My Reason for Starting BFL!

•  

This is why I need to change my life! I would really like to hear from the BFL Community about your "Whys" and what keeps you motivated and sticking to your personal goals. Just looking for some encouragement! Thanks for your comments!

• This made me smile.  What a great reason!

For me, I was really unhappy.  I was angry, incredibly insecure, had low energy and just felt badly about who I had become.  I am doing BFL to become the person I was meant to be.

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Hi, Jessica, Me too, all those things and more! I've given up on myself in the past, but not this time around. My children are older and i can no longer use them as an excuse to not take care of myself.They are my cheering section so I need to do this not just for myself but also so I can be around a long time for them! Thank you sooo much for you comment. Keep moving forward and you'll reach your goal! :)

• I am doing BFL because I am sick of low carb, no carb, high protein, no protein... BALANCE. I am looking for a program that encompasses it all, and BFL does.

I want to feel good, look good, and be an inspiration to others. I have 4 kids I want to set a good example for. I want them to see healthy well rounded choices.

• @ Ayummymommy: I've felt the confusion that you've stated in your why as well! I say Amen to wanting to feel good, look good, and being an inspiration! I'm with you sister!!! Thanks for your comment!

• pleasure ;)

and good luck!! looking forward to seeing your success!!

• I share those same deep reasons also: being there for our kids, living long healthy life, encompassing all protein, carbs, etc.

Here are my 'superficial' reasons: step-daughter and I used to clothes shop together when she was in junior high and had so much fun.  She's at an attitude age right now, but some year when she feels like doing it together again, I want to be in shape where it's FUN to try on clothes together where she can be my fashion consultant.  Instead of, "oh you wanna go shopping?  wait, I'm fat, give me 3 months and then we'll go..."  

another superficial reason:  We have a pool at our apartment complex and I want to wear a frickin' bikini with confidence!

• Awwww... what a beautiful family you have.... and four very good reasons to look after YOU! Even though we are close to the same age, I haven't yet had a chance to have children, but desperately want a family and loving husband, which I know is just around the corner.... but I know first I have to be happy within me to attract the kind of person I want. It so great to share this journey with like-minded people. Lets rock a bikini together at the end of this!!!! But most of all live the life we have always dreamed of... confident and happy.

• All very good reasons, indeed!!

I was in decent shape when I started.  I have worked out my entire adult life, and ate pretty clean.  I had both of my kids in my 30's, and that is when the battle with weight started.  I had my appendix and right ovary taken out last fall, and started gaining weight after that.  I am also in my 40's now, and find it is getting harder and harder to lose the weight, and keep it off.  High cholesterol runs in my family, and my mom had high blood pressure as well.  I lost my mom to cancer a few years ago, and want to do everything within my power to make my body as healthy as I can, inside & out.  I want to be around to watch my girls graduate high school, college, get married, have children (if that is what they choose), or to just watch them be who they want to be.  I also want to be a healthy "old" woman; I want to be active when I get older, and not sitting in a chair somewhere, watching everything happen around me.  

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Love the picture!  What precious kiddos you have! Great reason!  This is a program that works!

Laurie

• Mazjaz, you're on! :)

• Hi BDMom, Thanks for sharing your story with me. Sorry about the lost of your mom to cancer. I too have lost loved ones to cancer as well.I always told friends that I'm not gonna grow old gracefully, but put up a fight every step of the way,wisely.My diet is my biggest challenge right now, but I have the BFL foods list so I will try to stick with that.Looking forward to my body changing! Thanks again!

• Laurie, thanks for the kind words! Their my everything!