Question about supplements

• I'm new to the challenge and am starting tomorrow (1/2/2011). I am a college student and I can't afford to buy a lot of supplements, but I do have an event that I'm aiming to loose weight for. I was wondering if the challenge was effective without purchasing and taking supplements.

• I did the BFL program while I was going to grad. school out of state and didn't have a lot of money at all so I had to be extremely frugal with my money, especially my food purchases. Here's some stuff that I found cheap and nutritious.

1. Eggs/Egg Whites

2. Lean Ground Beef

3. Skim milk

4. Chicken breasts were expensive so I used legs and thighs and cleaned them as much as possible -- i.e. removed as much skin and fat as possible. You do end up wasting a little bit but it's a lot cheaper than breasts. Only get breasts if they're on sale.

5. Oatmeal is a great breakfast carb. You can buy it in bulk for cheap.

6. Pasta -- IN MODERATION & BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR PORTION SIZE!!!

7. Canned beans - Rinse them because a lot of them are too salty and don't be tempted to eat baked beans because they're just sugar beans.

8. Frozen veggies are cheap and they stay fine in the freezer.

9. I did buy a few Zone Perfect bars so I'd have something to eat in between classes.

That's about all I ate. The food above won't get old if you buy a few spices to your liking. Just like the program keep the food varied and you won't get sick of it.

Also, with regards to supplements a lot of them have the fake sugars, sucralose etc. which makes me make many trips to the restroom if you know what I mean so I had to avoid them. Speaking of that does anyone know of any natural EAS supplements without all the fake stuff?

• Thanks!

I don't eat red meat and I'm lactose intolerant, but I can definitely make some moderations to what you've done. It seems really do-able. I don't even eat chicken... I'm pretty much a pescatarian.