Starting Jan 17th, 2011, Care to Join Me?

• Hi, I started today and wondered if I could be part of your group :0)  I have been visiting the forum for a couple of months now. I built up the courage to get my husband to take the photos last night. I was expecting divorce papers this morning. Even though they are before photos, it is funny how you still stand straight and suck in the stomach. Anyway, here is to a new healthy lifestyle, meeting new people, and buying small, pretty clothes.

Thanks

Debby

• Great work Brian! Your stats and measurments and pics show dedication and hard work!

• Welcome Debby- your post made me smile, "buying small, pretty clothes"... we all need a carrot out there to start going and this is as good as anything! I found that the before pics are a GREAT motivator for me to stay with the challenge, keep hitting my marks and watch what I consume. I will be taking my pics in the next few days and posting them, because I want them out there for all to see...it really helps me stay accountable, they help me remember why I am on this journey, and they help me actually see the changes taking place.

Starting on Monday, Jan. 17...

Power on-

BobbyA

• Hi all - I want to jump on and follow this thread if that's alright.  I did my first challenge Sept. to Nov 2010. I continued the BFL way since then with some straying with eating at the holidays and just got back from 5 days in New Orleans so now its time to kick it back in gear. I have no plans to "officially" enter for 2011 but I just need somewhere get some accountability, moral support and motivation.

Kim

• Thanks BobbyA,

My motivation is going from Bridget Jones knickers to Victoria Secret Sets- maybe this is too much information especially just after lunch!!!

Maybe you can answer a question for me please, I am English and therefore the hardest thing I am trying to cut back on is drinking tea. I had one cup this morning but lunchtime I switched the milk for powdered creamer which is only 2g carbs. Does this count as anything if I only had the one cup, or how do I account for the milk in my tea. I usually would have had 6 cups of tea by now and 10 to 15 cups in a day. oops. It is the only way I can deal with these Candian Winters.

Thanks for you advice.

Debby

• Orrin,

thanks for the encouragement.  Hopefully this next challenge will push me from the heavy end of the healthy weight range to the light side of the healthy weight range.

Be great everybody.....it sounds like you all have your head in the game

Brian

• Hello everyone,

hope your first week is treating you well.  Don't be discouraged if you feel headaches, body aches, sluggish, tired.....these are just growing pains.  In a week you'll be pushing harder and feeling more alive than ever before.

Keep pushing....live well

Brian

• Hi Brian,

Thanks for inviting me to join in your group! I would like to follow your thread and work as hard as everyone else here.

JanaBo

• I read the book last Friday, bought authorized food and supplements Saturday, planned Sunday, have been BFLing since Monday, set up an account here yesterday, and joining this thread today.  Now it's time to go eat again.

I only skimmed all the past posts, but DEBBY, you do need to count milk.  Use the search bar and you can find a bunch of good information.

• DEBBY- I think this thread most closely matches your concerns:

bodyforlife.com/.../41959.aspx

• BrianTCa1981
    Don't be discouraged if you feel headaches, body aches, sluggish, tired.....these are just growing pains.  In a week you'll be pushing harder and feeling more alive than ever before.

Keep pushing....live well

Brian

Not feeling 'aches' plural, just 'ache' singular.

One giant ache, all over. :D

It's a good one, though!

"Pain (aches) is just weakness leaving the body..."  <-- Yay! Time for some mid-morning eggs...

• Bermidjiguy

DEBBY- I think this thread most closely matches your concerns:

bodyforlife.com/.../41959.aspx

Thanks for the advice. I am determined this is going to work for me. I m down to 4 cups from 15 so not doing too bad and I did not have carbs with my evening meal to allow for my tea. Thanks again.

Debby

• Looking forward to starting on 1/17/11.  I did BFL in the past with great results, but have allowed myself to get get soft.  Ready for action again.  Best of luck to all!

• Brian thanks for the message and hopefully the rest of the crew on the other threads will join in here!

HI everybody, Day 3 for me and I had a little slip up at lunch...OREO cookies...UGH.  I have done a challenge in the past and I know how important it is to eat clean so I must not let that happen again!

Debby, I too must deal with Canadian winter...and it's been a little rough this year!!    I have been drinking herbal tea for a couple of months now...maybe you could try that?  Hot yoga class once or twice a week is also a wonderful treat during the winter months!!

• Hi Martani,

Whereabouts in Canada are you? I have tried herbal tea but I really don't like it. Taste like dirty sock water, not that I drink sock water often!!   I am not brave enough to join any classes at the moment. I enjoy doing weights at home with no-one watching, but thanks for the idea, it does sound a warm treat.

Thanks again

Debby