In this for LIFE... because I want my "body for life"...

• Sure...here is what I have eaten and will eat for yesterday and today...

Sunday:

1c egg whites+ 1 egg,sf syrup

1/2c oats,1tbsp pb2,1tbsp flaxseed,1scoop protein powder

Egg white omlette (1/2cwhites+ 1egg), mush,onions, cuc, carrots, Sweet pot (1/2c)

1/2c ff cott cheese, fruit (8 strawberries,1/2 c blueberries)

5oz chicken with salad, evoo +spices

3 oz Chicken,veggies

Monday: ubwo

1/2c oats,1tbsp pb2, 1 tbsp flax, 1/2c egg whites+1egg

Myoplex Carb Control shake, 1/2 c sweet potato

Tuna, 1/2c butternut squash, cuc, carrots

protein shake, fruit (strawberries, blueberries)

5 oz Chicken, veggies,evoo, salad

3 oz Chicken + broc

• Okay... I think you might not be getting enough.  This plan is not aligned with the BFL program.  

Sunday

M1 - It's missing a carb.  You should likely ditch the sf syrup, but a tiny is not a big deal.

M2 - Flaxseed is good, but not for AM.  Have it later because in the morning you want your body running quick in the morning.  Fat will slow it.  PB2 is debatable.  I don't like that it has sugar.  

M5 - Where is the carb?  

M6 - Where is the carb?

You are not eating enough carb.  I don't know if that's by design or accidental.  It will not help your progress to skip carbs.  You aren't eating enough to properly fuel your body and progress.  

Monday:

M1 - again...move the flax.  Also, you are better off with fish oil than flax.  

M3 - It would depend on how many carrots.  You might keep the squash and have an apple instead of carrots.  

M4 - Do you mean whey protein or a shake like Myoplex?  If Myoplex then to add fruit would double the carbs.  

M5 - Where is the carb?

M6 - Where is the carb?

I hope you took this for how it was meant.  I want you to succeed and honestly think you must be tired from not eating enough.  You will see MORE progress by giving your body what it needs.  

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Okay... I think you might not be getting enough.  This plan is not aligned with the BFL program.

Sunday

M1 - It's missing a carb.  You should likely ditch the sf syrup, but a tiny is not a big deal.Ok, only reason there was no carb here was it was a cardio day and I go too late to the gym to go on empty stomach so I just have protein, but will change to oats and prot powder or egg white with oats

M2 - Flaxseed is good, but not for AM.  Have it later because in the morning you want your body running quick in the morning.  Fat will slow it.  PB2 is debatable.  I don't like that it has sugar.  I hear you

M5 - Where is the carb?  took it out and only have veggies to taper off the carbs in the evening. Was having carb before and not budging

M6 - Where is the carb? this meal is right before bed, so again, the veggie is the carb

You are not eating enough carb.  I don't know if that's by design or accidental.  It will not help your progress to skip carbs.  You aren't eating enough to properly fuel your body and progress.  

Monday:

M1 - again...move the flax.  Also, you are better off with fish oil than flax.  

M3 - It would depend on how many carrots.  You might keep the squash and have an apple instead of carrots.  

M4 - Do you mean whey protein or a shake like Myoplex?  If Myoplex then to add fruit would double the carbs. no, it is whey isolate or the myoplex with only 1 or 2 net carbs NOT the myoplex lite...myoplex advantedge or carb control

M5 - Where is the carb? same as above day

M6 - Where is the carb? same as above day

I hope you took this for how it was meant.  I want you to succeed and honestly think you must be tired from not eating enough.  You will see MORE progress by giving your body what it needs.  

I am so not tired. On a regular day if I am eating this which is at least 1500 calories: (I am only 5'1")

1/2c oats,1tbsp pb2, 1 tbsp flax, 1/2c egg whites+1egg

Myoplex Carb Control shake, 1/2 c sweet potato

Tuna, 1/2c butternut squash, cuc, carrots (8 baby carrots)

protein shake, fruit (strawberries, blueberries)

5 oz Chicken, veggies,evoo, salad

3 oz Chicken + broc

Each meal contains a protein and carb (earlier is the starchy ones and the last two meals I have veggies at the carb). The protein per meal is 20 grams and the carbs a bit more per meal in the first 4 and then veggie carbs at the last two.

What would be a meal plan you would recommend?

Thanks for helping, I appreciate it.

• In most cases the veggie isn't enough of a carb to count.  It's rare that people would eat that much veggie.  I get skipping it on meal 6, but not meal 5.  You insulin might be oscillating, which might be the problem.  Add berries to meal 5.  They are such a great source of so much and a good non starchy carb.  Also, maybe bracket meal 1 with a myoplex lite.  That's having 1/2 before and 1/2 after working out.  

• Alright, I hear you on the berries. But keep meal 6 the same right?

And so you are saying have something between breakfast and the gym? 1/2 shake before and then have the other half in addition to my meal after?

• Different people will tell you different things about meal 6.  The late great Uncle Mike had veggies as his carb for meal 6.  It just depends.  You might make it 0% Greek yogurt.  That has more protein than carb and is the best kind of protein for night (casein). 

As for meal 1, I don't think there's a "perfect" answer.  What time do you get up?  What time is cardio?

• So I have been told also that dairy hinders fat loss so cut the dairy. I had greek yogurt in before, cottage cheese, but have considered taking them out to get over this plateau.

I am up at about 6:30 and eat by 7:15 am or so.

I get to the gym for 9:10am. So either cardio or weights will begin then.

• I would typically agree about dairy, but Greek yogurt really falls into its own category.  That or 0% cottage cheese. 

On weights day I would have a full meal before working.  On cardio I would personally wait, but you could just do a really small meal and then a slightly larger 1 hour after cardio.

• So if you had to put a caloric number to shoot for what would it be??

• What's your stats with height and weight and basic shape?

• I am right now 138lbs (give or take) and 5'1". I carry my weight in the hips and butt. So pear I guess.

• We are about the same size.  I do 1250 days and up to 1800, but stay at around 1500 calories. 

• when do you do 1250? do you feel hungry? what does that day look like?

when would you do 1800? what does that day look like?

Are you losing? at what rate? what did you start at? have you been eating clean and working out a long time?

• I am now at about 1500 per day.

• Typically I only feel hungry when I'm too low on complex carbs. 

I don't add it up each day, but I vary a bit on portions and how free I am with things like complex carbs.  I was losing at a rate of 2.5 per week and now it's more 1.25 because I'm closer to goal.  I started at 189.  My goal is 113 or so.  I am 4'11".  I started at 145 for this Contest.  I keep going in an out of the plan for the first weight loss and have been consistent since mid October.

This is a good example of a typical meal plan for me.

Meal 1 - Myoplex Strength & Reload

Meal 2 - Chicken (4oz) & Veggie (usually broccoli) & Brown Rice or Steel Cut Oats

Meal 3 - Myoplex Strength & Reload

Meal 4 - Bison or Grilled Tuna & Sweet Potato or Rasberries

Meal 5 - Myoplex Strength & Reload

Meal 6 - Greek Yogurt or 6 Eggs Whites (1 Yolk) and Rasberries & Fish Oil