Let's not wait until 2011...let's start our challenge on Dec 27th.

• Also, this is a very useful free website to keep track of your progress:

http://www.dailyburn.com

Good luck!

• Yay  you guys, here we are at Day 1!! I am so ready and raring to go.

I loved every minute of my 11 day AR and feel really comitted to this next 12 weeks.  I'm looking forward to the muscle burn I've been missing.  How weird is that?!  ;-)

Yesterday I cooked Christmas dinner for the family and feel like that was the Grande Finale ... (so relieved to have that out of the way again for the year, but enjoyed it greatly).

Treat yourselves well today and make the very best of that small amount of workout time you have committed to yourself.  You are worth every single minute of it!

• Hey All!

I'm starting my "official" challenge 2 today. I got off track a little bit and decided to get back to basics. So  instead of having my free days occur by chance I'm going to take control again and get back to the structure I really enjoyed when I actually stuck to the disciplined ways I adhered to during my first challenge. From May to August of this year I lost 20 lbs during my first challenge and felt great. With the holidays and stuff, I've kind of put some weight back on so I need to get myself in gear again. Plus I've missed the BFL community. I drew so much inspiration from everyone before and that's such a great plus!

Take care and Happy Day 1 to all!

Melissa

• Man, I had a lot of reading and posts to catch up on since Friday.  Glad to see even more people have signed up since then.

Well, being that I am on week two, but part of this group, I got in an awesome LBWO this morning! Already increaseng my weights a little, more becasue i don't know that I was truly "Pushing the limits before".  Felt strong, but got a little out of the comfort zone today!  Really hit some 10's today.

Can't wait to get to that HIIT tomorrw!

I did a pretty admirable job of watching the food intake over the "Holidaze", whic is really tough couming from an Eastern European background, where Christmas Eve is basically a giant Carb Loading fest :)

I did manage to get some proteins in too.

It was really nice that people in my family showed there support for me with this journey.  Got some new Adidas shoes for the gym, some nice gym socks from my folks, and even work out clothes from

my soon to be ex-mother in law.  But most importantly, i got support from my family through the difficult times I have ahead.

Didn't really take a Free day this week, didnt feel like it, ok well maybe I snuck a peanutbutter ball or 2 yesterday.  Looking forward to taking Friday as my Free Day this week as far as the food goes, but I will be hitting up the gym before my first NYE on my own in a long time.  

Watch out World!  The old confidence and swagger are coming back finally.  Its amazing what a few weeks of Healthy eating and working out (including a couple unfocused efforts in BFL)have done for me, as I stand on the abyss of Single Life again :)

-8 lbs so far, (5 since last week when I became focused)!,

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” - Shel Silverstein

• Hello day 1!!!!!

• 12 weeks here we come!  Good Morning Teammies!  I am ready to go. We actually have about a foot of snow here in Va Beach Va which is unbelievable!  Don't like it much. I need to go get my weights out of the garage cuz I can't drive on the road and get to the gym!  Hee hee I'm sure that is funny to all of you who Re used to this white stuff.

I threw out all of the Christmas goodies last night and getting ready to make a healthy BFL breakfast.  I weighed myself and thatbwas quite ugly. Getting ready to take the pics and measure. This is my 2nd challenge.  I finished my first a few years ago and had great results. For all the teammates who have never done it IT DOES WORK!  I was still going strong and was doing P90X and toning even more. I even ran a half marathon for the first time in my life. In 2:28 - not too bad for a 50 year old!  And then it happened. I was in the grocery store and slipped and fell on some squished grapes and jacked my knee up bad. That was in Nov 09. Now a little over a year later- knee surgery and PT I am almost 30 pounds heavier and disgustednwith myself that I let that happen!  I can blame part of it on not being able to run and do lower body but I know deep down that was a cop out. I had a pity party and used that as a big ex use. I could have still continued to do upper body workouts just to continue the discipline and heaven knows I certainly knew better than to continue eating like I was doing a full workout!  The past 6 months have been filled with self indulgence and crazy eating but no more!  I'm so ready to get BB back...to get my zest for life and fun self back as well as the physical BB!

Thanks for letting me vent. I usually don't write a whole lot!  I'm looking forward to the support and encouragement we can give each other! Good Luck Everyone. May we see less of each other!

BB

• Sailgirl!  I grew up in Va Beach and my brother is in Norfolk...he sent me a picture of the snow!  Yikes.  Cold for Miami today...low 40's.

Day 1 of C3 off to a good start for me!  Awesome UBWO and a protein shake down the hatch.  Enjoy honoring yourselves today, friends!

Jen

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten!

My FOURTH Challenge: May 23-Aug. 14, 2011.  Began First BFL Challenge on June 21, 2010

• OK, BD Mom, I am on board!  Challenge # 2.  

Have been off the program for over a month now, tried restarting before the holidays, but couldn't seem to get going, with all the distractions.  Now I am ready and excited to start again, finish what I started last August..... Up early today, journaled, did my UBWO, feel better already.  "If the mind can conceive it, you can achieve it!"  Mentally I am there.  

I had a law school professor who once told us law school was 80% hard work, 20% genius.  So too, here, I suspect.... 80% nutrition and following the program, 20% "good"/athletic genes....

Best of luck to all.

Pam

• Small world Jen!  Hee hee then you Know we are in a stand still here!  I like snow for one day, but several?  Yuck!  I've always lived here so I love the beach weather!

Okay time to get to work!

• HELLO FELLOW CHALLENGERS!!!  Have you gotten your workout in yet, what about your eating; is it clean BFL approved foods, and are you drinking your water????

Day 1 of challenge 2 underway for me.  I had a  great workout this AM, eating has been spot on and I am ready to rock this second challenge!!

I am glad Christmas is behind us.  The junk is out of our house now...no waiting for the new year.  I do cook up a potluck for our family on NY Eve & we eat all the leftovers on NY day.  I told my husband and kids that I am not making anything on NY Eve, but will do our traditional potluck on Saturday (for one day only), and that will be my free day for the week.

I am soooo happy to see so many people on here; let's all finish this challenge, no matter what obstacles we encounter.

patti:  I can't go back to previous page, but think you were the one who asked about free day.  Well, let's just say that on my first challenge, I ate a lot on my free days.  I would eat all the stuff that I craved during the week.  Did it hurt my progress??  I'll never know.  I personally think it helped with my metabolism to boost those calories for one day, after being so strict during the week.  It will probably be an experimental thing for you.  It helped keep me on task, and didn't make me feel like I was on a deprivation "diet."  I  did buckle down for the last 2 free days.

Pam:  Welcome aboard.  Now that the distractions are behind you, you are going to do great.

Jen:  You are off to a great start!  Good to see you here.

BB/Sailgirl:  I am glad you decided to bring BFL back into your life.  Sorry about your injury.  I am glad you are feeling like you can take care of yourself now and honor that promise to be healthier.

Leevis2:  It sounds like you are doing fantastic!!!  You should be very proud of your dedication, especially over the past week, which was a tough week for me.  I am glad you have the support you need; it makes all the difference.

Melissa:  Welcome back.  This is my second challenge as well.  I have managed to gain a few pounds too,but better to nip it in the butt now before we gain anymore, right??  We have the tools, and we know how to use them...let's get crackin'.

HighBeams:  Glad to see you here today.  I feel like the last week has been a grand finale for me....ha.  Not anymore.  I already feel better getting that good healthy food down and a great workout under my belt.

TJ:  Thanks for the info. on the wesite.  

To everyone else, make this a great day & remember it is all about progress & not perfection.  Be good to yourselves.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Thanks for the words BD!  I definetly feel like now that I am getting support from my family, and am now living on my own (except the nights I get my Boy :D ), I feel like it has really given me the opportunity to focus on myself and what I need to do to complete this challenge, and change my life.

Also, good to see that you are only doing the one day of the potluck!  I know that people kept trying to give me leftovers from the Holidays, and it took a ton of resolve not to take some!

Lets keep this going, I am keeping my eyes on two prizes.  The Immediate of the free eating day on Friday, and the long term, developing a healthier, happier lifestyle!

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” - Shel Silverstein

• Hello everyone. . . I am COMPLETELY new here.  I am beginning my first challenge and I am ready.  

I have made so many changes to my life over the past 6 months and changing my body now seems possible.  I am fired up, nervous and determined all at once.  Standing here at day 1 it seems a little daunting but I have decided to take it one day at a time.  

A couple of weeks of planning, grocery shopping, some dry runs at the gym are all behind me and all I have at this point is the challenge.  I would be honored to join you guys!

I am tired of my body not reflecting the true person who is living inside of it!!

Namaste,

Topher

• Hello Everyone,  I started the challenge today as well.  I am so happy I got on this website this morning.  I am not new to BFL, but definitely new to this forum.  The last time I did the challenge was August of 2000, and I've gained 20 lbs since then.  I had my husband take my picture this morning and didn't dare look, now..I'm not looking back.  this is it, I am so glad to be on board with all of you positive people, we will succeed!!!  Thanks BDMOM!!!

• Topher:  Welcome aboard; there is plenty of room on this BFL train..the more the merrier.  One day at a time is definately the best way to do this. 84 days seems so far off, but really it goes much faster than you think. You will start to see and feel your body differently and that will just fuel the fire to keep going!  Come here often for support and with any questions.

Denise:  Glad you found your way back to BFL; it works!  Good job taking that picture.  You will be so glad you did when you take progress photos and compare.  I would not have noticed the subtle changes without the progress photos.

Here is my menu for today:

Meal 1:  protein shake after workout

Meal 2:  1 egg & 3 egg whites, and a bowl of oatmeal

Meal 3:  chicken ***, brown rice, cottage cheese with buffalo sauce, heated and served over salad

Meal 4:  cottage cheese and apple

Meal 5:  Turkey meatloaf, broccoli & tomatoes

Meal 6:   Protein shake

Day one almost under our belts!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• I started today too!  No need for a new year's resolution, this is a lifetime resolution =D  I'm a long time BFL'er, first time challenger.  What I'm most excited about it I convinced my brother to do the challenge with me, as a family group.  I feel this is the best legacy we can create for our family, and I can't wait to see the results when we both dedicate ourselves to this!