Starting 1/03/2011 - Who's With Me?!!!

• Ok, so got my meals prepped for tomorrow (had to get it done before the football games started).  I am really pumped and looking forward to tomorrow.  Hopefully, I can stay this enthusiastic during the whole 12 weeks.      

• I'm ready folks! I actually started today. I do better when I start on a Sunday and have my free day on Saturdays. I've done this before with great success. I lost 25 lbs and went from a size 12 to an 8 in the 12 weeks. I kept it off for 3 years until I was diagnosed with cancer and underwent chemo and radiation. Then I have had 3 more babies. So, now is the time to get back into shape!

I weighed today....168.8. Grumble. I wear a size 12. I hope to have the same success as last time.

Good luck to you all!

• I am soo excited to start!! I just made my menu and am out the door to go to the grocery store..FYI..there is an excellent website from former BFL 2008 Grand Master Champion winner Emily Alvers www.emilyalvers.com/about.html..She has alot of good information and sample menu..I have just printed a bunch of her stuff to help w/planning my own menu..You should go check it out. It made things easier for me!!! Well good luck everyone!! Lets do this!!!

• Emily Alvers is a great source of inspiration and motivation, as well as knowledge.  Please do check out her site!!  Best wishes.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Hi Y'all!

Wow, the holidays are over now! I'm so happy to see so many people want to join in on 1/03/2011!

I had a great holiday including eating everything I wanted to on the 1st.

Today I'm going to shop for groceries and cook for the first half of the week.

I'll tell y'all my secret to weight and health. Back when I was slim - 98 pounds - I ate a vegan low fat whole foods diet. I actually came to really enjoy it after a week or two after my palate changed.  I went back to eating meat because of anemia concerns. Now I'm 142 lbs. ( got up to the 150s before I lost a bit)with anemia. Go figure!

With this diet - not as in weight loss but as an eating plan - I get to a healthy weight  and get a  healthy blood chemistry.

So here's my plan: fresh produce (sometimes frozen), whole grains (I like brown rice), no flour, no sugar or other sweeteners, lots of legumes such as beans and lentils, limited fruits, greens, limited oils and nuts and the like. I takes a minute or two to adjust to eating this way LOL! Try vegetarian ethnic food, I like Indian, Thai, and Japanese stir fries.

Note, I'm not a 'political' vegan. I have just had spectacular success eating this way because it's so low cal (if I don't eat a lot of oil or nuts) that I can eat enough to never feel hungry.  

I just got an email that a new 21-day a Vegan Kickstart begins tomorrow the third as well. Believe me, it's just coincidence that I decided to start on 1/3/11. Great minds think alike, LOL. Here's the URL: http://pcrm.org/kickstartHome/

Have a great Challenge everyone!

• Hi there everyone tomorrow is the day for our 12 week Challenge, I'm very excited to get started for this one ... Going on C3 for me ....,~ I need to lose about 30 pounds ... Getting food ready and exercise program ready to do tomorrow,~ Good luck everyone and I will see you tomorrow ....

• 1-3-11 starter/quitter here. Starting my challenge, quitting being fat and unhealthy and just, well, "Not What I Should and Can Be"...

I accept the knowledge of the following, if not having experienced the Reality of it just yet:

I and my body will be going through shock treatment this week.

Complete change in diet, habits, mental outlook needed, & ONLY way to succeed.  Besides adapting to eating 6x a day of non-fast food, the cigarettes go away. Post-workday beer, too... :wah: (<-although that should be reflected quickly in a bounce of the numbers in my checking account... ;) ).

It will be Hard. Yet - It is the ONLY thing I can do. (Other than to continue being a loser, at least in my own mind ...)

My free day will be Saturday, will have to fudge my Plan a little here at the start to make that happen, what with beginning on a Monday.

Thought for the week: Pain & discomfort is my Weakness leaving my body. THIS body. Make it happen.

Good luck to all of y'all. Stick to it! A few days of 'bad', and you will start to adapt, and it should get easier. I am really looking forward to Thursday - that day will be when I no longer have nicotine in my body. :)

How did I get here?  <- By not doing the above...

• OK, I know nothing about this program...other than a firend posted on her acebook she is doing this with her son.  So, here I am.  I downloaded the challange...the dates are 2010, not 2011. Is this still al challange?  Also, do I need to have a partner? 

• Thanks for the words of encouragement, Anne! I just took my before pictures and planned out my food for tomorrow and excersise! Good luck :)

• someone send inpiration...please!!

• I started on Jan 1...Day 3 tomorrow so I will be sore with the rest of you all starting Monday.  Bring it on people!!!

• My meals are all planned, the grocery shopping is done, before pictures have been taken, and have everything set up for my early morning workout.  5 am is going to be here soon.     I think i need to write "GET UP" on my alarm clock as extra motivation....

I am glad I took my before pictures, I knew my body needed work, but it really gave me a kick in the butt to keep this up this time.

Good luck everyone!

Does anyone know a good website for exercises with free weights? I work out at home and have a good adjustable weight set but have very few exercises to go on.

• mom of 2, try exrx.net.  it's a great site with video demonstrations of each exercise in the directory.  I'm a personal trainer and have used this site a lot.  Here is a direct link:

www.exrx.net/.../Directory.html

Good luck to everyone starting on January 3rd (and also anyone starting post-January 3rd, of course).

Thanks!

• Howdy everyone!  My husband (BFL username = Ag12thman) and I are both starting tomorrow!  We have our hands full being parents of two young kids, so it'll be a huge challenge to get through these next 12 weeks.  We've done BFL in the past and it's a GREAT program that works if you WORK hard at it.  Now we need to try doing it "for Life" as the name suggests!

Good luck to all of you!

• Hi everyone!  I am starting tomorrow.  Can't wait!!  I'm going to need some accountability so I'm on these forums which I've never used before!  Have 3 children and taking my first class in 18 years towards nursing.  PLUS I want to get back in shape - lots of goals for 2011!!!!