just started 3 days ago. . .

• my mom and i are doing body for life, finally. . .after owing the book for several years. i've been reading a lot of testimonials, and looking at a lot of pictures. . .then i ran into people slamming bfl on bodybuilding.com. . .they absolutely hate it. . . are they right??

• Body-For-Life is a scientifcally proven program that has helped transform millions for more than a decade. Their track record is unprecedented. Their are always critics, but I would suggest that you embrace the program and see what kind of results you and your mom yield.

Personally, I was able to add lean hard muscle while shedding bodyfat at a staggering rate. Take a look at the champions and read their transformational essays and decide for yourself.

Best of luck!

Lori

• thanks for the response. . .your before and after photos alone speak volumes for the program. i was just shocked at the elitism on their board. . . anyway. . .i'm new here, and visit the site everyday, now. . .looking forward to meeting everyone here. :)

• Thank you! There are wonderful people on this forum and they will provide you with tips, motivation and support along the way. Feel free to reach out. Welcome aboard!

• I agree with Lori. There will always be critics but I too was able to shed fat and bulid muscle. BFL works! Give it your all for all 12 weeks and you will see amazing results. BFL has changed thousands of lives, it has changed mine and it will, without a doubt, change yours!

All the best

Orrin

• thanks orrin. . .you look awesome by the way!

• Yep, you just can't go wrong with Body for Life.  

There are many extremes in the fitness community and the more you search the more confused you will get.  

I'd stick with something that has a supportive community, easy to follow guidelines and a group of people that won't always tell you what you want to hear, but we will tell you what works!  

Identify your goals and BFL will get you to a "healthy" fitness without being extreme.  It's a great program.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Just read your bio... I am impressed and believe I have a similar drive to achieve "that" body you are reaching out for... I have done ok with my hit or miss workouts and lifestyle change, but want more... I want that body you see in the BFL book and believe I will get there... I will be watching for your progress as well... I work in Madison Alabama but live in Albertville.... good luck to you (and me!!!) haha. I plan to begin my 12 weeks next week... instead of this past Monday as originally stated in another place.

Learning to be Happy with Where I am in Life...

• Dang Jpeter that is a long drive!!

• True... but it beats Not having a Job.... I manage a Sign Shop... so I sit alot... and hit Benders Gym on the way home... Pre BFL... I will start my 12 weeks Monday the 17th

• That's a true statement.  I used to go to Bender's every morning at 4:30am.

• Orrin...you look great!  It is wonderful to see transformations of "real" people!

• I discovered last nite at the gym I am gonna have a little problem working my shoulders... many. many years ago (in another life) I injured both shoulders doing tricep curls on the bench... and trying to work my shoulders last nite was quite painful... I will try to work through the pain, not giving up, but any suggestions would be most appreciated.

• I have a shoulder that acts up from an old injury too...my trainer said to try different shoulder exercises...some kill it (side raises) where a dumbbell press does not.  You may want to try it.  She also said....start with very light weights and then increase as the muscles around it get stronger.  Whole goal is to not injure yourself where you have to stop.  

• Thanks for the comment... it was with Dumbbell Lateral Raises and Dumbbell Bent Over Delt Raises.... guess I will have to go to the archives and find another set of Shoulder exercises to do.. I WILL NOT FAIL THIS... I CAN'T

Thanks again for All the Support