BFL Beginner looking for Friends for mutual encouragment! LIve in Sydney Australia and would love to hear from anyone who has just started.

• Hi All,

I am on my second day of week two and already can't believe how my mindset has changed and the feeling of a real inner strength. I am also flabbergasted that I haven't wanted one drop of alcohol! As I drank at least every couple of days in my "before BFL".

I would consider myself an average size starting this program, and have always been active, but found after turning 35 my body is responding less and less to my old ways of maintaining my figure.

I want to wear a pair of short shorts again and have lovely long lean toned legs and a tight little booty!!! haha

I would love to meet some like minded people on this forum who may be around the same stage as myself, for words of encouragment and to share our results going forward.

My work colleage us also doing the BFL with me, he has completed it once before with incredible results.

I'm so determined to get that dream body!!!!

- Marian

P.S. By the way fellow Aussies - I have found a supplier of Myoplex here in Sydney. I can send you the details if anyone is interested.

• That's funny what you wrote about alcohol.  That's one of the biggest challenges for me is I love to drink a couple beers at the end of a long day.  Of course after those two beers I like to eat.  That's gonna stop though.  

• Congratulations on conquering your alcohol inclination. For me it was sweets. We all have our own vise. You will be amazed at the tranformation at the end of the challenge.(you will rock those short shorts) I would encourage you to take pictures, measurements and your body- fat analysis right away. Remember your transformation is based on two factors; your meal plan and you workout intensity. Make sure you monitor both fronts and reevaluate continuously. Work out with intensity and push beyond your preconceived limits!

Make it happen!

Lori

• Hi John, I must admit I am still amazed that I just stopped drinking completely..... that is not to say that I won't enjoy one or two on my free day if I happen to be out. Although my first test will be this Saturday as I have a friends party at a bar. I have already offered to drive, so that will at least keep me down to one drink if I decide to drink at all....

• Thanks Lori! That is great advice. I am following the meals to the letter.... although one thing I have changed is for my last meal, I am having a protein shake that is low carb (but I do mix it with about a tbsp of raspberries) as I always struggle to squeeze in that last meal, and find that I go to bed within about 1/2 an hour of it (as my last meal ends up being about 9.30pm and I want to be in bed by 10pm). Any thoughts on this, does it sound right what I am doing as I just don't want a belly full of bread/rice/potato etc.

• Hi,

I have the same meal before bed minus the raspberries. It's perfect!

Regards,

Lori

• Hi Marian - I am in pretty much the same boat as you.  Started same day as you. Not really new to exercise - but new to BFL.  In the past few years I have been "lazy" about exercise and was just doing cardio - with not great results! I love being back into weights - with a plan this time.  Crazy enough I have enjoyed the muscle soreness - just a reminder that I am doing something positive.  Glad to hear you have positive changes already! Keep it up!

Lori - WOW - just saw your transformation pics.  Way to go!!  I am turning 40 this year too (we have similar stats as well) and am glad to see what is possible.  So impressive!!

• I've done this before without drinking a drop the whole 12 weeks, and that's a great accomplishment.  The last time I did it, though, I had a few drinks on my free day.  This was almost a necessity because I now have 4 kids and it was nice to let go one day.  I'll probably do the same thing this time around too for the same reason.  However, word of caution:  you don't want to drink too much on your free day because otherwise it will ruin your next day's routine.  

• I've done this before without drinking a drop the whole 12 weeks, and that's a great accomplishment.  The last time I did it, though, I had a few drinks on my free day.  This was almost a necessity because I now have 4 kids and it was nice to let go one day.  I'll probably do the same thing this time around too for the same reason.  However, word of caution:  you don't want to drink too much on your free day because otherwise it will ruin your next day's routine.  

• LL111, Thank you very much! I turn 40 in 15 days (I'm excited) and I never felt better!! Believe in yourself and make it happen.

Warm Regards,

Lori

• Hi LL111, Yes I am also not new to exercise and found I also wasn't getting any results with just cardio, and I feel since turning 35 I have put on roughly a kilo of weight a year - so up 4 kgs that I just couldn't seem to budge. I am also loving the muscle soreness...haha!!!

I am summoning up the courage to put a before picture up ... but might wait till I have a "progress picture" too...

• Welcome aboard.  You will find that you want the alcohol less and less, I am sure, as you start to see results.  That is how I was with sweets (just like Lori).  I also agree with Lori about pictures and measurements, and body fat percentage.  The scale, alone, is a poor indicator of success on this program.  I will be 43 in a few weeks, but we are only as old as we allow our minds to make us.

Best wishes to you on your BFL journey.  Keep us posted on your challenges, triumphs, set-backs, etc...We are all in this together.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Hi BDMom - thank you for your encouragement! Have you already completed the challenge? Or what stage are you up to? It is great to meet so many like-minded and positive people on this site.... so thank you!!

• Hi Lori,

As you have had the ultimate success on your BFL journey, I hope you don't mind if I pick your brains as I continue along.... I would love to obtain the results you achieved (or even close would be great!) so as you are the "model" success story to me, I would love your advice on just a few things (if you don't mind):

- What did you eat on your free day (in those early weeks?) Did you count calories? Especially wanting to know in these early weeks, as I do get it that as the weeks go on, the free day seems to become less and less important.

- When did you start to see some weight loss e.g. pants/skirts getting looser

- To get the muscle definition in your final photos, did you go on any special diet i.e stopped drinking water for a day, had an all protein diet.... or is what we see the exact result after 12 weeks?

I appreciate your time in answering my questions !!!

Marian

• Hi Marian,

I appreciate your wonderful compliments, thank you!

The first 4 weeks of the challenge I occasionally incorportated free days. I would typically eat a snack. Like a chocolate chip muffin, or a granola bar, then clean eating the rest of the day. By the 5th week I no longer craved it. I try to stay within 1,200-,1400 calories a day. Everyone is different but that works for me.

The weight loss happened slowly. As my intensity level in the gym increased and I learned to push

beyond my preconceived levels, then my body began changing. I was losing inches by the 4th week but most of the weight-loss happened during weeks 7-12.

You need to work at full capacity in the gym. When you feel tired and can't lift those last few reps-DO IT, When you're doing cardio and its time to raise your level-push hard. Give each day your full focus, and in the end you will feel and look fantastic!

In preperation for the photo shoot I limited my carb intake. I think water withdrawl is dangerous.and would not recommend it. I actually drank alot more water during the last few weeks. I ate approximately 100 grams of protein throughout the challenge.

Feel free to send additional questions to the BFL personal message center. Make everyday count!

Regards,

Lori