2-7-11 THIS IS NO DRILL

• Hey guys!!! Matt and I are still going strong! We were out of town for a few days and couldn't get on the internet but have been reading your posts through emails! Looks like we are doing well! I am glad we are all still going strong!

Yesterday I tried to do HIIT while running outside. I had great success last week running indoors on the track so I got brave and decided to run outside on a school track... Man... 20+ mph winds are hard to run in!!! It drained me so quickly! I had a hard time changing levels but I think I did okay. I was just trying to take advantage of having to be at the track anyway while my daughter was training for her track meet this next week. Looks like I will go back to running inside! There is just something so amazing about running on a track! I don't know if I can explain it! You feel so free and in control instead of just going on the treadmill. Stupid wind!

I'll respond to a lot of you in a bit! I have to go marinate steak for dinner!!! yum!

• 6 weeks down. 7 lbs gone and the motivation is waning.... I think this rain is just depressing the hell out of me and it makes it hard to get out and run and bike.... I know should be in the gym on those rainy days but it so sucks! Urg! Ok thanks -I feel so much better now.

Life is an Adventure-Race it!

• 6 weeks down. 7 lbs gone and the motivation is waning.... I think this rain is just depressing the hell out of me and it makes it hard to get out and run and bike.... I know should be in the gym on those rainy days but it so sucks! Urg! Ok thanks -I feel so much better now.

Life is an Adventure-Race it!

• Well the end of week 6 and still going strong although I have to admit how tiring this is proving but I am detemined to continue with the program. Did a successful power walk/jog this morning in my local park and managed to better than I did last time. Will look towards pushing my efforts further.

• I bought Shawn Phillips book, "Strength for Life" at the dollar store the other day.  I was perusing it just to see if anything struck me.  The page I opened up to talked about focus and the mental part of your workout.  Really zoning into each rep.  So when I did my LBWO yesterday, I tried a new focus.  Especially on the release motion.  It was amazing.  I went a lot slower but really felt the resistance through both motions of the lift.  OUCH!

I feel like I am progressing quite a bit.  I finally bought some bars (like I used 9 yrs. ago) and pushing myself further.  My focus is a lot clearer.  Today is my day off and I really needed it.  My body is sore.  I am so happy to make it halfway!  I lost 2 lbs this week!  I am so thrilled!  

Let's keep on trekking through.  I feel the momentum and the payoff!  SHORTS AND TANKTOPS, HERE I COME!!!!!

Have a great weekend all!

DO YOUR BEST TODAY! 

• Hi all--

I tried running yesterday for cardio and coughed the whole time.  I couldn't finish, as how can one breath while coughing?  Today I went on the treadmill but only did a medium intensity workout by changing the incline every minute, but did 40 minutes.

I'm falling into a serious funk, depressed at how weeks 5 and 6 have been regarding my sickness and cardios.  I also got far into the DAve RAmsey book, I found the Total Money Makeover Workbook at my library.  I noticed he has a couple revised editions too, but my library didn't have those.  He hits the head right on.  Too hard.  Some of the problems in there don't apply to me, but others were exactly right out of mine and my husband's life and behavior...  It has really got me thinking.  And I'm totally freaking out.  I'm reconsidering everything-the supplements I buy, my gym membership, eating protein at every meal.  And things like how am I supposed to talk to my hubby about this? Body for Life is a piece of low-fat cake next to the changes required for a couple to agree on money matters and live within their means.  I just feel very lost right now and have this despair-feeling.

moxie--youasked how I did my numbers.  For cardios, I usually record what resistance level and speed I do for each level 6-10.  Then when I use that machine again, I try to match or top those same resistance levels and speeds. I feel so bad that you still have that sore throat!  

Congratulations to all of you that are doing great!

• There are many struggles in life, whether it's a physical challenge, an emotional one, or a need to self-discipline ourselves.  And sometime it seems life has become nothing but a large struggle.  One thing is clear - we give too little credit to ourselves for facing and overcoming resistance.  As exhausting as it may be, overcoming resistance is the only path to becoming stronger, physically, mentally, emotionally.

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• Hi, I'm here again.  Thx, Jacium, that was very profound and so true!! overcoming resistance...

I did my UBWO this morning.  I don't understand it, but I've still gotten all my weight workouts in this whole time, and am actually STRONGER while i'm sick and all this other stuff going on right now.  I'm still increasing my weights, not hitting failure as quick as I'm anticipating it.

I 'overcame resistance' and talked to my hubby today about some of the Dave Ramsey things I learned.  It went rather well!  He took it much better than I thought he would.  It's a step.  Now I hope he just remembers our conversation later when he wants to buy things we don't need.  And me too!  There's a LOT in info in his books, I'm a little overwhelmed.

Tomorrow I'm going to try cardio again.  Fingers crossed I don't hack a lung!

I found someone at work today that used to do BFL for a year!!  I need to talk to her some more when we're not busy.  I'm so excited to meet a real person in my area that I know who has done this!!!  She doesn't do it anymor though.  I have so many questions for her.

• Opti-I feel your pain with the DR stuff.  His books are really useful.  I do believe, just like BFL, that it takes a lot of preparation and you have to be ready for it.  The one thing I truly know about myself and most women out there is that we put ourselves last.  Not with BFL.  You need to put yourself first.  Spend money at the gym, the bars, etc.  (Unless you are in dire straits finacially)  You need to get yourself in the best shape of your life.  When you do that, other things will follow suit.  Somehow BFL gives us the mentality, the stamina, and the will power to push further in our lives. DR is so useful in showing us how to get there.  Check your insurance stuff, do you know where your money is going, create budgets, use cash, but FOCUS on BFL right now.  Don't feel guilty about it.  You deserve this.  You need this.  You are making yourself better!  You're warming up your self-control, your mental "game," and your self-esteem.  All of which you will need to do Dave Ramsey.  

Congrats on sticking to the workouts!  You are doing terrific.  Unfortunately, we can be our own worst enemies, add to that guilt for putting ourselves first, and then guilt for feeling guilty.  I'm really proud of you.  I hope you feel better very soon.

DO YOUR BEST TODAY! 

• Hello! Still here and everything is going great. Welcome to week 7!

• Optigirl -

I, too would have a lot of questions and would really like to know why your friend quit doing BFL after doing it for a year.  I sometimes wonder if I could ever quit it...but sometimes I also wonder if my body will hold together (cartilage, tendons, ligaments) well enough to do it for a many more years to come.  Seems we never have all the answers we would like to have!

My two year anniversary is in early April!

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• jacium--I talked to her today.  She did BFL for a year, but substituted walking every other day for her cardio, so she didn't do it right by the book.  Then life got in the way and she kinda stopped.  She had a friend that introduced it to her, and he was ripped and looked very good.  He, too, let himself go and got fat again.  Maybe I might get her interested back to it again?  I know it would work for me if I found out someone I knew was doing the same exercise plan as me and improving!

Thank you so much for your guys' encouraging words.  I should print them out and hang them on my bill box!

I survived cardio today, the stamina is still sucky, but I must have done something right 'cuz the cooldown minute after my high point, I was going so slow that the machine kept pausing on me!

i'm getting my focus back, similar to how it was during C1.  Yes, moxie, I have to get my body in shape NOW.  Then in the months to come I may or may not have my 2nd job teaching to go back to part time (I'm in Wisconsin and we had recent bill passed where the school lost lots of its funding).  If the job is there, I will be working 7 days a week all together and I would need my healthy habits to be in place and a healthy body to take on the challenge of putting so many hours in again.  I got burned out a year ago and lost ALL good habits, ate out every day, didn't even know where my income was going I was so tired.  But if the job isn't there, I haven't figured out how to make ends meet yet, but I would still need my healthy habits and body and mindset either way!

• Well, I'm finally going to the doctor today.  I feel like Frankenstein because my glands in my neck are literally sticking out.  My ears are blocked and I'm sleeping so poorly.  I've been working a lot and trying to plan hubby's surprise party for Thurs. and our getaway this weekend.  I can't wait until this week is over.   My UBWO yesterday was pretty good.  I started out really strong with my chest and shoulders but then I was getting so tired.  I hit 9's and 9.5 on the rest.  I'm happy for cardio today.  My left knee is hurting though.  Just to take a load of laundry up and down stairs.  Maybe I'll ask the doc about it today.  

Opti, how cool would it be to inspire your coworker to join up?  That would be so great!

Jacium, I give you a lot of credit.  2 years?!  I am so impressed.  I stopped when I got pregnant and then ya know, 3 kids under 5 took it's toll.  Fastforward 7 years and I'm just hoping to lose enough weight to inspire my husband to get on board.  One day at a time.  

I can't believe we're in week 7!  Let's do this!

DO YOUR BEST TODAY! 

• The Dr. tested me for strep, and is doing bloodwork on me for mono and then just a regular blood count.  I am so exhausted and my ears feel so blocked and ringing and it makes me dizzy.  I couldn't complete my cardio yesterday.  I'm hoping to get my LBWo in today.  I have to clean my whole house and plan my hubby's birthday tomorrow.  I'm in a bad way.  Not now.  Not week 7!  gggrrrr.....

DO YOUR BEST TODAY! 

• I had a great week last week.  When I weighed in on Saturday, I had actually lost 10 pounds.  I was so surprised and happy.  Yesterday, a pair of pants I bought last year were noticeably loose on me.  Those pants used to fit snugly.  This past weekend, I was able to wear a pair of jeans I had not been able to fit in over a year.  Yesterday, I noticed that my love handles had disappeared.  I am so happy.  I didn't feel like

working out last night, but after seeing so many results, I forced myself to go and do my UBWO.  I had a

good workout.  I didn't leave until time for the gym to close and my workout took me about an hour.  I'm still

trying to get the time down on my UBWO.  I am so excited about the results I'm starting to see. This has

been my best week yet.  I want to encourage everyone to stick with it.  The results will surely follow.  

Here's to week 7!