found my cooked chicken stash o.0

No worries.  It's only the first week...it will only get better from here!

Have another question...on my 3rd day of cardio which turns out to be saturdays...can I go hiking or something for a longer period of time rather then doing the 20 min solution?  I like my outdoors activities and work up a good sweat...just don't think I want to do both on the same day!

Have a blessed day everyone and remember this isn't work...it's pleasure for our bodies and minds!

• xmichellex - Reload is the new name for Betagen.  Reload helps with muscle repair/soreness (you won't feel so much pain) and some people find that it helps them to lift through the weights easier too.

• Sharon--Wonder-Woman

Thank you :).  I will look into getting some.